Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#3316 by astoness , Wed May 11, 2011 7:08 pm

Posted by denise
Good pics Phil and love the gum ball machine.

Got a really good view of the Heron today on the dog walk.He was sitting on the wall alongside the pool where the memorial garden is.Could only get a few yards into the gate as Belle was yapping he flew off,managed to get a couple of quick snaps and will post them later.Chuffed to be so close though.

hi den...we used to have a heron who always perched himself in the top of a tree 2 doors up...must have moved on as i havent seen him for about 18 months...look forward to your pics...

lyn

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#3317 by astoness , Thu May 12, 2011 6:30 am

morning all[Big Smile] fairly bright start to the day here in brum...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#3318 by Sheldonboy , Thu May 12, 2011 6:56 am

Hi Lyn and everyone
Just on my way to work, I had a lie in this morning went for a jar with Volty at the club. We had a couple of good games of Backgammon, when we can agree on the rules it will be even better. So I'm just going to fuel up. First job this morning is to finish wire binding 60 books.SB

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#3319 by astoness , Thu May 12, 2011 7:09 am

Posted by Sheldonboy
Hi Lyn and everyone
Just on my way to work, I had a lie in this morning went for a jar with Volty at the club. We had a couple of good games of Backgammon, when we can agree on the rules it will be even better. So I'm just going to fuel up. First job this morning is to finish wire binding 60 books.SB

morning SB..thought it was quiet last night...

right ive got me coach ticket...hotel booked...case packed and camera fully charged so im off to chester tomorrow for the weekend..hotel set on the ancient roman walls and overlooking the river dee and the roman dee bridge...feel its time for a break now and ive always wanted to see chester as it steeped in history....really looking forward to it..[Skipping Happy]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#3320 by Sheldonboy , Thu May 12, 2011 7:35 am

Lyn that sounds great, you enjoy yourself, don't worry about us.
It's a place I have never been to don't forget to exercise your camera.
Let's hope you have some decent weather. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#3321 by signman ( deleted ) , Thu May 12, 2011 8:03 am

Chester is a fantastic place Lyn, so much to see and do, go on the 2 hour round river trip to Ironbridge, brilliant, see the town house (a must) and zoo, plus the market and Grosvenor shopping centre, and of course the castle,I love the place.
Have a lovely week-end.

signman

#3322 by astoness , Thu May 12, 2011 8:10 am

[quote="signman"]Chester is a fantastic place Lyn, so much to see and do, go on the 2 hour round river trip to Ironbridge, brilliant, see the town house (a must) and zoo, plus the market and Grosvenor shopping centre, and of course the castle,I love the place.
Have a lovely week-end.[/quot

thanks SB and john...john i tried to get 2 nights at the grosvenor hotel seeing as its a georgian building but i could only get one night..still im happy with the other one..where do i get on this 2 hour trip to ironbridge..ive never been there either..will give the zoo and shopping a miss this time as i want to concentrate on the historical side of chester...mind you with wales only on the doorstep if i get the calling for the hills i shall stay another day...[Big Smile]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#3323 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu May 12, 2011 10:47 am

Lyn

Having visited Chester many times I can recommend it, I have done the shopping bit (well the wife did while I sat in the pub). The history trail which I enjoyed, the zoo which is a fair bit outside the city about the same distance as Dudley Zoo from Brum, another enjoyable experience if somewhat expensive and crowded. Though I have to say I enjoyed the zoo immensely, you should have a good time as there is plenty to see in the town

I hope you enjoy your night at the Grosvenor its a lovely hotel if a tad expensive, mind you most of the decent hotels in Chester are expensive.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#3324 by Deleted User , Thu May 12, 2011 8:43 pm

Yes we had a good time in Chester too.

The baby Elephants were a joy to watch playing on the mud slide.

A good zoo as far as zoos can be good but I wonder if we should get rid of them?

#3325 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu May 12, 2011 9:11 pm

Denise

I don't think we should get rid of our zoo's I think on the whole now that they have begun to understand the animals that they do some good work. At least the animals are safer there than even in some of the game reserves in their own countries.

I'm still not completely happy with the animals being on display for our amusement but the money has to come from somewhere for their upkeep.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#3326 by mikejee , Thu May 12, 2011 11:55 pm

I think I would agree with you Phil, with the proviso that plenty of space be given to the animals to move around (which doesn't always fit in with attracting visitors if the animals move as far away from them as possible !).

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#3327 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri May 13, 2011 11:10 am

The best photo I took at Chester Zoo

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#3328 by Deleted User , Fri May 13, 2011 10:01 pm

Great picture Phil.

It is the season for Ducks to go on walkabout and quite often I find a few round the back of our house,yesterday I saw one that was pure white.

#3329 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri May 13, 2011 10:45 pm

Yes Denise we used to get one or two nesting in our garden occasionally as we have a small lake in the locality. But they don't bother now that I have slabbed it over.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#3330 by Sheldonboy , Sat May 14, 2011 8:20 am

Good morning everyone, nice sunny start to the day. But forecast rain.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor