Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Garretts Green - Sheldon

#16 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:17 pm

I wonder where the name Donkeys Hollow came from, because they seem to be all over the place. I have heard many green patches where kids gathered together to play called Donkeys Hollow. The one I used the most was at the back of Cannon Hill Park and could also be reached via the bottom of Moor Green Lane. Of course it has been built on now.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#17 by Deleted User , Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:06 pm

I have never heard of Donkey's Hollow.

#18 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:14 pm

Denise

Thats because you are posh and you weren't allowed to play with us rough kids. I'm surprised that SB was allowed to get his white pumps dirty playing in the mud.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#19 by Sheldonboy , Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:41 am

Phil if I had known at the time that you didn't have shoes I would have sent you my old ones, those clogs must have been awful..

Do not take life too seriously - you are not going to get out of it alive anyway.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#20 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:39 pm

The trouble with Sheldon is, the idle rich with lots of time on their hands have always trespassed into our stamping grounds and used our pubs because they have a better time and enjoy themselves more.

The usual trouble then, is that they have too much to drink and start causing trouble so we have to force them back on to a bus back to Sheldon. Because lets face it who would go back there voluntary.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

Attached pictures:
You do not have the necessary rights to view attached pictures
phil

#21 by Deleted User , Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:45 pm

Must admit not much happened in Sheldon compared to you BH lot LOL

#22 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:58 pm

Denise

One thing about Balsall Heath "All human life was there" If it didn't happen there, then it didn't happen anywhere.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#23 by Sheldonboy , Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:57 am

Oh yes Balsall Heath now lets see what happened to it's most famous road. Varna wasn't it, and what happened to that. SB

Arguing with an idiot is like teaching a pig to sing. It's a waste of your time, and it only annoys the pig!

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#24 by Deleted User , Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:56 am

Gosh you going back SB,talk about back of Rackhams,you never hear that these days do you?

I always think of Sheldon with affection and Moseley.

#25 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:07 pm

SB

Here we have another example of the poorly informed little rich boy sounding off on a subject that they know very little about. Its time for a little history lesson. Varna Rd, Princess Rd and Alexander Rd were all west of the River Rea and therefore were part of another rich area of Birmingham namely Edgbaston.

They were only allowed to be clumped in with Balsall Heath when they gained a reputation as a red light area. They were never in fact a part of Balsall Heath.

The housing in those streets was quite nice and was nothing like the housing of most of Balsall Heath. When the council demolished them just to get rid of the red light area it was an act of legal vandalism. Take a look at these two photos and you will see just what I mean they are a sort of before and after. Only in this case it is the before that is best.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

Attached pictures:
phil

#26 by Deleted User , Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:43 pm

You are right Phil.

#27 by Sheldonboy , Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:21 pm

Phil if you thought I was a poor little rich boy, you know absolutely nothing about me.

Arguing with an idiot is like teaching a pig to sing. It's a waste of your time, and it only annoys the pig!

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#28 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:34 pm

Now SB

What I said was "poorly informed little rich boy" Whereas I was a streetwise scruffy poor little urchin, and thats only what my mom called me.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#29 by signman ( deleted ) , Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:24 pm

This is simply entitled Garretts Green Lane, it's from the collection in the ART GALLERY, here's the link, Phil, there's a couple of Gt .Brook St.
http://www.bmagic.org.uk/browse/collecti...al+Views?page=6

Attached pictures:
signman

#30 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:02 pm

John

I had seen that collection before, I like the one of Vauxhall Station and the one of Great Brooke St with the partially demolished house.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Hockley, Spring Hill & Brookfields

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor