Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#466 by signman ( deleted ) , Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:50 am

Torretial rain here all night and still raining.
Haven't been anywhere for three days, feel like I'm in prison.

signman

#467 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:02 am

Good morning all,

Dry here at the moment, but somewhat overcast, I've just heard on the radio that the 17th of January is always considered to be the gloomiest day of the year. I must say that I don't feel very bright after listening to David Cameron trying to evade John Humphrys questions on the Today programme

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#468 by Deleted User , Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:45 pm

Hello all,

well it felt a little bit like spring outside today..such a lot of birdsong.

Also the sun is out.

#469 by mikejee , Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:47 pm

Denise
sounds like the tooth feels a lot better

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#470 by Deleted User , Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:19 pm

Well it is a lot better than it was Mike.Had a run in at the Dentist today on the phone as had a provisional appointment for Wednesday,the recceptionist said she had to check with the Dentist first.hAD A PHONE CALL THIS MORNING TO SAY she could not see me till Thursday.

As this tooth needs to be out and should have been out a while ago I was not pleased and said so and also complained about them not doing the x ray when they should have.Had a later phone call to say the Dentist will give up her lunch hour and see me tomorrow.They did not want me to be unhappy with the servvice.They are nice people at my Dentist and I was reluctant at first to push it too much but how uncaring can you get.So we will see what tomorrow brings.

Back to the constant background pain now.

Some days everything seems like a battle .

#471 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:03 pm

Denise

I can't understand them, no one should know better than a dentist how painful toothache is. They know if a tooth needs pulling that you don't want to hang about for days. You have more control than me because I would have been in that surgery this morning and they would not have got me out until the tooth was out.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#472 by Sheldonboy , Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:07 pm

I think all The Dentist sees today is the money.

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#473 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:15 pm

A simple extraction probably nets a dentist about £60 but in the same time they could most likely earn a couple of hundred doing some dental cosmetic work.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#474 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:01 am

Good Morning All,

That is if there is anybody out there?

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#475 by berniew , Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:13 am

Morning Phil broadband off all evening again last nightfrom about 7 pm called it a dayabout 19pm Virgin are very poor

berniew  
berniew
Date registered 12.28.2009

#476 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:13 am

I'm here for the second time today Phil, just answered your other frame game, you'll have to try harder than that.
Dry at last here, but a cold east wind, good walking weather at last, going to wander off somewhere for a few hours.

signman

#477 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:41 am

The thing is I'm so used to being the last one each day logging on to this thread, that it is quite a novelty to be the first.

John,

I'll have to see if I can think some frame games myself, the ones I crib are too easy. I suppose that is the reward you get for copying.

Bernie

I don't know what it is with Virgin lately, but I have to say that for about the last week I have been trouble free. I'll get used to this if they are not careful.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#478 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:14 am

For anyone that's interested, these charts are from the latest edition of PC PRO magazine.

signman

#479 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:41 am

John

I'm sorry but I can't agree with those figures as I would put Virgin at the bottom of all those charts, I think I will have a look at this "Zen" and see if it is available in the Midlands.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#480 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:00 pm

Phil,. I am with PIPEX ,have been for 6 years and never had one iota of trouble, yet they are last but one.

signman

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Open All Hours 2010

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor