Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#1021 by astoness , Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:27 pm

Posted by mikejee
Phil
All the isms are amde up by whoever wants to stir it.
John
Do i hear correctly that the council tax in your area is going down next year ?. I reckon that means they will be sacking the road maintenance people and press ganging residents to mend the roads to make up for it

mike ive just hear that birmingham city council are sacking 2000 workers and closing care homes...the museum and art gallery will be hit and also the closure of libraries....just great...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#1022 by Sheldonboy , Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:27 pm

Posted by denise
Turned out lovely here this afternoon.Able to do a bit in the museum garden and have a little walk to spot the new bulbs coming through.

Denise as you have to do a bit in the Museum Garden, have they shut the toilets there too then? [Little LOL]

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#1023 by Deleted User , Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:31 pm

[Hammers]

#1024 by Sheldonboy , Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:36 pm

Oh Blimey not you too.[Help]

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#1025 by Deleted User , Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:39 pm

Don't it all make your blood boil,when I went to the volunteers meeting last week we were told our grant from the council had been cut by a huge amount.

Many small Museum's like ours are closing but we are determined to stay open and will host as many events as we can.All the volunteers work very hard so the council really have a place that attracts tourism to the city on the cheap as it is.

#1026 by Sheldonboy , Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:40 pm

Posted by astoness

Posted by mikejee
Phil
John
Do i hear correctly that the council tax in your area is going down next year ?. I reckon that means they will be sacking the road maintenance people and press ganging residents to mend the roads to make up for it

mike ive just hear that birmingham city council are sacking 2000 workers and closing care homes...the museum and art gallery will be hit and also the closure of libraries....just great...

I think we could do with an Egypt situation, Mubarak went today.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#1027 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:02 pm

Posted by mikejee
Phil
John

Mike

Do you want to work it out, I think the government is taking £120 million in grants off the Council, but giving them £8 million back to subsidise the rates. Those figures are off the top of my head but they are something like that. Makes little difference to me mate. I'm Solihull a different Council.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#1028 by astoness , Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:06 pm

Posted by denise
[Hammers]

oh well done den..think i shall follow it up[Hammers]...we have let SB get away with far to much of late....sorry to here about the cuts...and yes it does make my blood boil...[Lyn]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#1029 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:07 pm

Lyn

I heard that the BMAG might start charging an entrance fee again. I'm sure I remember when the tried that before and it was an abject failure.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#1030 by berniew , Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:27 pm

I heard on the news that 7300 jobs are to be cut in brum 4000 directly employed and 3300 indirectly Brum will be a ghost town the way they are going .

berniew  
berniew
Date registered 12.28.2009

#1031 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:34 pm

I think very shortly that we will all be asking what we are paying rates for. It will be just to keep a few select civil servants and politicians in jobs, because we will be getting precious little in the way of service.

Phil.

Make Love, Not War

phil

#1032 by Sheldonboy , Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:36 pm

Posted by astoness

Posted by denise
[Hammers]

oh well done den..think i shall follow it up[Hammers]...we have let SB get away with far to much of late....sorry to here about the cuts...and yes it does make my blood boil...[Lyn]

Now look here you two, I'm not having this from the girls class. Far too much stroppiness. A bit of decorum please and just remember your place. SB [Hiding]

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#1033 by berniew , Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:29 pm

Too late to complain now SB they have sacked the equal rights woman in the job cuts , you'll just have to join the big society and sort it out yourself

berniew  
berniew

#1034 by Sheldonboy , Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:31 pm

Posted by berniew
Too late to complain now SB they have sacked the equal rights woman in the job cuts , you'll just have to join the big society and sort it out yourself

Thanks for the backup pal. are you trying to get round THOSE two.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#1035 by berniew , Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:48 pm

Have just joined Davids big society SB like all good citizens should do when none of them have jobs because of the cuts , where's your community spirit

berniew  
berniew

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor