Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#3661 by signman ( deleted ) , Sat May 28, 2011 5:14 am

Morning.

signman

#3662 by astoness , Sat May 28, 2011 7:34 am

morning all...dark and cloudy here in brum.....looks like i wont get the front garden tidied up today...[Frowning]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#3663 by Sheldonboy , Sat May 28, 2011 8:01 am

Good morning everyone, Late start to the day for me. Had a very hard week. Not doing much in a rush today. The sky is a bit grim I'll have to shelter in the cafe in case it rains.

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#3664 by astoness , Sat May 28, 2011 8:24 am

Posted by Sheldonboy
Good morning everyone, Late start to the day for me. Had a very hard week. Not doing much in a rush today. The sky is a bit grim I'll have to shelter in the cafe in case it rains.

you have a good brekkie SB...soldiers cant march on empty stomachs...[Silly Grin]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#3665 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat May 28, 2011 9:32 am

Good morning each and all, wet and cloudy here, I think I'll go back to bed and do the shopping tomorrow.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#3666 by astoness , Sat May 28, 2011 9:35 am

Posted by phil
Good morning each and all, wet and cloudy here, I think I'll go back to bed and do the shopping tomorrow

Phil

morning phil...dont blame you..im still in bed[Laugh Out Loud]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#3667 by Sheldonboy , Sat May 28, 2011 9:37 am

Hi Phil, no sign of rain in City Centre yet, it's gotta come though.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#3668 by astoness , Sat May 28, 2011 9:40 am

no rain over my way either..but it will come...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#3669 by Sheldonboy , Sat May 28, 2011 9:47 am

Well done everyone, this Forum is now coming up to 43000 posts. Thanks to everyone for sticking with it. What we need now is some more members and some new ideas to keep Brummies Talking fresh. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Last edited 05.28.2011 | Top

#3670 by astoness , Sat May 28, 2011 10:27 am

Posted by Sheldonboy
Well done everyone, this Forum is now coming up to 43000 posts. Thanks to everyone for sticking with it. What we need now is some more members and some new ideas to keep Brummies Talking fresh. SB

and well done to you SB..for providing a good portion of the posts....and they say women can natter....[Laugh Out Loud]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#3671 by Sheldonboy , Sat May 28, 2011 10:29 am

Posted by astoness

Posted by Sheldonboy

and well done to you SB..for providing a good portion of the posts....and they say women can natter....[Laugh Out Loud]

It's because I can't sleep after all the batterings I get.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#3672 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat May 28, 2011 10:29 am

Yes for a membership as small as ours on the whole we do quite well, managing to beat some other of the local forums for the number of posts and hold our own with others. All of the other forums have a membership much larger than ours and visitor numbers are always in the double figures. I think our main problem is we are not getting the coverage the other forums are getting. Any suggestions in that direction would be most helpful.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#3673 by Sheldonboy , Sat May 28, 2011 10:31 am

How about sending Astoness out around the town With a sandwich board.[Big Laugh]

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#3674 by astoness , Sat May 28, 2011 10:42 am

Posted by phil
Yes for a membership as small as ours on the whole we do quite well, managing to beat some other of the local forums for the number of posts and hold our own with others. All of the other forums have a membership much larger than ours and visitor numbers are always in the double figures. I think our main problem is we are not getting the coverage the other forums are getting. Any suggestions in that direction would be most helpful.

Phil

phil..i agree with all you say on this point.... but sometimes we just have to acknowledge that we will never better other forums..especially for the vast amount of historical content and thats just life...i myself have joined a couple of other forums and apart from my main one i have dumped them post haste for various reasons..BT on the other hand i do like..big??? maybe not...friendly??? most certainly and its well run too so i guess what i am trying to say to you all is dont be down hearted just cos we dont have a few thousand members because we probably never will...and apart from that where else could i get me hammers out so often[Laugh Out Loud]

lyn[Big Smile]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#3675 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat May 28, 2011 11:29 am

I'm not saying that we are in competition with any other forum. What I am saying that other forums that get far less posts than we do and have practically no content of interest, have far many more visitors than we do. Therefore if only a small percentage of those visitors join then they get up to and in excess of 30 new members a month. I agree out of those 30 probably only on or two will ever post to the forum, but it is still more than we get.

Admittedly our real membership figure should be about 50% more than what it is, but our policy of deleting members of who don't make a single post within a month has cut membership down. Due to this policy I have deleted quite a few members since the forum along with new members that checked out as Spammers.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor