Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Open All Hours

#31 by astoness , Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:14 pm

evening denise...not a good meal then....i have not tried weatherspoons as yet but if i do i shall make sure they have got peas in before i order lol...well i had a bit of a disapointment too today...the library over a castle vale are asking for volunteers to go through unseen archive material such as pics and old newspaper articles so me all excited takes myself over there only to find out that the guy who is organising this had to cancel today due to unforseen circumstances...anyone turning up had to leave contact details like he can get back to us with another date......any road up i am still hopeful....

lyn

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#32 by Sheldonboy , Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:17 pm

Good evensong Ladies
We used to enjoy Weatherspoons meals, we used to like the Briar Rose in Bennetts Hill but mealwise it went down the pan a long time ago.
The portions got smaller and was obviously Microwaved food. I really have had better meals in boxes from Iceland. SB

Please spread the word about Brummies Talking
Visitors copy this link.. http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#33 by Sheldonboy , Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:28 pm

Best wishes to Erdogladys, having an operation on her wrist on Friday morning.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#34 by signman ( deleted ) , Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:09 am

Morning playmates,
Another scorcher planned for today the place was heaving yesterday, but everyone was outside all the shops, bars and restaurants without outside seating were empty.
Going for my usual morning constitutional before it gets too hot, can't be doing with excercise in that heat.
Goodluck with the op erdogladys.
Might jump on the train to Portsmouth, one of my favourite photo destinations.
Have a nice day ya'll.

signman

#35 by Sheldonboy , Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:17 am

Morning all, looks like being a hot one here too. loads to do at work and getting busier by the minute. Just about to move my immense rump and swing into action, once I can squeeze into my superman suit. Have a good day....Yawnnnnnnn!

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#36 by Voltman , Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:35 am

Good Morning Everyone, Hello Phil.

I hope you get that call Astoness, there can't be anything better to do in a library than go through the back rooms. I've worked in a few and I know they keep some interesting stuff tucked safely away.
Denise, I, thought restaurants didn't serve peas anyway, something to do with them ending up rolling about on the floor.

"Nothing is more dangerous than an idea when it is the only one you have." Emile-Auguste Chartier
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#37 by astoness , Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:39 am

morning all...enjoy portsmouth john...i like it there..lol SB superman suit indeed....the mind boggles.....

hi erogladys all the best with the op today and a speedy recovery...

well i am not going to do much today folks...need to conserve my energy for tomorrow..visiting the back to backs and them there stairs are very steep and narrow...just hope i can get up em....

lyn

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#38 by signman ( deleted ) , Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:54 am

You mean they haven't got a lift Lyn, disgraceful,ha ha took some pics of them the other day, in the picture gallery.
May have to curtail my Portsmouth trip, just had a phone call, have to go and look at a job a bit later.

signman

#39 by astoness , Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:59 am

thanks volty i shall keep you informed on that one...well its warming up already...time to get me shades on...have a good day everyone...catch you later...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#40 by astoness , Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:04 am

no john...no lifts lol...i have been before but always wanted another visit..also looking forward to going in the sweetie shop on the corner...may buy some trouch drops(have i spelt that right) ??...no cameras allowed inside but i will post some of the the courtyard ect...

lyn

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#41 by Voltman , Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:09 am

No Astoness, I still have a Nokia 6310i which does way more than I require of it. I don't like phones very much and I insist on them being a phone and not a pretend personal organiser etc.
In any case I don't qualify, you have to be an existing customer of O2 to stand a chance. I switched to PAYG a few years ago and now spend hardly anything on calls. Currently with Tesco.
VM

"Nothing is more dangerous than an idea when it is the only one you have." Emile-Auguste Chartier
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#42 by signman ( deleted ) , Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:26 am

I put £20 on at christmas and still have £16.40 credit with T mobile, that's how much I use a mobile.

signman

#43 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:21 am

Morning all,

You lot must lead very evil lives if you can't rest easy in your beds. John and Voltman you sound like you like mobile phones as much as me. I don't know when I last topped mine up.

Unfortunately I have had a mobile phone since they were the size of a car battery with a house phone on top. But I compensated by telling very few people that I had got one. I'm the same today only my immediate family know my number and I never give it when asked by people and on forms etc.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#44 by Sheldonboy , Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:59 pm

Me and my phone are engaged

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#45 by astoness , Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:37 pm

well i just like a basic phone..so long as i can recieve calls...send them and txt occaisionally that does me....

up to you volty but you may call me lyn if you wish...i dont bite....

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor