Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Messy Birmingham

#31 by Sheldonboy , Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:33 pm

This isn't a strike it's a work to rule. If there is a valid reason, which this one arguably has and the workforce democratically vote for a strike, as an ex union officer I can back that. It means that the union members are prepared to accept a degree of hardship to persue their cause. As these weak kneed yobs are working most of their hours and presumably getting most of their pay the only people suffering is the public, the people are paying 100% of the cash they are being payed.
Also if they are only missing 2or 3 hours a day how come the collections are not just late instead of in some areas they are totally missing.
Thankfully our wonderful neighbour from across the road has taken our Household rubbish from across to the tip for us as he knows we don't have a car. What a Saint.
So even with my Union Background I have no sympathy with this shower whatsoever.

The email of the species is more deadly than the mail.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#32 by Voltman , Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:29 pm

Quote: astoness wrote in post #18
well i am going to suggest the council sack my usual gang and employ the temps who came on friday (should have been monday)...they put all the household waste and the recycle into one wagon and then came down to my front door and collected 3 big bags of garden waste and slung that in as well..now thats what i call service...[Skipping Happy] did you also know that if you lift the lid of your wheelies there is a code and everytime your bins are emptied comptuters can tell how heavy the bins are and can also tell which house number it belongs to...

Here it is Astoness

The David Hey's Collection of Railway Photographs
Calendars for all years
British Movietone

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 08.04.2017 | Top

#33 by Voltman , Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:33 pm

Quote: Sheldonboy wrote in post #31
This isn't a strike it's a work to rule. If there is a valid reason, which this one arguably has and the workforce democratically vote for a strike, as an ex union officer I can back that. It means that the union members are prepared to accept a degree of hardship to persue their cause. As these weak kneed yobs are working most of their hours and presumably getting most of their pay the only people suffering is the public, the people are paying 100% of the cash they are being payed.
Also if they are only missing 2or 3 hours a day how come the collections are not just late instead of in some areas they are totally missing.
Thankfully our wonderful neighbour from across the road has taken our Household rubbish from across to the tip for us as he knows we don't have a car. What a Saint.
So even with my Union Background I have no sympathy with this shower whatsoever.

I have a car but it isn't getting any crap in it. Particularly not when there is plenty of scope for chucking it in a heap on the street corner.[This is Rubbish]
I heard that in one street only one house got a collection, I wonder if it was a bin persons house?
The reason for one house having their bin empty is usual union practice. No one can say that their street hasn't had any collections.

Calendars for all years
British Movietone

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

Last edited 08.06.2017 | Top

#34 by astoness , Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:05 am

no collection for us at all this week..on principal there is absolutely no chance of us ferrying out rubbish to the tip in a brand new car.or any other for that matter..they aint making a mug out of me...why should we make it easier for the council when we still pay full council tax most of which goes to them..wheres our discount for services NOT rendered.. they would be quick enough sending us nasty letters if we fell behind with out council tax payments...

PROUD BRUMMIE

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

Last edited 08.05.2017 | Top

#35 by Cleopatra , Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:13 pm

Believe me this is the thin end of the wedge!

Cleopatra
Date registered 02.01.2014

#36 by astoness , Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:40 pm

last collection here was friday 28th july..rammed as much as i can into the wheelie lid only half closed..tomorrow i shall have to put a black bag along side of the bin...no point keeping the extra bags out the back as we dont know when they will turn up and im not having them piled up in my back garden..

PROUD BRUMMIE

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#37 by Sheldonboy , Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:17 pm

We actually had a collection yesterday morning, that's probably it now until this lot go back to work. I hope they all get a dose of something nasty from the old rubbish when they do.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#38 by astoness , Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:54 pm

list here of the wards due a clean up...mine is not on the list..i have just put my first black bag out the front next to the wheelie bin..i have double bagged it to try and stop anything ripping it open and to cut down any smells

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/mid...-clean-13453439

PROUD BRUMMIE

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

Last edited 08.09.2017 | Top

#39 by Voltman , Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:17 pm

The rat population will be soaring this summer, if it wasn't for cats we would be tripping over them in the streets.

Calendars for all years
British Movietone

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#40 by astoness , Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:13 am

Quote: Voltman wrote in post #39
The rat population will be soaring this summer, if it wasn't for cats we would be tripping over them in the streets.

we should be ok volty having 5 cats[Little LOL]

PROUD BRUMMIE

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#41 by Sheldonboy , Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:21 pm

Our cat George is not allowed out for health reasons, but our time share cat brings us gifts. we have had the odd bird but last week my wife opened up the back door and called me. She said Bob had brought us a baby mouse. On closer inspection I said that is no mouse, it's pointed face obviously made it a baby Rat.
So far it's the only one we wait in eager anticipation for the next hundred.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#42 by astoness , Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:45 pm

2 weeks today since our last collection..black bag no 2 will be going out tomorrow...some have not had collections for 6 weeks..as it it plainly obvious that this is now becoming a big health hazard i say sack the lot of them and take on the temps permanently..either that or sack the council or better still sack both..

PROUD BRUMMIE

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

Last edited 08.11.2017 | Top

#43 by Sheldonboy , Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:02 pm

Better still shoot the bloody lot and give the Cemetery staff some overtime.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#44 by astoness , Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:11 pm

agreed its getting really bad now

PROUD BRUMMIE

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#45 by Sheldonboy , Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:31 pm

The latest we have heard is that we may be getting three weekly collections up until Christmas. Considering we also recently heard that Brum council were considering Fortnightly collections before this strike started, it makes me wonder if the the city scumbags are engineering this mess to suit themselves.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor