Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#766 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:46 pm

SB

But you are not the only member of the forum, and nobody is saying that anybody has to be on here for hours on end. But I come on here on and off all day and there is hardly ever anybody on here of late. It seems to have dropped off drastically since Christmas. Up until the we were consistently at the top of Xobors top 500 websites. Since then I don't think we have been top once, in fact we have trouble maintaining the top ten.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#767 by Sheldonboy , Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:08 pm

You are absolutely correct Phil, as you know I keep saying we need some new members, some new and fresh blood I would be happier if we could double our membership, it would increase the chance of finding someone else on line. my main problem is my hours of work I get up early and usually go to bed around 9-9.30pm. I used to enjoy coming on early morning before going to work but was criticised for it. I had a meeting on Monday ( I attend several ) and I was out last night, I actually really enjoy visiting this forum and I think we are a good bunch of friends. Now we can't all be on here at the same time (God forbid) it would be a great shame if it was to fail. I think it unlikely what we have to do is until we can increase membership, if we visit the site and it's quiet, just accept it, just leave a comment and come back later. SB

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#768 by Deleted User , Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:11 pm

Hi all,forums go through busy times and quiet times,I can remember at one time it was only a few of us posting on the Birmingham forum.

SB I hope you don't think really that people go offline because you have come on,you daft thing you.I tend to jump in and out because I tend to be doing other things as well

Phil I don't think you are flogging a dead horse LOL

#769 by Sheldonboy , Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:14 pm

Posted by denise
Hi all,forums go through busy times and quiet times,I can remember at one time it was only a few of us posting on the Birmingham forum.

SB I hope you don't think really that people go offline because you have come on,you daft thing you.I tend to jump in and out because I tend to be doing other things as well

Phil I don't think you are flogging a dead horse LOL

No Den of course that's not what I mean. What I try to do is see who is on line and speak to them. The sometimes they disapear.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#770 by Deleted User , Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:15 pm

SB if you enjoy coming on early morning then do so.

Your posting times are your affair.

#771 by Deleted User , Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:19 pm

Graham in my own way of coming on line I may have a meal cooking or something going on and it just don't work out sometimes that you can get into a chat.sometimes I may be over the dog walk yet I am still on line if you see what I mean.it takes so long for this old girl of a computer to boot up I am reluctant to log off LOL

#772 by astoness , Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:20 pm

i agree with you SB and den...phil i also spend a lot of time talking to meself and also a lot answering meself back...[Little LOL]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#773 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:21 pm

Nobody knows better than me that all forums have quiet times, of course they do. When I write up the results of the survey I have a few suggestions of my own that I will make. Yes I also think that our main problems is shortage of members. So that is something we have to get around. We have to ask why other forums do nit seem to have a problem attracting new
members. Even the ones with far less daily posts than this one manage to attract new members daily. I also have a theory about this as well, but these are issues that we must address if we want the forum to succeed.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#774 by astoness , Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:22 pm

Posted by denise

den..i like it when SB posts early cos if i am online i can batter him..sort of gives me a good start to the day[Funny]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#775 by Sheldonboy , Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:23 pm

Posted by denise

I would like to say this was by no means all about me, I have just been speaking generally. I do receive pm's from other people with varying views. Everyone should do what they want.

Phil I hav'nt had a chance to reply to the survey. mainly because I have been reading it and re reading it. I am happy with the forum as it is, it has been fine tuned over 12 months and although some may find change favourable, I wouldn't like to see change just for changes sake. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#776 by Sheldonboy , Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:25 pm

Posted by astoness

Posted by denise

den..i like it when SB posts early cos if i am online i can batter him..sort of gives me a good start to the day[Funny]

Put your Flickknife back in your hand bag woman Goodnight

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#777 by Deleted User , Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:26 pm

Lyn,nothing like battering SB first thing in the morning to start the day off right LOL

#778 by astoness , Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:27 pm

i also like things as they are phil...

night SB

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#779 by astoness , Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:29 pm

Posted by denise
Lyn,nothing like battering SB first thing in the morning to start the day off right LOL

dont think he minds that much den...

nighty night...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#780 by berniew , Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:49 pm

I have noticed on other forums that boast thousands of members only a very small percentage ever bother to post . It's a friendly place here and you may change the feel of it by attracting more members . On BF a few weeks ago there was an influx of members who were quite aggressive and although it livened things up briefly could have caused quite a bit of bad feeling . I'm sure we can all look after ourselves but a bad atmosphere probably wouldn't help then again you can't handpick your membership

berniew  
berniew
Date registered 12.28.2009

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor