Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Jimmy Saville

#46 by lynne webb , Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:38 pm

Phil, Jimmy Saville was not 16 or 17 in the 60s and 70s, he was knocking on 50. From what I can gather he went looking for them in childrens homes and hospitals and not so much the other way round.

lynne webb
Date registered 10.05.2011

#47 by Sheldonboy , Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:07 pm

Quote: Voltman wrote in post #43
Who next?
Try John Peel.
Well at least he will be able to defend himself.

How Volty John Peel died in 2004

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#48 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:07 pm

Quote: lynne webb wrote in post #46
Phil, Jimmy Saville was not 16 or 17 in the 60s and 70s, he was knocking on 50. From what I can gather he went looking for them in childrens homes and hospitals and not so much the other way round.

Lynne

I didn't realise that we were still talking about JS, but all of these latest allegations have still yet to be proved. It's worth noting that the latest person whos name is being bandied about is dead. Why won't Liz Kershaw name names, don't tell me she is still afraid of losing her job. As for the latest claims concerning JS how again are these going to be proved? I think once again when this is all over the newspapers are going to be left with a lot of explaing to do.

phil

#49 by astoness , Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:40 pm

well as i suspected it would i think its all getting out of hand now...they are now saying js could have assulted and or raped up to and over 60 people dating from 1959...only yesterday a women from wales came forward and claimed that she was also a victim at the age of 16 in the early 70s..i watched esther rantzan being interviewed again early this morning...i have never seen anyone look so flustered and back peddle so much....all i can say is if js was guilty of the ever mounting allegations he must have been a very clever man who spent over 40 years not caring if he was found out...even MI5 would have a job covering this lot up especially about someone who was such a high profile person..reckon the media may have bitten off more than they can chew accusing a dead man...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 10.14.2012 | Top

#50 by astoness , Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:00 pm

just had another thought..in special cases like this when the accused cant speak for him or herself if all the accusers want to be taken seriously then they should be made to answer to the polygraph...that should sort out the wheat from the chaff...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#51 by Sheldonboy , Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:09 pm

One thing I would like to ask, if JS was still alive how could any thing be proven.
Q Jimmy have you been assaulting children for years.?
A No of course not.
Oh that's ok then.
Who believes who.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#52 by astoness , Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:13 pm

like i said SB..bring in the polygraph boys...after all they are very serious allegations..

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#53 by lynne webb , Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:27 pm

What happens if they all pass the polygraph Lyn, does he get away with it because hes dead.

lynne webb
Date registered 10.05.2011

#54 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:36 pm

Lynne

He (gets away with it) whatever happens because he is dead, cynics like myself might say that is why it was left until now before these allegations were made. They can never be proven either way, that is why they are talking about writs against the BBC & the Health Authorities, but I don't think they will get very far with those either. To be honest I think their lawyers and you can bet they have them are looking for "go away money".

phil

#55 by Sheldonboy , Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:42 pm

Quote: lynne webb wrote in post #53
What happens if they all pass the polygraph Lyn, does he get away with it because hes dead.

Lynne if any of these allegations are true, he HAS got away with it.
I still think that many others (and not just at the BBC ) Must be quaking in their boots now. I cannot believe that other organisations don't have people entrusted with kids. These people aim for those jobs. We all try to get work associated with our interests. It's not just children maybe women are harrassed by predatory workers. The thought of it is all very scary, but how can it be controlled.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#56 by mikejee , Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:46 pm

Have just seen a post on another forum ( 5th post down at http://www.secretleeds.com/forum/Message...rtAtMessage=175 )which points out that in 1996 Irvine walsh (who wrote the book "Trainspotting", made into a film) seemed to have some knowledge of character very like one Saville has been claimed to be. I quote:

Irvine Welsh’s 1996 book Ecstasy, a book of three stories. The story Lorraine Goes to Livingston,” features a character called Freddy Royle a well known TV presenter and pedophile.

Freddy Royle has a television show that featured a young boy, whom Fred had sorted out to swim with dolphins at Morecambe’s Marineland, while his grandparents were brought back to the scene of their honeymoon.

And in his spare time he volunteered in a hospital, and has a fascination with the morgue.

Chapter from the book...

*Yes, the trustees knew all about Freddy Royle.
They knew the real secrets of the chat-show host, the authors of several books, including Howzat! – Freddy Royle On Cricket, Freddy Royle’s and Freddy Royle’s 101 Magic Party Tricks.

Yes, those trustees knew what this distinguished friend, this favorite caring, laconic uncle to the nation did with the stiffs they got in here. The thing was, Freddy brought millions of pounds into the place with his fund-raising activities. This brought kudos to the trustees, and made St Hubbin’s Hospital a flagship for the arm’s-length trusts from the NHS. All they had to do was keep schtumm and indulge Sir Freddy with the odd body*

*More here
http://tinyurl.com/8ssfw9

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#57 by astoness , Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:56 pm

Quote: lynne webb wrote in post #53

hi lynne...cant ever see them using the lie detector system but if even one out of the 60 odd was found to be telling the truth then he would have got away with it in terms of him being prosecuted.....like i say i dont believe or disbeleive the accusations but i just cant see a way of proving them one way or the other...as i said a few days back it sells papers...i also see that the woman who was told at the age of 7 by her mother that js was her father is now dropping her fight to prove it...shame she didnt persue it more actively when js was alive..

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#58 by astoness , Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:49 am

i see that gary glitter has now been arrested in connection with the saville case on which it is now claimed that saville abused 300 children over a period of 40 years...i just cant get my head round the fact until recently this little lot was kept top secret...beggars belief...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#59 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:03 pm

Lyn

The reason why most of this has been kept under wraps up until now is most of the victims only just being classed as children by a couple of months being 15 going on 30 were as much to blame as those that preyed on them.

I read that hundreds of pop stars some still quite famous are taking advice because they didn't stop to ask for birth certificates of the young girls threw themselves at them in the 60's.

phil

#60 by astoness , Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:36 pm

Quote: phil wrote in post #59
Lyn

The reason why most of this has been kept under wraps up until now is most of the victims only just being classed as children by a couple of months being 15 going on 30 were as much to blame as those that preyed on them.

I read that hundreds of pop stars some still quite famous are taking advice because they didn't stop to ask for birth certificates of the young girls threw themselves at them in the 60's.

yes phil i agree..if we were talking about very very young children ie 7.8 9 years olds then this would be a very different matter but even in those days 14 and 15 years olds could easily look and act a whole lot older ...even more so these days so yes they are equally to blame..i can only hope that all this serves as a lesson for the now rich and famous who have the groupie girls hammering away at their dressing rooms and waiting outside for them to come out of the venues they are at...to me i cant see the point of these women moaning about it now...as i have always said they should have spoken up well before now and if as we are led to believe that saville abused over 300 then to my mind if only 6 out of those 300 had spoken up before he died it would have been enough to get him into court to answer the charges against him...too little too late now im afraid..i saw a man being interviewed on this morning tv programme the other day who said saville abused him in his dressing room when he was a 10 year old boys scout on the saville show..must say the interviewers really grilled him about what happened and to be honest i was not convinced and judging by their faces neither were they..again it all boils down to proving all of these allegations..it is and always will be the word of the accusers against that of a dead man...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

Last edited 10.28.2012 | Top

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor