Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#841 by Deleted User , Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:59 am

Morning.........have come down with a rotton cold.Thought I may have gotten away with it this winter as got to Feb without one.Feeling YUK.

#842 by Voltman , Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:17 am

Posted by phil
When you look at the forecast you will get the temperature at this moment, say for instance -2 . Then you will get the added information feels like -6. How do they reach this conclusion, does anybody know is there a scale or they just guessing?

Phil

Isn't that the " wind chill factor " ? Blowing air across something or someone will remove some of it's heat, leaving the thing or person feeling cooler than the air around them. There must be a scale of temperature drop against wind speed.

You and I should use an endless stream of vowels and consonants to form the words we will use to effectively assemble a forceful tirade of well constructed sentences which will aid and assist us in our tireless struggle to virtually eliminate verbosity

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 02.02.2012 | Top

#843 by signman ( deleted ) , Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:21 am

signman

#844 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:09 am

Morning all suns out but is still very cold at the moment, still -1, but the forecast promises -5 by tonight. wrap up if you are going out.

Phil

phil

#845 by Deleted User , Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:30 am

Had a good walk with the dogs.....lovely winter sun but so cold..

#846 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:17 pm

Denise

I just got back from doing the same, and boy am I glad to be back. I don't know if today is colder than any other day this tear, but it certainly feels that way.

Phil

phil

#847 by Frothy , Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:17 pm

Posted by signman
I bet you they don't save it

http://www.birminghampost.net/multimedia...65233-30248240/

I can't believe all that verbal diarrhea coming out of Martin Mullaney mouth. he's the one who got the Birmingham transport museum kicked out of the old Tram shed at Witton and that place will be probably demolished. Double eyed Bas--- person.

http://frothblowers.co.uk/

Frothy
Date registered 07.15.2010

#848 by astoness , Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:04 pm

totally agree with you froth..i always thought that the gossip about the transport museum being turned into a banqueting hall was a red herring...lining ones pockets spring to mind on that and as for island house...i bet that will go as well...i dont trust them at all to rid the city of any building if it gets in the way of their plans..

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#849 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:28 pm

They can campaign and demonstrate as much as they like. Birmingham City Council or their representative will make all the right noises and hand out all the right guff and platitudes. In the end if it spoiling developments plans that are to the Councils liking or benefit then it will go.

Phil

phil

#850 by astoness , Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:35 pm

exactly right phil..

good evening all..

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#851 by Templer , Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:11 pm

Posted by phil
They can campaign and demonstrate as much as they like. Birmingham City Council or their representative will make all the right noises and hand out all the right guff and platitudes. In the end if it spoiling developments plans that are to the Councils liking or benefit then it will go.

Phil

How right you are Phil, heard on the radio yesterday another excuse being put forward as a reason for pulling it down.
Would you believe! ..It would spoil the view out of the new hotel, I give up.

http://frothblowers.co.uk/

Templer  
Templer
Date registered 07.17.2010

#852 by astoness , Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:48 pm

well i would rather look out and see island house from me window than the alternative bri...so much for the council having vision...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#853 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:39 pm

Templer

I have to say in all honesty I couldn't care less what can be seen from a hotel bedroom window. To paraphrase Basil Fawtly, what do the expect to see from a Birmingham Hotel bedroom window the Rialto Bridge spanning The Grand Canal?

Phil

phil

#854 by astoness , Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:01 pm

Posted by phil
Templer

I have to say in all honesty I couldn't care less what can be seen from a hotel bedroom window. To paraphrase Basil Fawtly, what do the expect to see from a Birmingham Hotel bedroom window the Rialto Bridge spanning The Grand Canal?

Phil

[Little LOL]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#855 by astoness , Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:43 am

morning all.....very frosty out there this morning....

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor