Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Jimmy Saville

#1 by Deleted User , Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:21 am

I watched that programme about Jimmy Saville last night.I had an open mind about it.Like many not wanting to believe it but those people were pretty convincing.Shocking stuff.

What a sad world we live in.

Last edited Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:43 pm | Top

RE: Jimmy Saville

#2 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:26 am

Denise

What makes me think it's all rubbish (I didn't watch the programme) is that in a career spanning fifty years or more. not one of these people spoke out. I'm sorry but I just can't believe that. The other thing is. I didn't think he was interested in women or girls, to be honest if the complaints had come from men I might have believed it. I don't think I ever saw a photo of him with a woman or ever heard his name linked to one.

phil
Last edited Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:05 pm | Top

#3 by astoness , Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:39 pm

Quote: phil wrote in post #4
Denise

What makes me think it's all rubbish (I didn't watch the programme) is that in a career spanning fifty years or more. not one of these people spoke out. I'm sorry but I just can't believe that. The other thing is. I didn't think he was interested in women or girls, to be honest if the complaints had come from men I might have believed it. I don't think I ever saw a photo of him with a woman or ever heard his name linked to one.

phil i tend to agree with you...strange how all this has only come to light after the death of jimmy saville who obviously is not here to defend himself and for this reason i just cant see it being proven on way or the other..

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 10.05.2012 | Top

#4 by lynne webb , Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:21 pm

I'm out of step with Lyn and Phil, I do believe something was going on, he was questioned 5 years ago but couldnt be charged for insufficent evidence. Even Esther Rantzen said she heard rumours years ago and chose to do nothing. I didnt watch the program either.

lynne webb
Date registered 10.05.2011

#5 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:22 pm

I may be proved wrong, but I think it is just a case of some sad people who want their five minutes in the spotlight. I understand the numbers are growing by the hour. We are supposed to believe that no reporters ever got a smell of this behaviour.

phil
Last edited Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:03 pm | Top

#6 by Sheldonboy , Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:29 pm

Quote: astoness wrote in post #5
Quote: phil wrote in post #4
Denise

phil i tend to agree with you...strange how all this has only come to light after the death of jimmy saville who obviously is not here to defend himself and for this reason i just cant see it being proven on way or the other..

I agree with all of this. It's hard enough to prove ones innocence when alive, impossible from the grave. I think sleeping dogs etc......

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#7 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:30 pm

Lynne,

Hearing rumours is not evidence, if Esther Rantzen had even suspected he was up to no good, then she should have investigated as one of the head of the Childline Charity, it was what people were donating their money for. As for being investigated by the police, well celebrities are always being investigated for one reason or another. Believe me if the police or Esther had thought there was the slightest chance of wrongdoing on his part they would have been like a dog with a bone until they found out something. Why didn't these women come forward then?

phil
Last edited Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:03 pm | Top

#8 by lynne webb , Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:34 pm

Phil, these women were children when this happened, who was going to believe them in the 1970s, its a different world now.

lynne webb

#9 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:09 pm

Lynne

Were they children say 2 years ago when he was still alive and could answer these charges?

phil
Last edited Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:02 pm | Top

#10 by astoness , Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:12 pm

Quote: lynne webb wrote in post #10
Phil, these women were children when this happened, who was going to believe them in the 1970s, its a different world now.

hear what your saying lynne but they wernt children 5 or 10 years back so they should have come forward when he was still alive..really hate things like this when it cant be proved...by coming forward now all they have done is to case a doubt over jimmy saville...i feel sorry for his family in all of this..

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#11 by lynne webb , Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:48 pm

Sorry I'm not convinced, why was he questioned 5 years ago, someone must have said something. these women are saying the same things but they dont know each other.

lynne webb

RE: April Jones

#12 by astoness , Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:04 pm

Quote: lynne webb wrote in post #13
Sorry I'm not convinced, why was he questioned 5 years ago, someone must have said something. these women are saying the same things but they dont know each other.

i know lynne..ive no thought one way or the other on this but if they could find no evidence when he was alive they have no chance now so its the womens word against a dead man...blimey if he was guilty i wouldnt have like to have spent over 40 years living on a knife edge...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#13 by lynne webb , Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:12 pm

I agree Lyn nothing will ever be proved. I just wonder how the TV program came about.

lynne webb

#14 by Sheldonboy , Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:54 am

I think some of it is jumping on a bandwagon.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#15 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:57 am

Quote: lynne webb wrote in post #13

Celebrities are always being questioned over wild allegations and we rarely get to hear about it. Did we hear about Jimmy Saville being questioned at the time? I don't know the truth of this matter and these accusers have made sure that we never will. Though if they are ever proved to be false I hope they are made to pay for blackening a good man name. The thing is if it is right then they have ensured that he will never be punished.

phil
Last edited Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:00 pm | Top

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor