Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#6451 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:08 pm

I don't know what is the matter with you people, just where do you catch all these colds. I think all you people that work inside are more susceptible to colds than us outside workers. The places you work are so warm they are just breeding places for germs. I remember working once in the tax offices in Birmingham it was in summer and the heating was on full blast, I couldn't believe it and asked for it to be switched off. I was told that it took 3 days to switch it off and they couldn't do that because in three days it might be cold.

phil

#6452 by Sheldonboy , Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:09 pm

Quote: Voltman wrote in post #20732
Quote: astoness wrote in post #20728
afternoon all....bought some little xmas lights to hang on the glass windows on the front door..now all i have to to is figure out how to do it..

Just get some little suction hooks, usually sold as bathroom accessories.

Then stick these on your forehead get som batterry lights and hang your lights on them. You can then have christmas lights wherever you go.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
and I'm not sure about the former.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#6453 by astoness , Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:50 pm

Quote: Voltman wrote in post #20732
Quote: astoness wrote in post #20728
afternoon all....bought some little xmas lights to hang on the glass windows on the front door..now all i have to to is figure out how to do it..

Just get some little suction hooks, usually sold as bathroom accessories.

they are run on batteries volty so have a little plastic battery case..worked it out now but thanks anyway...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#6454 by astoness , Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:53 pm

Quote: phil wrote in post #20733
I don't know what is the matter with you people, just where do you catch all these colds. I think all you people that work inside are more susceptible to colds than us outside workers. The places you work are so warm they are just breeding places for germs. I remember working once in the tax offices in Birmingham it was in summer and the heating was on full blast, I couldn't believe it and asked for it to be switched off. I was told that it took 3 days to switch it off and they couldn't do that because in three days it might be cold.

phil even in the winter i have a window slightly open and it has to be very cold before i put the heating on in the bedroom and then its only on low and never on over night..

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

Last edited 11.27.2012 | Top

#6455 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:11 am

Morning all,

I've got computer problems again and am working on my back up machine again, its taking quite a while to update everything after not being used for the last two years or more. So you will have to forgive me if I'm not around much today.

phil

#6456 by astwood , Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:16 am

Morning All
suns out but its really chilly

astwood  
astwood
Date registered 02.28.2012

#6457 by Sheldonboy , Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:07 pm

good evening all. it's a bit quiet on here tonight, even the good lady Astoness is having a sleep. If I type hard enough I may wake her up.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#6458 by Sheldonboy , Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:11 am

Good morning everyone.
I'm not saying its cold but a couple of penguins have just tried to mug me for my wooly hat.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Last edited 11.29.2012 | Top

#6459 by mikejee , Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:50 am

I sympathise Lyn. My mother wanted to see the German Market , but the weather was so cold that we were only able to whisk round quickly and then had to make time in warmer places till the train for the return was due.

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#6460 by tca , Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:19 am

hi first time here, count myself as a brummie, born in loveday st off steelhouse lane, lived early years in gem street up from the old fire station. I have lived and worked in the asia/pacific area for last 30 years. had good reunion a few nights ago with another brummie blaze bailey former lead singer of iron maiden who did a show here in melbourne, very well recieved by the aussies, have been watching the site for a while very interesting

tca
Date registered 11.27.2012

#6461 by astwood , Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:19 am

Morning All
Still nippy round here

astwood  
astwood
Date registered 02.28.2012

#6462 by tca , Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:24 am

this bummies warm was 41C today 10,23pm and is cooling down around 26c gonna be a hot night for the wrong reasons

tca
Date registered 11.27.2012

#6463 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:47 am

Hi tca

Welcome to you, so what time is it where you are now, is it night or day? Gem street has had a few mentions on the forum of late. Perhaps you can answer me a question that I have never been quite sure of. I have always classed the area around Gem Street as Gosta Green, is that right?

phil

#6464 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:52 am

Morning all

I've got my original PC back on line thanks to my son who fitted a new on/off switch yesterday. I tried to use my back up machine but as it hadn't been used for over two years all it wanted to do was update itself and it spent most of the day doing just that. Which made trying to do anything else terribly slow consequently I only looked in a couple of times yesterday. Still we are back to normal now.

phil

#6465 by astoness , Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:02 pm

evening all...glad you are back to normal phil....ive been out and about most of the day..over to nechells to visit our dad..back home for a cuppa then off to perry barr and its dam cold out there....heating is now on..

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

Last edited 11.29.2012 | Top

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor