Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#301 by astoness , Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:14 am

oh trust you to live so far away john...[Hammer Head Yellow] be glad to be shot of all the rubbish now...the back garden is looking like steptoe and sons yard....

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#302 by Voltman , Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:14 am

I got up at 7:30, that's better than recent weeks. I have got to get back into the work ethic.

CATS leave paw prints on your HEART.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#303 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:24 pm

Where is everybody, I've just got back from the hospital after taking the wife for her quarterly service and overhaul. She has been given a clean bill of health for the next three months so I can lock her back in the kitchen.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#304 by Deleted User , Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:27 pm

I have been doing a bit of running about today.

Nothing too exciting LOL

#305 by Sheldonboy , Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:05 pm

Good evening all, Good news about your wife Phil.
I agree the Forum is very Quiet lately.

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#306 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:35 pm

SB

Those doctors haven't got a clue what they are on about, I keep trying to tell them that she is loosing her marbles and she thinks she is a prison officer the way that she treats me I would be better off in prison.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#307 by Voltman , Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:05 pm

I have just opened my motor insurance renewal letter from M&S and find it has gone up £150 since last year.
What really annoyed me though is the bit at the bottom that says it will automatically renew so I can "Sit back and relax".
What I actually did was go ape**** and rang them to cancel the auto renewal, the bird with the stupid big brother geordie accent tried to ask me questions about my current situation and has anything changed that would affect my renewal. What? What renewal you dumb tart? Cancel the unauthorised automatic renewal if you would be so kind. I presume she managed it after the 20th time of asking as she asked if there was anything else she could help me with today. I could have suggested a few things but settled for saying thank you and goodbye.

It reminds of trying to get a DVD out of a Philips DVD player, you press eject and the player display says "Please Wait...Checking Disc", I don't want it checked I just want it back and I want it now. This has been the cause of death for my last two players, now I will only buy Sony, nice player and no crap.

"Sit back and relax" really gets on my wick, I have to work for a living and deal with all the morons one meets in everyday life, I rarely relax and when I do it isn't because some berk is automatically robbing my credit card in the hope I was too busy to notice.
Well that's better, I don't think I will have to go and break something now.
Voltman.

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#308 by Deleted User , Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:55 pm

Yes Phil meant to say pleased you're wife is ok,thought it and did not say it LOL

Voltman I am with Quick fit and you have to be quick off the mark as they say they will go ahead bla bla bla....mind you they got me a cheaper quote this year ,no changes don't ask why LOL

#309 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:56 pm

Volty

I have found out after years of experience that you have to shop around every year for insurance, with the insurance companies sharing all their records now it is much easier to do. There is no hassle about having to get written proof of no claims history.

If I ever had to pay in excess of two hundred and fifty pounds for car insurance I would stop driving, I have come close in recent years and have even traded cars for ones of a lesser insurance group. As have said before, I haven't got to impress anybody anymore and I also have to fork out the money myself now instead of the company.

I'm also the same with my building and contents insurance, every year about a monthly before it is due for renewal I start looking. I'll also give you another tip for both your car and house insurance. If you get firm quotes that beat your present companies renewal quote, then tell them. Nine cases out of ten they will drop their prices to beat the other quotes you have.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#310 by signman ( deleted ) , Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:22 pm

Has anyone just watched rip-off britain, this explains it all.
I don't run a car for the simple reason I have always had a 60% no claims and still can't get below £250, well they can stuff it, I'll just hire a car ,
and drop it when I come back, no aggro, no parking worries, no nothing, end of story.

signman

#311 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:04 pm

John

I suppose you have tried all the sites that do comparison quotes. What I find really annoying is that one year the dearest company to quote will be the next years cheapest. The other thing that you can get by changing companies every year is introductory offers. One year I cut my house & car insurance in half compared to other quotes when I took out policies with the post office. The following year what they quoted was breath taking.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#312 by signman ( deleted ) , Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:34 am

Yes Phil, same as broadband, I've just had an offer off BT asking me to go back to them, free for 3 months and then £15 more than I'm paying now, ON AN 18 MONTH CONTRACT, well they can get s***d.

signman

#313 by signman ( deleted ) , Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:54 am

Really horrible wet, murky, foggy and whatever else you can think of morning,not been out yet and maybe won't.

signman

#314 by Deleted User , Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:28 am

Morning all .Looks wet outside.I am not a winter person LOL

Wish we could be like some animals and sleep for the winter.

#315 by Voltman , Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:06 am

Good Morning Cold Wet People,

It is 12 degrees in Yardley.

I usually hibernate in the winter Denise, unfortunately due to a lack of production in the last two months I will be at full pelt for the next three.

Phil, I do shop around but I won't give my details to these comparison websites as many are not regulated or of proven trustwothiness and can do as they please with all the private details you give them.
For a few years I was with Direct Line, they were always way cheaper than the competition but at renewal time they would write to me with a silly high price. What I did then was go back to their website and get a much lower quote, it would be cheaper because they treated it as new business every time, they cottoned onto this a couple of years ago and now the online quote matches the written one. That's when I went to M&S who provide breakdown cover and insurance (and a bunch of other things) at a similar or slightly lower price than buying the two separately.
They are still the best price (£577) I have found so far this year and I probably will renew with them, I don't worry too much about the cost, I just object to this automatic renwal trick.
As far as I am concerned when I give credit card details it is one transaction with one payment and no coming back for more. After that it is unauthorised and becomes the credit card company's problem.
I think you will be in for a surprise when you get your next quote Phil.

VM

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

Last edited 01.13.2011 | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Open All Hours 2010

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor