Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: T E L E V I S I O N

#31 by Sheldonboy , Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:01 pm

Hi Den please see PM

If all else fails Read the instructions

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#32 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:59 am

Denise

Whilst I agree that no names were mentioned and PJ was very reserved in what he said, I would like to point out that I was not censuring you or PJ in any way. The thing is if we want a trouble free forum it is far better that we point out where things may be going off track a little, rather than wait until the waggon comes off the track altogether.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#33 by Deleted User , Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:24 pm

Point taken Phil

#34 by Deleted User , Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:12 pm

Talking about Television.........watched that film the Day After Tommorow last night.What a good film.When everything iced over reminded me of my place here LOL

#35 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:20 pm

I spent most of last night watching Cd's of Stargate Universe the television series. I think I mentioned before that I am a Sci Fi nut.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#36 by Sheldonboy , Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:36 pm

But has your wife got a Sci Fi Spanner..

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Last edited 01.31.2010 | Top

#37 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:22 pm

She would need more than a spanner to get me out of the chair when a good Sci Fi film is on. Unless she threw it at the screen, and she is capable of that.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#38 by Sheldonboy , Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:40 pm

Talking about Sci-Fi Phil can you remember Flash Gordon with Buster Crabbe. With the Space ships having sparks coming out of the rear end.
Some time later we had LOST IN SPACE on the telly with just the worst acting we ever saw anywhere.
Then a lot further on we had Mork and Mindy.
Not forgetting the long running and superb Doctor Who.
Are these the sort of Science Fiction programmes you mean Phil.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Last edited 02.01.2010 | Top

#39 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:24 pm

Now you are taking the P aren't you?. Though the last couple of Dr Who series have not been that bad the bits I have seen of them. I still haven't watched a complete episode though.

There have been quite a few American TV series over the last few years that I have liked. Star Trek Generations, Star Trek Voyager. I wasn't keen on Star Trek DS9 or Star Trek Enterprise. I think all the Stargate series are fantastic SG1 being the best.

I didn't like any of the Star Wars films, but thought all of the Star Trek films great.

I could go on all night, but I won't bore you.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#40 by Sheldonboy , Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:44 pm

Feel Free Phil, the reason I am involved with forums,
"Your experience is my education".
I am not a great film watcher, mainly due to lack of time, I am usually impressed with a good S/F film. I didn't like the Star Wars films either. Though I did meet David Prowse (Darth Vader) a printing firm I worked for print his publicity pictures. (we also did em for old Pat Roach too, he was a nice guy). I run a mile at the thought of disaster movies. Jaws and the Posidon Adventure leave me cold. SB (me take the P have you got the right bloke)

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#41 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:16 pm

SB

I knew Pat Roach as well, while he was still wrestling he used to act as a minder for a cockney spiv (not a nice man) that had half interest in an illegal gambling club that I used in Balsall Heath the other half was owned by a mate of mine. He was in there quite a lot and I often chatted with him. I don't think at that time he had a clue what was in store for him. He was just an ordinary chap the same as anybody else trying to makes ends meet. This was around 1963.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#42 by Deleted User , Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:49 pm

Good film on TV this afternoon

Winston.......his young years....something like that.

Enjoyed it

#43 by Sheldonboy , Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:33 pm

Sounds good, I had my usual job of touring round the shops in our fair city today, mind you I did get a pint in the Wellington. SB

Do not take life too seriously - you are not going to get out of it alive anyway.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Last edited 02.06.2010 | Top

#44 by Deleted User , Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:10 pm

Good pub

#45 by Sheldonboy , Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:31 pm

Iv'e taken it as my local when I am in town now, I feel comfortable in there. SB

Do not take life too seriously - you are not going to get out of it alive anyway.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Odds and Sods

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor