Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#1576 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:33 pm

The best chippy around Acocks Green years back used to be near the corner of Lincoln Rd. I used to pop in there regular when courting my wife and I got to know the owner pretty well though I can't remember his name now. He must be an old man now, thats if he is still with us.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#1577 by berniew , Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:38 pm

The one opposite the Poacher , yes it was a really good chippy and not bad in recent times but the latest owners have started selling pizzas and the place has gone downhill .
Bernie

berniew  
berniew
Date registered 12.28.2009

#1578 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:50 pm

Bernie

No that one, but I did use that one we knew the crane driver who's yard was around the back. I was talking about the one on Warwick Rd, I think its a Chinese take away now or it was by there.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#1579 by berniew , Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:37 pm

Can't remember that one Phil but a Chinese has been there for years.
Bernie

berniew  
berniew
Date registered 12.28.2009

#1580 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:44 pm

Bernie

I'm talking a long time before the Chinese about 1968.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#1581 by Deleted User , Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:00 am

Morning...........ha ha I am first today LOL

#1582 by Sheldonboy , Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:30 am

Good morning all

That's a bit of a cheat Den.

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#1583 by Sheldonboy , Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:33 am

Posted by phil
Is Jefferies the ironmongers? I'm sure the last time I was up there it was café nearby, are we talking about a café or is it a chippy?

Phil

There was a cafe there but it closed last year, it was rubbish anyway. The best cafe is up the Warwick Road (GOSSIPS) opposite Aldi.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#1584 by winkle , Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:18 am

Morning campers. Just off to Noble Turk. Only a half day today. But without a shred of doubt the best cafe up Warwick Road was the Red Lion. Before they rearranged it to a Big Shed that did groceries n'stuff. Just my opinion of course...they MAY have done chips and bacon and that, I never asked, but the beer was very nice.

winkle  
winkle
Date registered 02.22.2011

#1585 by Deleted User , Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:45 am

Morning..have used jefferies a lot being just up the rd from me mums.......did you know you can park round the back of the shop if you want to shop there.Quite handy as parking a nightmare in AG.

#1586 by astoness , Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:40 am

Posted by winkle
Morning campers. Just off to Noble Turk. Only a half day today. But without a shred of doubt the best cafe up Warwick Road was the Red Lion. Before they rearranged it to a Big Shed that did groceries n'stuff. Just my opinion of course...they MAY have done chips and bacon and that, I never asked, but the beer was very nice.

morning all..well done den for beating SB..[Little LOL] how did the valuation day go...

dennis..i see you and SB have something in common..CAFES..[Little LOL]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#1587 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:23 pm

Denise

Do you know why you can park around the back of Jefferies, a certain member of this forum arranged it so it was possible knowing that you don't like having to walk far. We cleared a few areas at the back there and made it in to car parking.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#1588 by Sheldonboy , Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:29 pm

Thanks Phil I did wonder.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#1589 by Deleted User , Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:23 pm

Phil what are you on about LOL

Great valuation day,so many people had to use a ticket system and as a house guide spent all day ushering people from one room to the next.....we made over eighty pounds on the tea room and did over two hundred valuations so it was a great fund raiser for the museum.

#1590 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:41 pm

Well we managed to get to Hatton Country Village today, besides it being a glorious day weather wise I have to say I was not impressed. It's been a few years since I was last there and the only real changes have been in the prices. £9.95 for children and £8.95 for adults and under 2 free. There again I suppose that is about average these days, but when you look at Birmingham Nature Centre which has many more animals and is laid out better its no contest £3.50 adults, £1 for children under 5 free.

Of course I had to have a row with one of the workers. they had a couple of kiddy rides which of course the grandchildren wanted to go on, but they would only operate one ride at a time because there was only one attendant. This over officious woman said if we wanted our child to use the one ride we would have to wait until she was finished in the other one. To which I replied "excuse me young lady but the price you are charging children to see a couple of sheep and a goat you would think you could pay for more than 1 ride attendant". I followed that up with " you would also think your bosses would be able to afford a bit of tar mac or hard core for the paths so everybody doesn't have to wade through mud everywhere".

By this time the wife was dragging me away, before I got into full rant mode. Anyway we left shortly after and stopped at a country pub where I calmed myself down with a glass of wine and a steak.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Open All Hours 2010

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor