Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Holidays

#1 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:02 pm

Where did you go, did you go abroad, did you stay here. Tell us all about it and if you can recommend it.

Make Love, Not War

phil

RE: Holidays

#2 by PJ , Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:44 pm

We went for the first time to Benidorm last year, my choice, everyone was saying "why do you want to go there" Birmingham by the sea, "Its nothing like the telly programme".
Well, it was, just like the telly programme, to me it was just like coming home, which will give you an insight to how I tick. We stopped at the Castilla Hotel which had more Spanish staying there than any other Europeans.
The rooms were clean and comfortable food was very good and if you like fish the food would be excellent.
I speak a little Spanish which I learned from the teach yourself free CD's from The Daily Mail newspaper and religeously played in my truck and car weather I was listening or not, just the basic's, which I used on the delightful staff at the Castilla, its right what they say give a little and you may get a lot.
Quiet side street bars and cafe's in the day, plenty of time to read the morning papers and many cafe's having coin operated internet access so there's no excuse for not keeping in touch with "Brummies Talking".
Afternoons spent swimming or sightseeing or whatever takes your fancy, all drenched in hot beautiful sunshine, then, a siesta followed by delicious evening meal and then out on the town.
We found ourselves arriving back at the hotel at 2 and 3am in a state of unbelief at the fun and entertainment we had for not a lot of money. There's a bar a club or a show for all tastes, most of the revilers are Brits and mostly mature who just want to have a good time and let others do the same.
We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves so much so that we're going again this year, to see if it wasn't a fluke.
Perhaps the term Birmingham By The Sea wasn't meant in a derogatory way, it had something of the feel of a Birmingham that I once knew.
Adios amigos

PJ  
PJ
Date registered 12.27.2009

#3 by Deleted User , Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:27 am

Always remember the Trevi fountain in Rome,not sure if that is how you spell it.

We put our three coins in so hopefully return one day.

If you and your partner want a bit of romance Rome is the place to be.

Last edited Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:28 am | Top

#4 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:53 pm

SB

I always found the sand dunes at most Devon & Cornwall seaside towns most conducive.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#5 by Sheldonboy , Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:56 pm

Thank you Lawrence of Dartmoor

If all else fails Read the instructions

Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you. Carl Gustav Jung

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

Last edited 01.04.2010 | Top

#6 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:48 pm

SB

Funny you should day that, but it would more likely be Lawrence of Exmoor.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#7 by Deleted User , Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:56 pm

Cheap dates LOL

#8 by PJ , Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:11 pm

Just an idea Lads, how about an all male holiday to Benidorm, we can take care of each other, wheelchairs, bedbaths, artificial limbs, and incontinence gear ect, no problem, all for one, and divided doesn't happen, ONE RULE, never leave a Mucka in need.
What say you.
Oh, yes that's after the girls have had their knees up in Devon.

PJ  
PJ

#9 by Deleted User , Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:43 pm

Think us girls should go to Benidorm and all you guys just have a little vist someplace local.

#10 by Sheldonboy , Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:01 pm

Dead right denise, we'll go to the Isle of Wight. It's got loads of great pubs. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#11 by PJ , Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:03 pm

O K SB, I'll go with Denise and the girls, DA DA DA WE'RE OFF TO SUNNY SPAIN....... HEY! VIVA ESPANIA!

PJ  
PJ

#12 by Sheldonboy , Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:41 pm

Pj I'm not sure that was one of the options.........

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#13 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:01 pm

Me and my mate went on a women only coach trip one night when we were 18. We happened to be in the local social club (Vauxhall Railway Club) playing snooker when the coach was ready to go and there were two seats left.

The organiser asked us if we wanted them, we of course accepted them. I learnt that night that a coach load of women out on their own are far worse that a load of men out on the rampage.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#14 by Sheldonboy , Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:16 am

Phil you are not wrong there. As a barman I worked the bar for Hen Parties. What a Flamin Nightmare. (Good fun though) SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Last edited 01.10.2010 | Top

#15 by Deleted User , Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:13 am

Years ago I went with the girls from work to see a male stripper called the Viking.

Whn he come on stage he wore a viking helmet and two flames were coming from it..........what a night that was.......lucky he escaped with his life.

Of course I would not dream of going to something like that these days......

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Whats Rhyl Like Now

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor