Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Jimmy Saville

#16 by Deleted User , Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:34 am

Phil ,if you did not listen to what these people had to say I do not think you can comment on it.

I will get me coat............

Last edited Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:00 pm | Top

#17 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:49 am

Denise

I can find excuses for them not coming forward at the time, I can find excuses for them not coming forward later whilst they were still young, but to wait until a year after he is dead I can find no excuse for that.

No I didn't see what they had to say on the TV, but anybody can make anything sound convincing if there is no way of disproving it. The thing is everyone in this country is innocent until proven guilty and as I said previously these women have ensured that he will never be found guilty.

phil
Last edited Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:59 pm | Top

#18 by mikejee , Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:29 pm

I agree with you Phil in general. However I had heard comments such as this previous to his death . On another forum (a Leeds one I think) not long before his death there was a long discussion concerning allegations and in particular comments made to Saville's face by Paul Merton on a recording of "Have I got News for You". Understandably these were not broadcast, but it was claimed by at least one poster that he had seen the tape.

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

Last edited 10.05.2012 | Top

#19 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:55 pm

Mike

I can only repeat, why didn't somebody come forward. Each one who didn't became just as responsible for the next one that was assaulted as Jimmy Saville was, if in fact it did ever happen.

phil
Last edited Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:59 pm | Top

#20 by Voltman , Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:50 pm

I didn't watch the program because it wasn't going to be fair or factual.
Whilst I can believe this of Jimmy Saville I certainly can't believe the people who are making these anecdotal claims. As Phil says, where were these accusers when he was alive?

Is it just that Rantzen is looking to get on TV again?

http://www.npl.co.uk/
http://www.gutenberg.org/
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#21 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:30 pm

Volty

It looks like you have the same outlook on life as myself, rather cynical I'm always looking for a reason why people do things. I would have said much the same myself about Rantzen and would enquire why an investigative reporter like herself waited until now to break the story.

phil
Last edited Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:48 pm | Top

#22 by mikejee , Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:34 pm

I always thought Saville was a bit strange (was going to say queer, but don't mean it in the way that would be taken). Only thing is I always thought exactly the same about that awful sanctimonious Rantzen women. For her to be advertising The Accident advice helpline just proves what an obnoxious hypocritical creature she is

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#23 by astoness , Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:06 pm

Quote: mikejee wrote in post #22
I always thought Saville was a bit strange (was going to say queer, but don't mean it in the way that would be taken). Only thing is I always thought exactly the same about that awful sanctimonious Rantzen women. For her to be advertising The Accident advice helpline just proves what an obnoxious hypocritical creature she is

mike i heard esther rantzen say on live tv on monday that she had heard rumours and whispers of jimmys carrying on with young girls in the 70s and 80s... so she obviously believes the allegations against him...my question is if she knew of this and thought that jimmy saville was a threat to children why the hell did she not report him to the authorities..expecially as she launched child line in 1986....it sucks if you ask me...talk about not putting her money where her mouth is....

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#24 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:25 pm

Lyn

Which is exactly what I have been saying all along, if these people have known about this all along then why wait until over a year after his death to do anything? If it had been me I had information I wouldn't have rested until the police or somebody took action. In my opinion if he is guilty they are as guilty as him.

phil
Last edited Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:51 pm | Top

#25 by astoness , Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:26 pm

Quote: phil wrote in post #24
Lyn

Which is exactly what I have been saying all along, if these people have known about this all along then why wait until over a year after his death to do anything? If it had been me I had information I wouldn't have rested until the police or somebody took action. In my opinion if he is guilty they are as guilty as him.

agreed phil.. and my last word on the subject is...if he had been upto no good how the hell could he carry on for 40 years after raising god knows how much for charity and not have a nervous breakdown at the thought of it all coming out...just dont ring true to me...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#26 by lynne webb , Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:30 pm

I maybe wrong but I thought Childline was set up for children to tell someone if something not right was happening, so where could these children go to report what had happened to them in the early 70s.

lynne webb
Date registered 10.05.2011

#27 by astoness , Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:48 pm

it was lynne and they were inundated with children phoning up saying they had been sexually abused...i know that the ones reported to do with jimmy saville couldnt use that hot line in the 70s but what i was trying to say is as a supporter and fore runner of childline in the 80s and if she really thought that children were at risk with saville at that time then why didnt she report him...thereby standing by what she stood for...its all a strange affair is this...i still cant see what his accusers hope to gain from all this..certainly nowt from jimmy saville but maybe a few grand from the tabloids..i just find it very sad that the accused cant face his accusers in court...

i reckon there should a law against accusing people who are dead...these woman had their chance to speak up and they didnt...if there had been enough of them he would soon have been taken to court no matter who he was...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#28 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:34 pm

Lyn

If one of them had come forward and their story was believable enough, the police would have investigated. If the police investigated him a few years back, somebody must have made a complaint. Where is that complainant now?

phil
Last edited Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:50 pm | Top

#29 by lynne webb , Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:52 pm

I remember years ago boys making complaints about Priests abusing them and nothing was ever done, but now even the Pope has apologized for what happened. Those priests will be dead now so does that make it OK.

lynne webb
Date registered 10.05.2011

#30 by Deleted User , Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:03 pm

Gary Glitter was talked about and Saville supported him........every body loved Gary including me.

Last edited Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:49 pm | Top

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor