Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Jimmy Saville

#61 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:03 pm

Lyn

To be quite frank I was never a fan of Jimmy Saville although I think he did some marvellous work. If I'm honest as I said before I always thought he was Gay as he was never linked with a woman ever as far as I recollect. To go even further I cannot see the BBC or any of the children's hospitals allowing him access to children if there was the slightest hint of him being a paedophile.

I am slowly being convinced that he along with a lot of his peers at the time did have sex with underage girls at the time, but I will say in his defence that he probably didn't have an idea of quite how young they were. I think mostly the rest of it is, people looking for a few moments in the limelight with the possibility of a few bob at the end of it and newspapers hoping to enlarge their circulation.

phil
Last edited Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:23 pm | Top

#62 by astoness , Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:24 pm

Quote: phil wrote in post #61
Lyn

To be quite frank I was never a fan of Jimmy Saville although I think he did some marvellous work. If I'm honest as I said before I always thought he was Gay as he was never linked with a woman ever as far as I recollect. To go even further I cannot see the BBC or any of the children's hospitals allowing him access to children if there was the slightest hint of him being a paedophile.

I am slowly being convinced that he along with a lot of his peers at the time did have sex with underage girls at the time, but I will say in his defence that he probably didn't have an idea of quite how young they were. I thmostlymosy of the rest of it is, people looking for a few moments in the limelight with the possibility of a few bob at the end of it and newspapers hoping to enlarge their circulation.

phil i totally agree with you again ive said most of that in earlier posts...from a womens point of view i cant see the appeal with saville...not exactly a tom cruise or better still tom jones lol. and as suspected its all getting so out of control now that no one really knows what to believe...all i can say again is if the tally of over 300 girls is to be believed he must have been a very clever man with plenty of spare time as well...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#63 by Sheldonboy , Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:34 pm

I understand that children can look older than they do but young children and disabled kids and some with learning disabilities that's another story. I must say that when this story broke I didn't want to believe it. Yes saville was an eccentric extrovert, even a nutter of sorts but he always seemed to be innocent. But as the Police are dragging more and more cases out, seemingly with proof I think it's time now to stop making excuses for this perverted lewd behavior. Even if he had inapropriatly touched just one child it's possible that he/she would never forget it for the rest of their lives and that would be inexcusable. But as there seems to have been many many victims isn't it time to stop making excuses for him and ensure that this certainly can't happen again and bring anyone else involved to justice.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#64 by astoness , Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:14 pm

well i dont remember making excuses for him SB..check all my posts..right from the start of this story i have always maintained that i neither believe or disbelieve..just hope that all these women who were teenagers at the time can remember where and when the incidents took place....what the decor was like..what sort of furniture was in the place..were they forced or did they go willingly given their ages they should be able to give the police this sort of info...i can remember cutting my leg on a paint tin at the age of 4 so it shouldnt be too difficult to remember things as teenagers...really you have to ask yourself just for instance of course but if you were to have an affair or just a fling with one person do you really think that someone somewhere wouldnt know or find out about it however careful you were...there are now well over 300 coming forward and the list is getting longer by the day and i just cant understand how he got away with it all for so long...if it is true then this must rank as one of the biggest cover ups of all time...i really do have to question the credibilty of this story now purely because of the amount of accusers coming out of the woodwork...and the trouble is it maybe that there are only a dozen who are telling the truth so the ones that maybe lying are doing those who may have suffered at savilles hands no favours at all..

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

Last edited 10.28.2012 | Top

#65 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:34 pm

As you say young children and children with learning disabilities, the sort of children who are watched all the time, now if this is true, then how did he get away with it. Was he given a pass that said he was allowed to do what he liked and when he asked to be left alone with these children then he had to be left alone. I'm sorry but I just don't believe that this man was able to do everything he was supposed to have done without ever being exposed.

So if we find that one or two of these accusations are without truth, then that throws all the rest of them into doubt. Even so with all the proof in the world they are never going to be able to prove anything against Jimmy Saville that a court of law will accept. So its about time they started chasing after the people that allowed this sort of thing to happen, if in fact it ever did.

phil

#66 by Sheldonboy , Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:46 pm

Lyn I dont have to read your posts again I was speaking generally.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#67 by astoness , Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:03 pm

thats ok then SB..i dont think anyone is making excuses just being realistic in a society where we are meant to be innocent until proved guilty and at the min i just cant see how the hell this can happen unless someone who knew these things were happening will stand up and be counted and admit it...reckon this will go on for a long time to come...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#68 by Sheldonboy , Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:30 pm

I think that because Jimmy Saville was like a bloody big kid, as we keep hearing, no one would have believed it, especially with his charity work. With all the News we hear MP's expenses, Dr Harold Shipman, Saville, Glitter. teachers eloping with kids, who the hell do we trust ?
Do you know what my answer is NOBODY.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#69 by astoness , Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:38 pm

i bet they are turning the thumb screws on glitter now to get him to admit he knew things were going on...i guessed he would be hauled in as he has a record...bet they dont pull esther rantzen in though...after all she has done such a lot for childline how could she possably know anything...(said with tongue in cheek)

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#70 by Sheldonboy , Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:46 pm

Quote: astoness wrote in post #69
i bet they are turning the thumb screws on glitter now to get him to admit he knew things were going on...i guessed he would be hauled in as he has a record...bet they dont pull esther rantzen in though...after all she has done such a lot for childline how could she possably know anything...(said with tongue in cheek)

There's another one, so many people now say they saw things, suspected things, knew what was going on. Well to me everyone of those people are just as guilty. Every one ensured more children suffered misery. I hope every one of those people have trouble sleeping at night.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#71 by astoness , Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:53 pm

i will go along with that SB..lets face it those who may have kept stum are really the only ones you can be now made accountable..

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#72 by Sheldonboy , Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:58 pm

Quote: astoness wrote in post #71
i will go along with that SB..lets face it those who may have kept stum are really the only ones you can be now made accountable..

Maybe not Lyn, lets wait and see if any more living molesters turn up. I think we will see some.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#73 by astoness , Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:13 pm

well if there are any living ones i hope they find them..

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#74 by lynne webb , Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:14 pm

Jimmy Saville was questioned at least 5 times so someone must have said something. Even if he was still alive how could they prove these allegations, there wouldnt be photos or tapes, it would be one word against another. I cant believe that he had a key for Broadmore.

lynne webb
Date registered 10.05.2011

#75 by astoness , Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:28 pm

dont think we have heard the last of this by a long way lynne...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor