#8221 by astoness , Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:14 am

YES...[Little LOL]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#8222 by astoness , Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:21 am

right im off now...have a good day all...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#8223 by Frothy , Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:24 am

Had a couple of pints of Gorilla ( lovely stuff)
Did you know they have a bouncer on the the door now. We were undecided whether to get the Bus or Taxi.Went outside, there was a Taxi waiting outside and the bouncer opened the door for us and said good night to us. Very posh for the Cliften

http://frothblowers.co.uk/

Frothy
Date registered 07.15.2010

#8224 by Sheldonboy , Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:33 am

Mornin Froth
If I had a pub in that area I would want doormen.

Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have spent most of life trying to save.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#8225 by Frothy , Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:39 am

Posted by Sheldonboy
Mornin Froth
If I had a pub in that area I would want doormen.

Morning SB. It's not too bad if you keep on the beaten track

http://frothblowers.co.uk/

Frothy
Date registered 07.15.2010

#8226 by Sheldonboy , Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:47 am

Not the fault of the pub or the area, it some of the crowd who may drift from town.

Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have spent most of life trying to save.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#8227 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:56 am

Morning all

Just got back from Kings Heath High St, what a dreary place it is now. It used to be so lively and friendly, now it is just packed, the reason why we went early and got back early.

I see there are complaints in todays Birmingham Mail about the German Market this year. People are saying that it is now too big, and the police are saying that crime rates have risen drastically with 20 crimes reported in the first two weeks compared to 23 in the whole 6 weeks last year.

Also people are saying that it is full of lager louts, mainly because drinkers are allowed to take their drinks anywhere in the market area. I find that rather strange as most of the rest of the town centre is a drink free area.

Phil

phil

#8228 by astoness , Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:03 pm

Posted by phil
Morning all

Just got back from Kings Heath High St, what a dreary place it is now. It used to be so lively and friendly, now it is just packed, the reason why we went early and got back early.

I see there are complaints in todays Birmingham Mail about the German Market this year. People are saying that it is now too big, and the police are saying that crime rates have risen drastically with 20 crimes reported in the first two weeks compared to 23 in the whole 6 weeks last year.

Also people are saying that it is full of lager louts, mainly because drinkers are allowed to take their drinks anywhere in the market area. I find that rather strange as most of the rest of the town centre is a drink free area.

Phil

i was there last year phil and were told that drinks had to be consumed at the place where bought from...just got back from town and the market now stretched further down towards the bull ring..im sure it didnt go that far down last year...think it started at corporation st corner up to the town hall..at 10 oclock this morning police were dealing with a very irate man complaining about the foreign band of singers who were in the high st with the money tin out....

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#8229 by mollymandysb , Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:16 pm

morning all

back from north wales, you think its cold here, the air inthe mountains was so crips i thought i was in the artic. one train ran late so missed all the connections then the train i got from wrexham was packed all the way back to new street. aunty was in high spirits and knew who i was and had good day seeing other relatives. so tired last night think i will have a duvet day today.

well done to everyone who has raised money for charities, although without wishing to offend anyone 'cus i dont mean to, i wish these essential items were given automatically to people, hospices should not be a charity it should be part of the nhs, but its not. so well done to everyone.

where is the clifton, make allowances for me cus i dont know you all as well as you know each other.

i know what phil means about kings heath, used to be a nice shopping area now very drab, northfield gone the same.

steph

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb
Date registered 08.11.2011

#8230 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:02 pm

Morning Steph

My view is that we shouldn't need to give to any charity in this country, there should not need to be any cause in this country that need s to go begging on the streets. Perhaps if we did not give so much in foreign aid which in reality is only buying good will for this country and rarely goes to the causes it is supposed to, then we could look after our own people better.

It really gets my goat that none of the national lottery proceeds can go to our hospitals, and most of all not even to the hospices for children. Its why I stopped doing the lottery years back. I don't know if this new lottery is a good idea or not, I am waiting to see where the money goes because I won't help to pay to prop up the NHS which I have paid my dues to over the years.

Phil

phil

#8231 by mikejee , Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:45 pm

Phil
I understand your point, and , to a large extent, agree to it, but with regards to the lottery, then if they did give momey to NHS projects, then all this, a probably all, governments would do would be to reduce the amount they put in by an equivalent amount. An awful lot has already been wasted on trying to encourage people to take up physical activity, which has now nbeen abandoned. I bet most of this money came from the lottery, and then only reason form it is beuuase of this pernicious desire of governments (of all sorts ) to have the olympics in their country. Nothing wrong with that if it is a genuine amateur competition, but plenty wrong when it is mainly to boost the egos of politicians and the vastly overpaid and overcompensated members of the endless llolympic committees who even think they (and the "sponsors") should trravel in their own car lanes. Let them all travel in cattle trucks, away from decent people.
I should perhaps now issue a statement that i have no connection to the lottery or any sport and thus have no conflicting interests !

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#8232 by astoness , Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:14 pm

evening all...hope you all had a good day...bit nippy out but at lease we had no rain..

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#8233 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:44 pm

Mike

As far as I am concerned it would matter nowt to me if there never was another Olympic games. As I say I am not in favour of the NHS being propped up by the National Lottery but it does give me a bilious feeling in the pit of my stomach to see that the "Arts" can be funded with millions of pounds a year while hospices like the Acorns get nowt and have to rely on charity.

Phil

phil

#8234 by mollymandysb , Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:02 pm

i agree with you both, dont do the lottery either.

apparently its snowing in north wales, small flakes but snowing. i v only ventured out to give the birds some seed, stayed in in my pjs and had a duvet day, was so tired after yesterday. the train from redditch to new street now takes nearly 1 hr, whereas before it took just over half, then the train to wrexham took 1 and 1/2 (arriva trains are not too bad) then another local train to the village, i could have gone somewhere really nice for the amount of time it took me, still aunty liked to see me.

steph

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb
Date registered 08.11.2011

#8235 by Sheldonboy , Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:11 pm

Posted by phil
Mike

As far as I am concerned it would matter nowt to me if there never was another Olympic games. As I say I am not in favour of the NHS being propped up by the National Lottery but it does give me a bilious feeling in the pit of my stomach to see that the "Arts" can be funded with millions of pounds a year while hospices like the Acorns get nowt and have to rely on charity.

Phil

Phil the chosen charity for the B,Ham St. Georges Day Association is the John Taylor Hospice. We hope to raise £1000
The sad fact is that this Hospice costs £12000 per day to run.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor