Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#946 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:01 pm

SB

I enjoyed myself more when I had nothing than I ever did in later life when I was financialy comfortable.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#947 by Deleted User , Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:19 pm

Goodnight or Good morning.....

#948 by Sheldonboy , Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:04 am

Posted by phil
SB

I enjoyed myself more when I had nothing than I ever did in later life when I was financialy comfortable.

Phil

Phil I think most of us can say that, when we didn't have much I think we did a lot more on the spur of the moment/grabbing opportunity's etc. I we stopped to think about too much we probably wouldn't have dared.

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

Last edited 02.09.2011 | Top

#949 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:07 am

One of the best times I ever had in my life was when we spent three days in London. The total cost for me and my mate was ten bob (50p) that included everything, accommodation, food, transport, and entertainment. That was in the 60's before it got to be the dump that it is today.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#950 by Deleted User , Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:15 pm

Afternoon every body.Dull day but at least the wind seems to have gone now.

Bit of a dull day all round ,nothing exciting happening.

#951 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:29 pm

Denise

That all depends on where you look for excitement!

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#952 by Sheldonboy , Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:20 am

Good morning all, I hope to get on here more tonight than I have lately. Yesterday I had an early start and then a School meeting until 9pm. so I came in and went straight to bed. Brummies Talking seems to be getting very quiet. It would be a sad shame to lose it. Have a good day everyone SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#953 by Voltman , Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:15 am

Good Mornings.

CATS leave paw prints on your HEART.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#954 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:30 am

Morning all,

Yes SB it gets a bit disheartening to come on day after day and now night after night and talk to myself, so I took a page out of everybody else's book last night and had a night off. I think as I said last week if the few members that we have do not support the forum more then we are going to loose it.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#955 by Sheldonboy , Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:25 pm

Well Phill, I don't intend to lose it easily, so I will be on as often as I can. Unfortunately with respect to my job and my wife, that can't be as often as I would like. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#956 by signman ( deleted ) , Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:58 pm

The problem is (I think) of the seven regular posters,there's only 3 of us not working in a regular job, as far as I know.
When I'm not doing a bit of work, I have all the time in the world, but if there's no one else to converse with that's it.
I have always been an early morning person, I'm afraid I don't do much at the computer in the evenings, preferring to read, or watch a documentery.

signman

#957 by signman ( deleted ) , Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:59 pm

Anyone seen this a fly through of the new library, looks quite interesting.http://www.birminghammail.net/multimedia...97319-28108051/

signman

#958 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:23 pm

In a nutshell, "I don't like it" there again there are not many new buildings that I do like. I still say they should have used Baskerville House with a sympathetic extension.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#959 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:30 pm

Getting back to the forum I know everybody is not as lucky as me or unlucky from my point of view to have as much spare time for the forum as I do. The thing is while we are as few in numbers as we are, if we want to keep the forum going then we have to find the time to use it. Because if visitors do look at the site and find nothing happening all the time then they are not going to bother to join.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#960 by signman ( deleted ) , Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:08 pm

There has been some sort of a shooting incident on the seafront by the pier, all roads are blocked at the moment and traffic at a standstill.

signman

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Open All Hours 2010

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor