Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

My Favourite Holiday Places

#1 by Sheldonboy , Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:36 pm

My favourite holiday place, without a shadow of a doubt is The Ise of Wight. When I come back to Brum, I actually feel homesick for the place. It's the only place I would desert Brum for.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

Last edited 09.24.2013 | Top

RE: MY FAVOURITE HOLIDAY PLACES

#2 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:43 pm

I am not a fan of foreign travel. In fact neither me or my wife have ever owned a passport and now at our ages I can't see us ever doing so.

My favourite holiday place is anywhere in the UK and over the years I have seen a good part of it, but there is still plenty I haven't seen, but I plan to see as much as I can.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#3 by Sheldonboy , Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:25 am

Good idea Phil, at least your'e not paying for excess baggage, Airport taxes, Health insurance and umpteen other things, there is also a fair chance that you may like the food !!

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#4 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:41 am

SB

As I have said, never have had experience of that sort of thing, I don't know anything about such things. So it would be unfair to comment. I am quite happy here in England as there are some very nice places to spend some leisure time. But like anywhere there are some pretty bad places as well.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#5 by Deleted User , Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:10 pm

What places did you enjoy visting most Phil.??

We particularly like Dorset.

#6 by PJ , Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:58 pm

Its not a wonderful thing, neither is it a complete holiday but there's something about the night time in the out of town places you find in and around the Med,. Hot sultry nights wrapped in silence for all but the rhythmic chirping of the crickets and a starlit sky that cuts you down to size.

PJ  
PJ
Date registered 12.27.2009

#7 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:28 pm

Denise

I think you know that I have a near lifelong love of the north Devon Cornwall and Somerset coastline. If I had to move from where I live now then I could quite happily live anywhere along that coastline. If I had to choose one place then it would be St Ives with the proviso that it was the St Ives of the 60's.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#8 by Sheldonboy , Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:42 pm

I know what you mean about Devon Phil, I feel the same about the Isle of Wight. SB

If all else fails Read the instructions

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#9 by Deleted User , Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:58 pm

Yes we love ST Ives,we almost bought a flat there about ten years ago as an investment but decided against it in the end.I often think we made the wrong desicion on that,

The problem now days is the sea gulls literally attack you for food,had one grab an ice cream out of my hand.It fell to the ground and I was so angry I ground it into the soil so he could not scoff it.They are a serious pain there.A lady in our hotel had her hand injured by one trying to grab food.

#10 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:00 pm

Denise

The trouble with the gulls is we have made them idle, holiday makers have fed them so much over the years they are loosing the ability to forage and find their own food. It is much easier for them to beg for food along the esplanade or beach.

You can also see them in any inland city that has wide open spaces. If you were to go to Little Packington Landfill Site near you. There are thousands of them every day picking over the rubbish on the tip. I doubt these birds ever see the sea from when they are hatched until the day they die.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#11 by princessann ( deleted ) , Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:02 pm

How can you go through life with out going abroad,ibiza is fantastic, so is greece,and all of spain.dont knock it if you,ve never been,trust me its brill,before you die do it just once.

princessann

#12 by PJ , Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:12 pm

I agree princess, Britain is beautiful and so is the Mediterranean.
SB Phil, do you know what your missing?

PJ  
PJ

#13 by Sheldonboy , Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:21 pm

Phil won't go abroad because of his dodgy passport, he's bothered he won't get back in.

If all else fails Read the instructions

Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you. Carl Gustav Jung

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#14 by erdogladys , Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:38 pm

Your not an illegal immigrant are you Phil ?

erdogladys  
erdogladys

Founder Member

#15 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:51 pm

Gladys

Please don't tell anybody, I don't want to be deported back to Scotland after 63 years.

SB I've never owned a passport they would never let me have one. Something about not wanting to loose such a valuable asset.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Whats Rhyl Like Now

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor