Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Open All Hours

#1291 by Sheldonboy , Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:11 am

Fantastic, it looks nice sunny day for it too. I bet it was a really nice sight. That's just how beer should be delivered John.

Brummies Talking....... Get the Buzz
Visitors copy this link.. http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#1292 by Voltman , Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:32 am

Brilliant pictures Signman, I have been waiting for these, I thought this was supposed to happen a week or more ago?
I expect you were the only one with a proper camera then (D40) seeing as the phone is now the poxy camera of choice for many people.
VM

Anyone informed that the universe is expanding and contracting in pulsations of eighty billion years has a right to ask, “What’s in it for me?”
Peter De Vries (b. 1910)
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 08.25.2010 | Top

#1293 by Sheldonboy , Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:51 am

Hi Voltage
I agree the phone camera is poor quality, but is carried by an enormous amount of people who wouldn't normally carry a camera. As more of these people learn to edit etc, maybe even just a small amount of the will move to bigger and better quality cameras. Also they may jus get pictures that would have been missed otherwise. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#1294 by signman ( deleted ) , Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:53 am

Yes, afraid you are right VM.
I was trying not to follow the official photographer around,every time I took a photo I'd turn round and there would be some goon breathing
down my neck with his or hers phone stuck up in the air over my shoulder.

signman

#1295 by Voltman , Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:09 am

SB, in my experience, the people who are most serious about their phone camera also think the pictures it takes through its greasy, scratched lens are as good as one can get. It seems unlikely they will ever carry a proper camera, they just quote their phone's megapixels at you and think that is all there is to it. Really it is a bit sad that many of the people Signman is referring to are on holiday, surely they could carry a camera whilst on holiday?
The casual phone photographer will, of course, have no use for a camera but will still get loads of impromtu shots that, as you say, may have been missed otherwise and can prove very useful later.

VM

Anyone informed that the universe is expanding and contracting in pulsations of eighty billion years has a right to ask, “What’s in it for me?”
Peter De Vries (b. 1910)
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#1296 by signman ( deleted ) , Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:23 am

At the moment this is the nearest thing to a real camera, Sony Ericson C905, but all the reviews whilst stating that fact, say it is useless as a phone ,poor keyboard, frequent speaker failure etc, what you gain on the swings ,you lose on the .....

Attached pictures:
You do not have the necessary rights to view attached pictures
signman

#1297 by astoness , Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:49 am

morning all...great pics there john and i am so pleased that the weather held out....[Skipping Happy] still trying to get the grass cut but at this rate i will need to get a goat in...many year ago i used to have one..name of charlie and he was great for keeping the grass down..[Laugh Out Loud] have a nice day all....cost me money once when he escaped and caused havoc up the road....

lyn

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#1298 by Deleted User , Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:20 pm

Good pics looks like you had a good day.

I carry my phone with me and take loads of pics that otherwise would never have been taken.Ok the quality is not always brilliant but I have had a few good ones and they are good enough for what I want.

Hopefully I WILL get a phone for christmas[Big Smile]

#1299 by astoness , Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:57 pm

hi denise...wish i knew how to use a camera phone..lol...i only take my big camera out if i know i am going to take pics otherwise i just pop a small camera in my bag just in case..again the quality is not brillient but it does the job...

lyn[Big Smile]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#1300 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:43 pm

Lyn

I'm the same I wouldn't know how to use a phone camera, our son just bought his mother and me new mobiles because he was sick of us going out without our mobiles. They were that old and bulky I didn't like having mine in my pocket and the wife didn't like hers in her handbag. I don't mind it on the hands free in the car but he keeps telling me off for leaving it in view.

Anyway to cut it short, we now both have phone that we can't use half of the extras they have built in.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#1301 by astoness , Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:00 pm

[Laugh Out Loud] phil..i just like the basic phone..so long as i can receive and send calls and txt im quite happy with that...you should know by now phil ive never been technical...

lyn...

evening all..this weather is now boring...[Lyn]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#1302 by Sheldonboy , Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:08 pm

[Skipping Happy]I am exactly the same, as long as I can send and receive text messages and send and receive emails, get me on this forum, take photos' tell me the time and what the weather forecast is I am quite happy. Oh yes and make phone calls. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Last edited 08.25.2010 | Top

#1303 by astoness , Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:15 pm

[Laugh Out Loud] SB very funny...oh i see you have changed your avatar...what is it...it looks like another rear shot...[Big Laugh]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#1304 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:33 pm

I remember the first time I received a text from my granddaughter. When I replied in kind, she replied by text immediately with this response. "OMG u can text, I was expecting a phone call".

I told her later just because the elderly has trouble with modern technology it doesn't mean we are thick.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#1305 by Sheldonboy , Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:35 pm

Posted by astoness
[Laugh Out Loud] SB very funny...oh i see you have changed your avatar...what is it...it looks like another rear shot...[Big Laugh]

You noticed my avatar thank you Lyn, It's an angel much like myself.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor