Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Holidays

#31 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun May 09, 2010 5:05 pm

June

You see thats why I like holidaying in England, I'm not keen on the sun. I must admit that the rain can be a bit of a nuisance though. My wife won't go out in the sun at all she had one scare with skin cancer and had to have it cut out. It's made her extra cautious now.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#32 by toady , Sun May 09, 2010 7:52 pm

Phil
I know what you mean, I seem to tan easily and people seem to think I lie in the sun, We don't do that find a tree and sit beneath it, but it was nice to be warm for a change when we do go to Spain it is usually October when the rush has gone, but I don't like leaving my dog he went to our sons.

toady  
toady

Founder Member
Date registered 01.11.2010

#33 by Sheldonboy , Sun May 09, 2010 8:07 pm

VM
The Isle of Wight, Shanklin Old Village, fantastic in my mind, an ideal base for a place to stay while investigating that wonderful Island. In the main street alone there are three lovely pubs, to finish your evenings in. Sometimes in the park early evening there are Brass Band concerts on.
From there at Dusk take a magical walk down Shanklin Chine, where exotic plants are lit up and give the feeling of a fairy grotto. come out at the bottom of the Chine onto the seafront.
There are one or two nice pubs on the front, one of them has a balcony so you can sit and enjoy a meal and watch the ships go by, all lit up.
Just down the road is the new part of Shanklin with the main shops, Hotels, Guest Houses and even more pubs.
The atmosphere of the Isle of Wight is just how the rest of Enland used to be in the 60s and 70s.
Do I love the Isle of wight, well if I went to live there, I would never leave the place again unless I really had to. SB

Arguing with an idiot is like teaching a pig to sing. It's a waste of your time, and it only annoys the pig!

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#34 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun May 09, 2010 8:37 pm

SB

I heard you were deported from the IOW last time you were there. They don't mind illegal immigrants, but they have to draw a line somewhere.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#35 by Sheldonboy , Sun May 09, 2010 9:05 pm

YOU HEARD WRONG, ME AND THE ISLE OF WIGHT GET ON FINE OK BRUV.

Arguing with an idiot is like teaching a pig to sing. It's a waste of your time, and it only annoys the pig!

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#36 by Voltman , Mon May 10, 2010 9:13 pm

Now Now Boys,
You guys make it sound lovely, I just can't remember much about the place so it's probably time for a visit.

I like it hot on holiday but I don't mind the cold if it stays cold and I am dressed for it. What irritates me is when it's nice and warm until the sun goes in and then its freezing cold, as in the UK.
A constant 40°c is what I really like.
VM

"Cats are a mysterious kind of folk. There is more passing in their minds than we are aware of." Sir Walter Scott

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#37 by Sheldonboy , Mon May 10, 2010 9:27 pm

It's probably the mildest climate you will find in the UK VM.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#38 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue May 11, 2010 8:47 am

Anything above 50 degrees and it's a no no for me in this country, I like mountains,and the lake district especially.
But funnily enough when I was in Las Vegas, and Death Valley I didn't seem to be affected like I am over here, humidity I suppose .
The most uncomfortable I have ever felt was in New York, changing my shirt 4 times a day, humidity was horrendous.

signman

#39 by Voltman , Wed May 12, 2010 8:21 pm

We've only been to New York in the colder months and it really is cold then. Minus 14C the first time we went, but when you get dressed in yer thermals it's quite pleasant, as long as there's no wind.
VM

"Cats are a mysterious kind of folk. There is more passing in their minds than we are aware of." Sir Walter Scott

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 05.12.2010 | Top

#40 by xuanxanh99 , Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:41 am

I don't usually go to holiday. If I have got time, I usually go to part about my friend.

Life's wonderful when we are friends.

xuanxanh99
Date registered 09.30.2010

#41 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:30 am

Hero

I think you need to rephrase that statement, the "I usually go to part about my friend." doesn't make sense in this context. Do you mean you usually go to stay with a friend?

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#42 by xuanxanh99 , Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:38 pm

Posted by phil
Hero

I think you need to rephrase that statement, the "I usually go to part about my friend." doesn't make sense in this context. Do you mean you usually go to stay with a friend?

Phil

Hello Phil
My english skill is bad, sothat I usually write error: I want write: " I usually go to Park about my friend.
Because The place is funny and beautiful. In the weekend, We often talk to talk and play sports or sing a song.
Do you understand?
hero

xuanxanh99

#43 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:56 pm

Hi Hero

You are doing quite well, but it is the use of the word "funny" that you might be misunderstanding. We understand funny as meaning "comical or causing laughter" which is enjoyable and entertaining. I am guessing that you meant something like, " I usually go to Park with my friend,Because the place is enjoyable and beautiful at the weekend.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#44 by xuanxanh99 , Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:23 am

Hello Phil.
Thank you for correcting me.I will try write more.
I like listen country music - VietNam Music . Sometime, I listen English music: Proud of you, Because I love you...
At the holiday, I and my friend go to drinks cafe and share to knowledge.

xuanxanh99

Last edited 10.08.2010 | Top

#45 by Deleted User , Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:06 am

On holiday,my freind and I go to a cafe and have a chat.......or

go to a cafe and have a conversation.[Have Fun]

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Whats Rhyl Like Now

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor