Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Holidays

#16 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:26 pm

Not that I have been to that many stag nights, but I will admit to one or two. From what I have witnessed men seem to be quite reserved at this sort of a function. Although it plain that they enjoy it.You don't seem to get the outlandish behaviour associated with women at this sort of a do.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#17 by Deleted User , Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:31 pm

Yes the men are not allowed to touch but this poor bloke just dissapared under a pile of women LOL

#18 by PJ , Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:19 pm

I have never told anyone this before.
I worked for a time in a company as a go between the works side of it, and the office, it was only a small place. There were two women and the boss who was mostly out getting work. Once the drivers had gone in the morning it left just me and the two women who were in their 50's, me in my early 30's and single.
I had the broom cupboard for my office, cutting to the chase, they both came in one afternoon and I thought they were having a laugh getting amorous but it soon became plain they wanted my trousers off and I had my old y fronts on I have never moved so fast before or since.
I'm still in touch with one of them she says that had I not got out they would have made a man of me.
PJ

PJ  
PJ
Date registered 12.27.2009

#19 by Deleted User , Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:02 pm

Arrrr Pj ,they would have taught you all you needed to know LOL

#20 by PJ , Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:17 pm

Denise.
And much,much, more
PJ

PJ  
PJ

#21 by Sheldonboy , Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:40 pm

PJ Did you run before or after ?

If all else fails Read the instructions

Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you. Carl Gustav Jung

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#22 by PJ , Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:03 pm

SB,
I panicked, I've led a sheltered life, now if I'd have had my Kelvin Klein's on it might have all turned out different.

PJ  
PJ

#23 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:06 pm

Denise

Many women have promised to teach me a few new tricks, and many did. I have a good repertoire of conjuring tricks now. I'm sorry to say.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#24 by Sheldonboy , Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:49 pm

Pj
I suppose if you had your Kelvin Kleins on you woul;d be thinging a different thong. SB

If all else fails Read the instructions

Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you. Carl Gustav Jung

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

Last edited 01.12.2010 | Top

#25 by Voltman , Sun May 09, 2010 12:26 pm

So back to holidays.. with the flights getting knocked about again and no end in sight, I expect some of us have a smug grin.
I was thinking perhaps I (we) might go somewhere by car later this year.

Isle of Wight is a good possibilty so any recommendations in this regard would be most welcome.
Such as what is the weather like in October?

The reason for IOW is that 'her' next door used to go there as a kid and we could take her old man. The last time we went, my only time ever, we were touring the south coast in a 1962 Morris Oxford and booked the ferry and hotel ourselves on spec, using public phone boxes and an RAC handbook. We haven't used a travel agent since.
VM

"Cats are a mysterious kind of folk. There is more passing in their minds than we are aware of." Sir Walter Scott

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#26 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun May 09, 2010 1:11 pm

VM

I went over there for a few days in February, as you have no kids you will find it Ideal. The only trouble we had was it rained all the time we were there. We will go back again when the better weather is with us.

There is absolutely loads to do and see, but I will give you one piece of advice. If your wife is anything like mine and turns every holiday into an extended shopping trip, then book a hotel in Newport. All the other towns are very small and only have small shopping centres.

Hope you get good weather.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#27 by Voltman , Sun May 09, 2010 1:20 pm

Thanks Phil,
Actually I am the shopper, she rushes in and out of a shop and declares it done.
When in old English seaside places I love to browse through junk shops for ancient books, etc.
VM

"Cats are a mysterious kind of folk. There is more passing in their minds than we are aware of." Sir Walter Scott

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 05.09.2010 | Top

#28 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun May 09, 2010 1:40 pm

As a matter of fact my wife bought a couple of pieces of China from a Junk shop in Sandown. Mind you I'm calling it a junk shop, the one piece cost the price of a new arm and the other a leg.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#29 by signman ( deleted ) , Sun May 09, 2010 2:41 pm

I took the Isle of Wight ferry on an impulse last year when I was in Portsmouth,
Portsmouth to Fishbourne foot passenger £11 day return, 1 hour crossing, got a bus into Newport £3, and thought I was back home,I live in St. James Street, ---Newport, St. James Street, Superdrug, Beewise,Tesco, Boots all these shops are within 200 yards of me.
Like Phil says, it's the only town with lots of shops, lovely church, and behind the church the biggest and best fish and chips I've ever had £5.
Spent the whole day mooching, got a cab back to Fishbourne £15 but I was kn******ed and couldn't face an hour waiting for a bus.
VM, Hay-onWye is the book capital of the world, more book shops of all types than you've ever seen, even a converted cinema full of books.
I've just hired a car to go to my daughter at Overbury on June 12th, and will be spending a couple of days in Brum, might go looking for
a mystery photo to see if I can stump Phil.

signman

#30 by toady , Sun May 09, 2010 3:41 pm

Have just returned from Spain flight out went on time flight back went on time all the while we were there the weather was dare I say it too hot I guess we were very lucky, but still found things to moan about like "it's too hot" never thought I would say it but wish I was there.

toady  
toady

Founder Member
Date registered 01.11.2010

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Whats Rhyl Like Now

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor