Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Birmingham Transport

#16 by signman ( deleted ) , Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:35 am

They still run carriages in Central Park in New York.

Attached pictures:
You do not have the necessary rights to view attached pictures
signman

#17 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:48 am

Mike

I you would have to look pretty hard to find a sett road today, but there are still a few left I believe. One of the last I can remember was Sampson St North, Sparkbrook. Though I believe they saved a piece at the back of the Council House with some tram track.

John

There are lots of modern cities all over the world that still have horse drawn carriages. I just think that Birmingham as usual is missing out big time.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#18 by mikejee , Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:16 am

I wouldn't disagree that there might be a market. I was only saying that old roads might have resulted in a rough journey by our standards/ another place that has horses drawn carraiges (or carraige, I'm not sure if there is more than one) is York. That seemed to be doing good business last time i was there.
Mike

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#19 by Deleted User , Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:02 am

Can you imagine a poor horse having to negotiate Brum city centre??

Would be nice to have some around the park areas maybe??

#20 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:32 am

Denise

This is what I was suggesting horse drawn carriage rides around some of our premier parks. Aston Park, Handsworth Park, Cannon Hill Park, Sutton Park or any of the others. It could only add to the attractiveness of these parks.

I often take a ride along the front at Skegness there are great queues there to take advantage of these rides. I'm sure I have seen similar rides in other towns. I know you can ride from the sea front at Torquay to Cockinton Village in a carriage this is another excellent ride.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#21 by Sheldonboy , Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:15 pm

Nice carriage ride on the Isle of Wight, Osbourne House grounds, from the gift shop to the house, and return. SB

Do not take life too seriously - you are not going to get out of it alive anyway.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

RE:BIRMINGHAM BUSES MOAN

#22 by Sheldonboy , Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:43 pm

Why when some people board a bus, do they have to stand at the front right by the luggage rack. These brainless, thoughtless idiots stand in the narrowest part of the bus, even when there are empty seats. Some of these ignorant, thick losers actually sit on the luggage rack. This practice could be a danger because they block an emergency exit. My message to them : Thanks guys I hope your parents get married. SB

Do not take life too seriously - you are not going to get out of it alive anyway.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#23 by mikejee , Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:54 pm

No I don't agree with you there. If they got married they might produce more of them
Mike

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member

#24 by Sheldonboy , Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:08 am

Good point Mike

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#25 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:45 pm

SB

I thought the luggage rack was at the rear of the bus by the entrance and the stairs?

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#26 by mikejee , Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:40 pm

Phil
I don't think you have been on a bus in a long time . The entrance is at the front by the driver now
Mike

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member

#27 by Sheldonboy , Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:11 pm

No Phil that's where the Conductor used to stand.SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#28 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:23 pm

SB

I'm taking about under the stairs, it used to have a little safety rail around it so you couldn't sit there.

Mike

I will be honest, it's many a long year since I have been on a Birmingham bus. I think twice in 1984 (when I got banned for D&D and my lift didn't turn up) and before that it would have been C1970. But I have sat behind many over the years watching the changes.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#29 by Sheldonboy , Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:56 pm

You may be surprised to hear that they arn' t pulled by horses anymore.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#30 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:15 pm

SB

You jest of course?

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Aircraft

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor