Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Whats Rhyl Like Now

#1 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:28 pm

Anybody been to Rhyl lately, I haven't been there for over 30 years. Only we have decided to take the great grandchildren there this year for a few days and to be quite honest I can't remember what it was like there last time we went. Is is still OK for kids. I know our kids used to enjoy it.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

RE: Whats Rhyl Like Now

#2 by Sheldonboy , Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:01 pm

Jo and I last passed through Rhyl on a coach a couple of years ago on the way to Llandudno, Rhyl looked really run down and tatty from what we saw. Llandudno on the other hand looked really well kept and nice.

Please spread the word about Brummies Talking

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

RE: What's Rhyll Like Now

#3 by Voltman , Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:29 am

Went there about 8 years ago, it was really horrible.
We stayed in a peculiar hotel a bit inland because we were taking an old geezer to visit some old misery from the past that lives in that area.
He didn't even leave his seat the whole time we were there.
His life was a misery, his relatives and friends were a miserable bunch of pillocks and the town of Rhyll was a miserable P*&^hole that I will never return to.

The hotel was the best in the area and had a marvellous restaurant but was a bit musty and strange in the rooms department.
Not that we didn't have a good time, because it is what you make it, but it was no thanks to our surroundings.

I had visited Rhyll and Llandudno in the past and found no fault, but on my last (final) visit Rhyll was like a town of zombies, the place was dead and rotten and they pretended not to notice.

If I lived in Llandudno, I would begrudge Rhyll the petrol money to get there.
VM

"Cats are a mysterious kind of folk. There is more passing in their minds than we are aware of." Sir Walter Scott

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 04.04.2010 | Top

#4 by Sheldonboy , Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:46 am

You wasn't keen then

Did you have a Migrane last night ?.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#5 by signman ( deleted ) , Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:29 am

Rhyl has been a doss hole for the last 20 years, sorry Phil
To me British seaside towns are so depressing, with their victorian facades,old fashioned amusements and tatty run down shops.
What one has to admit about Brighton, is it's alive, vibrant and plenty going on all the year round, although not much for children I'm afraid.

signman

#6 by signman ( deleted ) , Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:41 am

Phil, Take a look on streetview, you'll be lucky to spot a dozen people.
May I suggest you consider Minehead, easier to get to, Butlins if it's raining, North Somerset light railway, right in the middle of town, plenty of attractions all within very short driving distances, and better weather prospect.

signman

#7 by Voltman , Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:52 am

No SB, was you wishing one on me?

"Cats are a mysterious kind of folk. There is more passing in their minds than we are aware of." Sir Walter Scott

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

RE: What's Rhyl Like Now

#8 by Voltman , Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:55 am

I like Somerset, always feel happy down there.(sorry Signman, Up there).
Rhyl is in North Wales, yes really, and they do a good job of not liking us in the north.
VM

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#9 by signman ( deleted ) , Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:23 pm

You are right there VM , my first missus was from South Wales and they hate each others guts.

signman

#10 by Sheldonboy , Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:24 pm

VM. Yes

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#11 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:24 pm

Thanks for all the info, I have been to most of the resorts down south and thought I would give the other direction a chance. You have set me thinking now, I will have to give it some thought.

John, I tried Butlins at Minehead a few years back and all I can say is I thought it was overpriced robbery. It's advertised as all attractions free, thats if you don't count all the things you have to pay for and you can get in or on any of the rest. I didn't think much of Minehead either. We went in to Weston daily.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#12 by signman ( deleted ) , Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:28 pm

To each his own Phil.
Ever thought of Skegness, quite a bit there for kids, east coast could be a weather problem sometimes.

signman

#13 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:14 pm

John

I think Skegness is absolutely fantastic for kids, we had a caravan there for about 20 years up until about 4 years ago. We were on a site at Ingoldmells, but it had a ruling that said no caravans over 10 years old on the site. As we were on our second van and the site fee's etc were well over £2000pa by this time. When you realise that just a halfway decent van costs upward of £15 to £20 thousand we decided to call it a day.

Even if you use it the amount of times that we did it doesn't work out very economically. The only answer is to rent it out, we tried that years back and we didn't like the way our van was treated. We looked on the caravan as an extension of our home.

Anyway we went there last year with the grandkids to a friend on the sites van.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#14 by Sheldonboy , Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:12 pm

So what do we score RHYL in the BT List of Favourite holiday resorts ?

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#15 by signman ( deleted ) , Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:11 am

Bottom-unless you know otherwise.

signman

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
My Favourite Holiday Places

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor