Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Open All Hours

#2521 by astoness , Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:24 am

morning all....mike just like your mom i also like WKD ..and fair play to her

love yer chat up line john...lol

voltly..talking about pizza..my youngest son is quite keen on them but the only trouble is on occcasions i put one in the oven for him go back to me lap top and as you know they dont take that long to cook...20 mins later i remember it and as you have probably guessed its done to more than a turn lol...make a good frizby...

den...whatever you do DONT touch snakbites...i didnt drink them for very long because after a couple of pints i was under the table[Little LOL]

lyn

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#2522 by signman ( deleted ) , Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:36 am

Morning Lyn, how's that cold, it's quite chilly here, but I like it, not decided what I'm doing today, just had eggs on toast and 3rd coffee.
Just about to check with Alamo to see how much car rental is, they are a bit crafty, usually quote me £200 for a week, and then after I've booked it online I get an e-mail a week later offering me a week for £50.

signman

#2523 by astoness , Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:07 am

morning john....the cold is almost gone thanks...just a bit snuffly now....well its very chilly here so im glad i got the back and front gardens tidied up yesterday....hope you get a good deal for the car rental..seems strange to me that they offer a week so much cheaper after you have already booked...cant see the sense in doing that....

lyn

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#2524 by signman ( deleted ) , Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:13 am

Lyn it's usually a day after I get back, I've just checked and a week in November at the moment is £117, I'll leave it a bit longer and see what happens.

signman

#2525 by Voltman , Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:14 am

Good Morning Folks.

Signman, I play that game with Tesco and Amazon.
Tesco always send me a money off voucher immediately after I place an order online but it expires before I'm ready to order again. I've found that if I log in, book a delivery time but don't checkout, and do that a few times, they send me the voucher before I have placed the order so then I can use it.

With Amazon I just keep putting the item I want in and out of my basket, this seems to trigger a price change, not always in my favour but I don't order until it is.
VM

There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.
Oscar Wilde 16 October 1854 – 30 November 1900
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#2526 by astoness , Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:17 am

well so far that price is not too bad john...but as you said if you hang on a bit you may get it cheaper...

morning voltly...very good tactics there...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#2527 by signman ( deleted ) , Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:30 am

I'm off to see the Wizard,bye for now.

signman

#2528 by Deleted User , Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:19 am

Morning all........well it is cold.

Yesterday planted winter pansies and heather also popped some bulbs in for the spring.

Used an old tin bath,got another one to fill yet.

#2529 by Sheldonboy , Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:56 am

Blimey Den you using an old Tin bath. Didn't know things were that bd in Lichfield

Brummies Talking....... Get the Buzz
Visitors copy this link.. http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#2530 by paul , Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:20 am

hi all
this weekend i sat in the garden and did what i could to sort things out then wife come out and she had made a cup of tea then we sat and decided what we should take out

it turnd out to be an eventfull day i have a bulb planter its like a tube on a pole you poke it in the ground and it cuts a plug out put your bulb in then put the plug back

like den i love my garden and so does the cat from down the road he or she comes and sits by me and if it get chance it will sit on my lap and have a kip

its a sad time of year now things coming to there end but we have to make room for the new and now seems to be the time to start

paul  
paul
Date registered 12.31.2009

#2531 by Deleted User , Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:33 am

I always find it a bad of a sad time but it is fun to plan for next year and indeed put in what you can for the winter period.

Tin baths are shabby chic ..........LOL and make great planters.

#2532 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:08 am

Hi Paul

Long time no hear, nice to hear from you again.

Phil.

Make Love, Not War

phil

#2533 by Deleted User , Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:29 am

Am I up first this morning ??

Jim has had the same virus as me and has finally had to have time off work as he become really unwell yesterday so off to the doctor he went.......he had not even bothered to sigh up with a Dr so that was a palava.

He is on antibiotics and got to have a chest x ray today.

I still don't feel great but have managed to rest more than him so hoping it will go soon.

It is a nasty virus we have had.

#2534 by Sheldonboy , Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:16 am

Good morning Den, you were almost the first one up, but i was voting on the photos earlier, hope you both feel better soon. SB

Brummies Talking....... Get the Buzz
Visitors copy this link.. http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#2535 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:24 am

Morning both, I could have beaten you but decided to have a lie in.
Quite cold this morning and damp, heavy rain forecast later,have a small job to do today at LU LU'S.

signman

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor