The spirit is still there if I know you Volty

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

RE: Open All Hours

#4937 by Sheldonboy , Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:18 am

I couldn't post this before now I was just dumbstruck, what planet are we living on.
Elton John and his bedfellow buying a son, this cannot be right even in this modern world.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#4938 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:34 am

Well if Madonna can do it, why not Elton John? By the way I disagree with both cases.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#4939 by mikejee , Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:45 am

There is something on the web now about how it may be Elton's biological son, so some would consider it more acceptable. For myself the whole thing about gay marriages etc seems a bit nonsensical, though not as nonsensical as a heterosexual couple wanting a civil partnership mainly because they feel discriminated against if they can't have one.
My personal feelings are let everyone do what they want as long as it doesn't hurt others, BUT - DON'T LET THE PEOPLE CONCERNED GO ON AND ON ABOUT IT. Mind you. to me that would include most of the contents of Hello and similar concoctions.

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#4940 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:03 pm

Mike

I agree with what you are saying, why does everything now have to be so "in your face" why can't these things be done quietly. Surely these people have enough money to make sure these things don't get into the press. Which makes me think that it's the main reason of the whole exercise just to ensure that it does make headlines.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#4941 by Deleted User , Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:06 pm

I suppose they like many people wanted a family but were considered too old for adoption.

Adoption would have been so much better as it would provide a child with a good home that already exists without the need to create new life.

There are many gay couples who can provide good homes.....I don't suppose they make better or worse parents than the rest of us when it comes down to it.

#4942 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:20 pm

Denise

I knew Gays of both sexes that would have made great parents, but there are others that I would not have trusted with my cat. There again I can say the same about heterosexuals as well.

I suppose what I am saying is, being a good parent has nothing to do with your sexual orientation but more to do with the type of human being you are. I'm afraid most show business types are pretty low down on my list as they seem to love themselves too much to have any affection left over for their children.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#4943 by berniew , Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:06 pm

It wouldn't suprise me if Elton had cloned himself

berniew  
berniew
Date registered 12.28.2009

#4944 by signman ( deleted ) , Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:23 pm

What about the poor child, growing up without a mother and having to explain all that, it should not be allowed under any circumstances, I 've got no time for these **** can't think of a name for them, disgusting.

signman

#4945 by Sheldonboy , Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:31 pm

I must say I think the whole idea is totally wrong. even if was an acceptable thing to do, which I don't think it is, these codgers are to old. the lad will be on his own at a very young age. even if he will be rich.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#4946 by signman ( deleted ) , Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:46 pm

No doubt he will be privately educated, but what happens when he starts asking questions and wants to know who his mother is.
No woman in her right mind would have done what she has only for money, they have undoubtedly put a clause in the CONTRACT to prevent access, but she will always know her son, but he will never know his mother unless (and I doubt it) they tell him, or, she breaks the agreement and tries to contact him, and therefore risking a huge claim or court case.
There are endless implications in this case and any other similar cases.
I pity the poor child,regardless of his forthcoming wealth, unless he decides to walk away, or top himself which is on the cards, people can't handle or live under these circumstances and lead a normal life, forever in the media eye.
Rant over.

signman

#4947 by Sheldonboy , Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:53 pm

I totally agree John mess your own life up if that's what you want not other peoples.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#4948 by astoness , Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:34 pm

good evening all...trust you had a good day....[Big Smile]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#4949 by Sheldonboy , Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:08 pm

Hi Lyn Hope your carpet fitting went ok.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#4950 by astoness , Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:35 pm

yes thanks SB..all went well...just wondering what you are all doing for new years eve...

lyn

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor