Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#601 by Sheldonboy , Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:07 pm

Posted by phil
Morning Lyn

I suppose he has gone in this morning with a tale of woe and how ill he has been. I would have liked to have been there to have heard the tale. I haven't had a good laugh for ages.

Phil

Don't worry your symathethic little head over me mate, I am being a brave soldier.

Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have spent most of life trying to save.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#602 by erdogladys , Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:14 pm

Don't worry too much Lyn. Me and John will be carrying him all day , as usual

Life may not be the party we hoped for,but while were here, we might as well dance.

erdogladys  
erdogladys

Founder Member
Date registered 12.27.2009

#603 by astoness , Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:18 pm

hello glad..whats it like to have SB back in the fold...just make sure he takes it easy..short bursts of work with regular intervals would be best..[Laugh Out Loud]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#604 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:23 pm

Posted by Sheldonboy

Don't worry your symathethic little head over me mate, I am being a brave soldier.

SB

During my years as an employer, I heard every excuse under the sun. I should have wrote a book because some of them were so ingenious and some were totally ridiculous. In the end the only time I ever bothered about lads slinging the lead was when it left us short of a man, but when we were short of work they were doing us a favour.

Phil

phil

#605 by mollymandysb , Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:06 pm

Phil when i worked in recruitment the excuses were unbelievable. most monday morningswe would ring round the companies to see if every one was in, those that were not and had not called we would try and get hold of them. it was surprising how many had taken seriously ill in the night and been rushed into hospital with blood flowing everywhere, though they were at home by mid day.

one lad apologies saying his grand dad had died over the week end and he was going to the funeral (very quick 3 days to organise a funeral, but there), so i knew the family and rang to talk to his gran, and she said, well the grand dad was ok a few minutes ago because i have just taken him a cup of tea in bed.

we lost one contract because a temp felt hungry and opened the fridge in the canteen and ate a packet of sandwiches (they were the managers), i offered to take him out for a meal etc. but no good we had lost the contract. the twilight shift and night shift were the worse because you never knew what you were going to face in the morning when you got into work - one factory the temps from all agencies had a food fight.

i could go on and on.

steph

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb
Date registered 08.11.2011

#606 by signman ( deleted ) , Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:39 pm

Gorgeous day here up until now, it is now peee ing now with rain, gone to bed,bored.

signman

#607 by Sheldonboy , Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:43 pm

It's a good job I wasn't making excuses then wasn't it.

Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have spent most of life trying to save.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#608 by signman ( deleted ) , Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:05 pm

Graham it's past your bed time,sleep tight matey.

signman

#609 by Sheldonboy , Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:18 am

Good morning everyone

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#610 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:28 am

Morning everyone.

signman

#611 by Sheldonboy , Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:34 am

Thanks for sharing your rain John it's bucketing down here.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#612 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:40 am

It's dry here now Graham,how did your first day back go.

signman

#613 by Sheldonboy , Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:44 am

Not bad thanks John, once I got going, got a bit more life in me today though thanks.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#614 by astoness , Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:15 am

morning john and SB....nasty start to the morning here in brum...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#615 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:26 am

I was talking to some workmen yesterday who were doing some exploratory drilling on the site of a new project,if it ever gets built I'll eat my hat.
I'm going to put all the details in a new picture gallery album.
Let me know what you think.

signman

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor