Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#3496 by astoness , Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:39 am

morning john...this all sounds very nasty...if it wasnt for going to visit dad i wouldnt be going far today but i told him i would be there on friday and hes still got a very good memory..are you indoors today...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#3497 by signman ( deleted ) , Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:57 am

I only have one job left,and there's no hurry for it,so I'm having an idle day,I might go mad and turn the washing machine on or wait until the forecasted sun later on,and then meander down to the Waggon.

signman

#3498 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:01 am

Morning all

Not a very nice one is it? I'm off to the RSPCA in Coventry later, possibly to pick up a guinea pig. Thats if it can get along with the ones my granddaughterer has got at the moment.

phil
Last edited Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:34 pm | Top

#3499 by mikejee , Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:30 am

Phil
You can always feed it to te dog if it doesn't get on with them

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#3500 by Voltman , Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:21 am

Good Morning peops.

I am currently looking after my Nieces rabbit and showing the scars to prove it.
Can someone please enlighten me as to the purpose of pet rodents?

Cats have deep thinking intelligence and distinct personalities mixed in with instinctive traits, even dogs have a minor intelligence that can be modelled into a personality, but pet rodents seem to be a blank slate and remain that way no matter what you do with them. Any personality in a pet rodent is imagined by the owner, who has to do all the work for no return.

Ignore a rabbit and it doesn't notice, pay it some attention and it doesn't care, get in it's way and it will just plough through you.
Try ignoring a cat for a day and see what you get.
They (rabbits) stare at you with their cold eyes and think about nothing, they don't listen to you and they don't respond or answer back.
The only thing I can see that puts them higher in the food chain than vegetables is their fanatical desire to be clean, of course if you are going to crap everywhere then lie in it you really do need a strong instinct for washing.

I hate unfinished sente
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

Last edited 06.08.2012 | Top

#3501 by astwood , Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:30 am

Morning All
Is there no end end to all the rain and now we have gale force
winds as well even the dogs had enough of it

astwood  
astwood
Date registered 02.28.2012

#3502 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:35 pm

Posted by mikejee
Phil
You can always feed it to te dog if it doesn't get on with them

Mike

I only have to mention Rabbit stew and they throw shoes at me. By the way after trying the RSCPA we tried a pet shop, but the vicious little thing attacked everything. So it has sentenced itself to a life of solitary confinement,

phil
Last edited Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:38 pm | Top

#3503 by astoness , Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:57 pm

Evening all..well I've got soaked 3 times today[Frowning]...think I will be hibernating this weekend..

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#3504 by signman ( deleted ) , Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:23 pm

Wildest day yet,old folks and kids flying everywhere, 60 mph winds still,and the young lad who came off his motor bike this morning has died,he was 18.

signman

#3505 by Sheldonboy , Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:25 pm

Posted by Voltman
Good Morning peops.

I am currently looking after my Nieces rabbit and showing the scars to prove it.
Can someone please enlighten me as to the purpose of pet rodents?

Cats have deep thinking intelligence and distinct personalities mixed in with instinctive traits, even dogs have a minor intelligence that can be modelled into a personality, but pet rodents seem to be a blank slate and remain that way no matter what you do with them. Any personality in a pet rodent is imagined by the owner, who has to do all the work for no return.

Ignore a rabbit and it doesn't notice, pay it some attention and it doesn't care, get in it's way and it will just plough through you.
Try ignoring a cat for a day and see what you get.
They (rabbits) stare at you with their cold eyes and think about nothing, they don't listen to you and they don't respond or answer back.
The only thing I can see that puts them higher in the food chain than vegetables is their fanatical desire to be clean, of course if you are going to crap everywhere then lie in it you really do need a strong instinct for washing.

Volty Rabbits are NOT rodents, they are Lagomorphs.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

Last edited 06.09.2012 | Top

#3506 by Voltman , Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:39 pm

Thank you Darwin, the word is Lagomorph and is a recent reclassification of rabbits and hares in order not to give squirrels a bad reputation. My analysis of pet small mammals with no discernable character still stands.
One thing I do like about rabbits is the fact that they are particularly waterproof, stupid enough to sit out in the pouring rain, yes, but sufficiently waterproof for it not to affect them adversely.
If pushed to like two things about them then the second would be their one way only food inlet.

I hate unfinished sente

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#3507 by Sheldonboy , Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:21 am

[Laugh Out Loud]

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#3508 by astoness , Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:33 am

[Laugh Out Loud] volty...me thinks you missed your vocation..should have been on the stage..[Laugh Out Loud]

morning all...looks a bit brighter today

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#3509 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:33 am

good morning each,

well the suns out, but its very windy here.

phil

#3510 by astoness , Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:43 am

morning phil...the sun is trying to appear but its very cloudy...still windy but at least it dry so far...i only have to go up to the local shops so wont be straying too far today....

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor