Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Our Politicians.

#16 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:44 am

Steph & Denise

I don't think we will ever see a viable alternative to the parties we have now. Not in our lifetime anyhow, it just makes me shudder when I think what the future holds when we have only the choice of different types of Tory to vote for.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#17 by mollymandysb , Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:42 pm

oh, yes i dread to think what the future holds for our children and grand children. there is a different culture growing, not so much as people inheriting wealth and looking down on others less fortunate but the group of people that dont want to work at all costs and expect the state to keep them. then we have the group of people that just want to be like the celebrities - why for goodness sake are some of them celebrities - some are celebrities for actually being stupid and proud of it.

i actually had a bit of a fall out with one of my step children because the girl, who is eleven was wearing a micro mini skirt, make up, accessories, and all i can say about the shoes is that they were silly shoe in fibrant pink, when asked a question, she pouts nd says she's having a blond day. i told them to nip it in the bud and get her to concentrate on some sort of education - it does not matter to me what jobs people do - iv done all sorts from being a legal secretary, recruitment consultant, running a shipping office, to cleaning factories and toilets.

i dont suppose we will ever see it come right - if it ever does.

steph

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb
Date registered 08.11.2011

#18 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:39 pm

Steph

I know what you mean, 11 year old is a bit young to go about dressed like that. My kids and grandkids know what I will accept and will not accept. Most of the girl grandchildren are either adults or well into their teens now and if they are dressed in a manner they think I wouldn't approve of then they simply do not come near. The lads I am happy to say are like their granddad just dress smartly and don't give a fig about fashion.

Not that I approve or disapprove of any sort of dress, the only thing I will ever disapprove of is if an article of dress is indecent or too revealing.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#19 by Sheldonboy , Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:28 pm

Posted by phil
Steph

I know what you mean, 11 year old is a bit young to go about dressed like that. My kids and grandkids know what I will accept and will not accept. Most of the girl grandchildren are either adults or well into their teens now and if they are dressed in a manner they think I wouldn't approve of then they simply do not come near. The lads I am happy to say are like their granddad just dress smartly and don't give a fig about fashion.

Not that I approve or disapprove of any sort of dress, the only thing I will ever disapprove of is if an article of dress is indecent or too revealing.

Phil

Phil and Molly
I understand what you say about not wanting to vote, and you certainly don't want to vote for the other lot (whoever they are).
What I have advocated for a long time now is an option to Abstain when you go to the Polls.
Just not going and not voting just makes everyone talk of Apathy.
If 30-40% or more of the votes cast were for abstentions all of the parties would have to sit up and think WE WANT THOSE VOTES.
Instead a lot of people go for the protest vote which can lead to a disaster such as the bunch of physchopathic moronic Muppets that are in power today.
So if the protest voters and some of the none voters went to vote to Abstain eventually we may see a different clearer picture. SB

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#20 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:01 pm

I really am in a quandary, because all my life I have said to people who told me that they couldn't be bothered to vote, "then you have no right to complain when the government enacts a policy that you don't like".

Now here I am not having voted for over 14 years (I did vote in the Alternative Vote referendum) It is not because I'm too idle or just don't feel like it. It's because there is no one worthy of my vote. If England was one of these countries where it is illegal not to vote. I suppose I would have to spoil my vote, because nobody in this world could force me to vote for any of these comedians.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil
Last edited Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:00 pm | Top

#21 by mollymandysb , Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:13 pm

I know exactly what you mean, my sentiments entirely. as a woman i feel really bad because i know women fought really hard for the vote.

also my great grand was a very strong labour/union man he was born in 1878 and died 1969 he fought so hard for so many things and was certainly involved in the general strike.

his grand father could not read and write andwas an ag lab up in cheshire, they then moved into the salt mines. my great grand father taught himself to read and write welsh at a later stage in his life.

i miss him a lot i was 20 when he passed away and when ever i went to visit no matter who the boy i was with at the time, he would be veted ' what do you do for a living sonny and what union are you in'. i for my part have never dated nor married anyone that did not vote labour.

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb
Date registered 08.11.2011

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
I Know He Isn't Fit To Run The Country But Even So....

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor