Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#361 by Deleted User , Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:26 am

John,sorry to har the Kings is for sale,hope it does not end up as a sad looking shell like The Fleet did.

Will be keen to see if it has a new tenant in March.

So sad to hear about a book shop closing,problem is with charity bookshops and on line sales they don't stand much of a chance these days.

#362 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:32 am

Good morning all,

I think if ever a service comes along that gives a reliable broadband service at a reasonable price with the minimum of fuss to install and of course call centres in the UK then they will clear the board.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#363 by mikejee , Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:42 am

Denise
I think John means British bookshops. They are new books (at reduced prices) so the charity shops did not affect them

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#364 by Deleted User , Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:50 am

Tesco do some great offers on some of the books that I have read,when they first come out,not even Smiths could match the price.I do not normally shop at Tesco but I use the one at Tewkesbury a lot when we are at the van.

#365 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:05 am

John

I always find that when a pub changes it's name that it usually a sign that there is not long to go before it closes. It's as if they think a new name will bring in new custom, if the other pubs around them are doing well then they have to realise that it is a problem with the pub not the name.

I always buy my books from Amazon, Abebooks or Ebay out of all three I would recommend Amazon because you can get brand new books at less than half price even with postage.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#366 by Deleted User , Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:07 am

I agree Phil,problem is someone has to be in when they arrive and that puts me off.

#367 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:09 am

Denise

You should stop in more then and stop gadding about spending all of hubby's hard earned!

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#368 by signman ( deleted ) , Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:52 am

I always have any deliveries sent to the pub, not that I'm always in there, but someone is and they ring me if I have anything.

signman

#369 by Deleted User , Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:33 pm

I can't stop spending money Phil LOL

Well a bit fed up today as some of you may remember I had a lot of dental work just before Christmas.Had some low grade pain then but dentist said the tooth was just sensative and use sensative toothpaste.Anyway really started to hurt bad and had an x ray yesterday that said the bone has almost gone and it needs to come out,went today and saw another Dentist and she said it is infected with infection coming out.So stuck with it until the tabs work and in some pain.

Moan groan.

To top matters Jim,s uni friends are coming all the way from Cambridge to see us so I have
got to go to the pub with them.....life is hard.cus I won't be able to have a drink .[So Sad]

#370 by signman ( deleted ) , Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:49 pm

Denise I have another bottom tooth very loose, I'm just working on it and it will come out shortly, even though my eldest daughter is a dentist,
I just don't go I think they create work for themselves, and age makes a difference, teeth become loose as we get older, so why try and stop the inevetable.

signman

#371 by mikejee , Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:28 pm

John
I would completely agree withyou where a tooth is just getting loose, but in Denise's case it seems more than that. The first dentist she saw would seem to be (as the Romans would say) a Sterilis Medicus (a useless doctor). If there was any question of it being painful my dentist would have originally wanted to do an x-ray to check .

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#372 by berniew , Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:54 pm

People have different experiences and I have never had to use Orange sevices but I would never have anything to do with Orange again . I had a phone on contract from them , it.s a very long story , but they cheated and lied for months in the vain hope I would be bullied into paying for an extension to my contract and I totally agree with Volty

berniew  
berniew
Date registered 12.28.2009

#373 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:29 pm

Did anyone have one of the original mobile phones that were cased in a box about the size of a car battery and about the same weight the word mobile depended on how strong you were. What about the next incarnation the Motorola brick they were a good phone very hardy the problem was not much reception in those days and they were expensive.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#374 by astoness , Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:11 pm

evening all..[Big Smile] i had a motorola brick phil..

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#375 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:28 pm

Lyn

However did you carry it around, I tell you what I wouldn't have wanted a clout with your handbag.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Open All Hours 2010

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor