Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#6466 by Voltman , Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:12 pm

Good morning tca, welcome to our little group.

I saw a dinner show in Dubai last week which was a great laugh and is well worth seeing when they play by you.
You may already know about it as the company is from Brisbane and travels about a bit.
Their website is Interactive Theatre

Sybil was played, very well, by Amanda McKay who was originally from round our way but now lives in Melbourne. She heard my accent and came for a chat after the show. Amanda McKay

http://www.npl.co.uk/
http://www.gutenberg.org/
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 11.29.2012 | Top

#6467 by Deleted User , Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:22 pm

Night night all x

#6468 by Sheldonboy , Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:07 am

Quote: tca wrote in post #20744
this bummies warm was 41C today 10,23pm and is cooling down around 26c gonna be a hot night for the wrong reasons

Do you want a lodger, I don't mind commuting.

Good morning everyone

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
and I'm not sure about the former.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#6469 by astoness , Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:19 am

Quote: tca wrote in post #20742
hi first time here, count myself as a brummie, born in loveday st off steelhouse lane, lived early years in gem street up from the old fire station. I have lived and worked in the asia/pacific area for last 30 years. had good reunion a few nights ago with another brummie blaze bailey former lead singer of iron maiden who did a show here in melbourne, very well recieved by the aussies, have been watching the site for a while very interesting

hi tca and welcome to our little forum...born in loveday st ?? of course you are brummie...were you born in loveday st hospital??

lyn

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#6470 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:52 am

Quote: astoness wrote in post #20747
evening all...glad you are back to normal phil....ive been out and about most of the day..over to nechells to visit our dad..back home for a cuppa then off to perry barr and its dam cold out there....heating is now on..

Good Morning all,

It's nice to know that someone thinks I am normal, it's not what is usually said about me.

Happy Friday everyone! Forget all the bad things you've encountered this week and have a great weekend.

phil

#6471 by astwood , Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:15 am

Morning All

astwood  
astwood
Date registered 02.28.2012

#6472 by Deleted User , Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:49 am

Morning all,waiting for my new i phone to come this morning after dropping my old mobile......looking forward to playing with my new toy.

Jill my collie is recovering from a nasty bout........

#6473 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:23 pm

Hi Denise

Did I miss it or did you say what it was Jill was suffering with?

phil

#6474 by astoness , Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:22 am

good morning all...thought it had been snowing but its just the frost...very nippy out and dodgy underfoot at the min...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#6475 by astwood , Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:03 am

Morning All
Really frosty up here as well

astwood  
astwood
Date registered 02.28.2012

#6476 by tca , Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:58 am

lyn by my birth cert it was 28 loveday st which i think was the maternity hospital way back in the dark ages 1947, but gem street was just around the corner, had the gayeity cinema in it, there was a swimming poll a couple of streets away, woodcock st sticks in my head for some reason

tca
Date registered 11.27.2012

#6477 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:00 pm

Good morning all,

Nice day for shopping.

tca, I was born in Loveday St in 1947 as well and lived not far from you just down the road in Nechells, but not until about 1953. Yes the Gaiety was on Coleshill St quite a bit has been written about it on the "All things Birmingham" thread, Woodcock Street swimming baths also get a mention I think as does Gem Street School and Bishop Ryder church and there are photos as well. Just use the search engine at the top right of the page.

You can't be optimistic about life through pessimistic eyes.

phil

#6478 by astoness , Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:28 pm

well well so we have 2 loveday st babies on the forum...tca and phil when are your birthdays...cant see them on the caendar...???

love yer christmas avatar phil...mine is meant to flash but it wont..[Little LOL]

lyn

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

Last edited 12.01.2012 | Top

#6479 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:05 pm

Hi Lyn

You won't see my birthdate on any of the forums we are on, it's something that I don't believe in spreading about anyway I don't celebrate it anymore. I'm too old for that sort of thing and the only people that I allow to buy me presents are my grandchildren.

I think the reason why my avatar works is because it hasn't been edited and made smaller but comes as it was on the site that I took it from. If you can find one the right size then it should work on here. Volty is the one to talk to about the one you have now, perhaps he can do something with it.

phil

#6480 by astoness , Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:09 pm

Quote: phil wrote in post #20761
Hi Lyn

You won't see my birthdate on any of the forums we are on, it's something that I don't believe in spreading about anyway I don't celebrate it anymore. I'm too old for that sort of thing and the only people that I allow to buy me presents are my grandchildren.

I think the reason why my avatar works is because it hasn't been edited and made smaller but comes as it was on the site that I took it from. If you can find one the right size then it should work on here. Volty is the one to talk to about the one you have now, perhaps he can do something with it.

ok phil thanks i will ask volty...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor