Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#1591 by astoness , Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:43 pm

Posted by denise
Phil what are you on about LOL

Great valuation day,so many people had to use a ticket system and as a house guide spent all day ushering people from one room to the next.....we made over eighty pounds on the tea room and did over two hundred valuations so it was a great fund raiser for the museum.

thats fantastic den....well done to all...nice to see the sun out today..[Skipping Happy]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#1592 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:45 pm

Posted by denise
Phil what are you on about LOL

Nothing Denise, it was just that we cleared and laid gravel to most of the land around the back of those shops so it could be utilised for car parking. That was quite a few tears ago now, it must have been prior 1984 because we were still based in Greet then.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#1593 by astoness , Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:46 pm

Posted by phil
Well we managed to get to Hatton Country Village today, besides it being a glorious day weather wise I have to say I was not impressed. It's been a few years since I was last there and the only real changes have been in the prices. £9.95 for children and £8.95 for adults and under 2 free. There again I suppose that is about average these days, but when you look at Birmingham Nature Centre which has many more animals and is laid out better its no contest £3.50 adults, £1 for children under 5 free.

Of course I had to have a row with one of the workers. they had a couple of kiddy rides which of course the grandchildren wanted to go on, but they would only operate one ride at a time because there was only one attendant. This over officious woman said if we wanted our child to use the one ride we would have to wait until she was finished in the other one. To which I replied "excuse me young lady but the price you are charging children to see a couple of sheep and a goat you would think you could pay for more than 1 ride attendant". I followed that up with " you would also think your bosses would be able to afford a bit of tar mac or hard core for the paths so everybody doesn't have to wade through mud everywhere".

By this time the wife was dragging me away, before I got into full rant mode. Anyway we left shortly after and stopped at a country pub where I calmed myself down with a glass of wine and a steak.

Phil

so not a good day then phil...[Little LOL] you really must learn to calm down even though you had a valid point its not good for you[Hammer Head Yellow]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#1594 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:53 pm

Lyn

I have to have at least one crack up a day while I'm out or else I don't feel as if I have been anywhere.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#1595 by Sheldonboy , Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:55 pm

Good evening all.
Apart from that Phil, you enjoyed your day then.

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#1596 by astoness , Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:59 pm

[Laugh Out Loud] phil...

oh oh SB is about....

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#1597 by winkle , Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:20 pm

Posted by astoness
[quote="phil"]Well we managed to get to Hatton Country Village today, besides it being a glorious day weather wise I have to say I was not impressed. It's been a few years since I was last there and the only real changes have been in the prices. £9.95 for children and £8.95 for adults and under 2 free. There again I suppose that is about average these days, but when you look at Birmingham Nature Centre which has many more animals and is laid out better its no contest £3.50 adults, £1 for children under 5 free.

Of course I had to have a row with one of the workers. they had a couple of kiddy rides which of course the grandchildren wanted to go on, but they would only operate one ride at a time because there was only one attendant. This over officious woman said if we wanted our child to use the one ride we would have to wait until she was finished in the other one. To which I replied "excuse me young lady but the price you are charging children to see a couple of sheep and a goat you would think you could pay for more than 1 ride attendant". I followed that up with " you would also think your bosses would be able to afford a bit of tar mac or hard core for the paths so everybody doesn't have to wade through mud everywhere".

By this time the wife was dragging me away, before I got into full rant mode. Anyway we left shortly after and stopped at a country pub where I calmed myself down with a glass of wine and a steak.

Phil

Kmow how you feel mate. Fort Shopping Centre last week, enter Mothercare (Ha! there's an oxymoron to die for) with little Billybob in pushchair plus granny, to buy some stuff for the little man. Queue to pay out the door. Two tills operating, one stuck with girl and a stacker truck and full pallet of stuff to take back, other woman trying to explain to non English speaking Brummie where to find the toilet . Meanwhile quick check and two hundred other uniformed staff are restocking shelves or chatting at the other Enquiries desk (which is totally devoid of customer activity). Politely ask managerially badged snotty kid if we can get someone else on the vacant paydesks from the shop floor perhaps to speed things up a bit. Billy is heaving to get our of pushchair and create mayhem. Snotty kid gives me facile excuse. Granddad goes from quite cross to extremely miffed. Points out to snotty kid an old adage about breweries and p**** ups. Billy now desperate to escape and granny seeing this and that granddad is getting to 'decking snotty kid anytime soon' phase drops purchases, and we exit left and repair to Boots for tablets and a calming coffee before we are all arrested. No purchases made....Brilliant organisation.

winkle  
winkle
Date registered 02.22.2011

#1598 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:23 pm

Yes I had a fantastic day, enjoyed myself seeing the grandkids enjoying their selves, had a row with a jobsworth, and finished with a reasonable meal and a passable glass of wine. What more can you ask?

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#1599 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:35 pm

Winkle

I know exactly what you mean, there are certain supermarkets that I won't enter. No that not quite true, its more I am not allowed to enter ("you can wait in the car dear"). If I see a supermarket with queues at the checkout and half a dozen checkouts closed I will always enquire at customer services why this is so. Believe me they do not want to tell me that they haven't got enough staff. I was told this by one young manager one day who didn't like it when I enquired if he could work a till. They think it's beneath them to do something so menial. If I was the boss of Sainsbury's and I saw customers waiting I'd soon jump on a till.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#1600 by Sheldonboy , Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:58 pm

Not like me to moan at all, oh dearie me no, but my favourite moan in a Supermarket is when the staff try to usher me through the automatic checkout. I will not use them under any circumstances because they are there specifically to put people out of work. As if these mega rich businesses don't make enough money, now they want to put more people on the dole. Call me old fashioned but these extremely money mad moguls should get a social conscience. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Last edited 02.24.2011 | Top

#1601 by Voltman , Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:01 pm

So next SB, you'll be telling us you don't plan to stack the stuff onto the shelves before you start shopping.

CATS leave paw prints on your HEART.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#1602 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:05 pm

SB

I agree with you. I won't use them either. Get us all using them and they can cut their staff down by half and it won't make any difference to the prices. The trouble is we all know that is the way things are going to go.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#1603 by Sheldonboy , Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:29 pm

Posted by Voltman
So next SB, you'll be telling us you don't plan to stack the stuff onto the shelves before you start shopping.

VM what are you on about?

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#1604 by Voltman , Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:30 pm

Getting a part time unpaid job in a supermarket, you just can't get the voluntary staff these days.

CATS leave paw prints on your HEART.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#1605 by Sheldonboy , Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:31 pm

Posted by phil
SB

I agree with you. I won't use them either. Get us all using them and they can cut their staff down by half and it won't make any difference to the prices. The trouble is we all know that is the way things are going to go.

Phil

Tesco's have a store in London that they are trialing, all checkouts are automatic, staff level is very low.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor