Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#2566 by Stirling Single , Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:13 pm

Phil,
Absolutely nothing. It's just a dirty old yellow photograph on gloss paper with nothing at all on the back. { Graham turned it to black and white }

I have two more from the same batch - small, beautiful old cottages but it does say in pencil writing on the back - Birmingham Pub - and they have a Post Card stamp on them but not posted.
Then, on looking closely, at the bottom they have a stamp imprint that you can hardly see that does have the photographer - Alfred Juggins, 8,Lozells Road, Sixways, Birmingham.
I will post these when Graham sorts me out in how to put them on the Forum. He has got me set up on Photoscape and we shall go from there. Lynn.

Stirling Single  
Stirling Single
Date registered 03.12.2011

#2567 by astoness , Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:27 pm

Posted by Stirling Single
Phil,
Absolutely nothing. It's just a dirty old yellow photograph on gloss paper with nothing at all on the back. { Graham turned it to black and white }

I have two more from the same batch - small, beautiful old cottages but it does say in pencil writing on the back - Birmingham Pub - and they have a Post Card stamp on them but not posted.
Then, on looking closely, at the bottom they have a stamp imprint that you can hardly see that does have the photographer - Alfred Juggins, 8,Lozells Road, Sixways, Birmingham.
I will post these when Graham sorts me out in how to put them on the Forum. He has got me set up on Photoscape and we shall go from there. Lynn.

hi lynn..oh yes please we would love to see them..maybe we can idendify the pub...alfred juggins was a well known photographer of the area...if not mistaken i think there are one or two pics of his shop floating around....i have to go out now will be back later on...

lyn

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#2568 by Sheldonboy , Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:56 pm

Posted by Stirling Single
SB - Why don't you do something useful in the garden. No sense in just sitting there looking pretty.!!
Bet, you really are doing something useful and your just not letting on that you will be digging hard and cultivating things All day.
Got my grass cut this morning but not at the front as there is a car sitting on it - handy parking for Gatwick.
Lynn.

Actually yes Lynn I am doing something useful. I have just spent an hour cleaning and servicing the pond filter and fitting a new UV tube. next job is to mow two lawns, tidy front garden and help Mrs Sheldonboy repot her lillies. (Phil there is no need to read anything mucky into that). SB

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#2569 by signman ( deleted ) , Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:11 pm

I don't think this school is in Birmingham.

signman

#2570 by Sheldonboy , Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:21 pm

Hi John how are things. What makes you say that about the School. I don't know it but that means nothing. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#2571 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:57 pm

Anyone with any spare time on their hands take a look at the weekly photo competition thread. I am running a competition to find the years best photo and I want everybody to take part. Not just those who have entered photos in the past. You don't have to enter a photo just vote on the ones that have been entered in the previous months. As we are using the AV system of voting it will be good practise for the future possibly.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#2572 by signman ( deleted ) , Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:50 am

I'm like Phil, I thought I knew most schools in Brum, but this stumps me, if it is in Brum, has to be somewhere like Sutton, Edgebaston, Moseley, etc.

signman

#2573 by signman ( deleted ) , Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:55 am

Had a good day yesterday with the marathon, 15,000 runners and 175,000 bottles of water ,and they certainly needed them.
Most people have never seen a ships anchor close-up, this is on the sea front.

signman

#2574 by signman ( deleted ) , Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:58 am

Phil, this is a new firm in town.

signman

#2575 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:11 am

John

It''s the zero landfill that I don't understand, if they are incinerating the rubbish to provide heat in turn to provide steam to turn turbines. Then they have to be left with an ash residue which has to be disposed of at a landfill site. If they turn the waste into fuel pelletts for the same purposes they are still left with ash. I suppose they have a web site I might take a look.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#2576 by astoness , Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:32 pm

evening all...funny weather today...had a hail storm not long back....

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#2577 by mikejee , Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:33 pm

Phil
They say the ash is recycled into aggregate. I;m not up on this, but it would seem reasonable if the ash is suitable for aggregate

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#2578 by mikejee , Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:34 pm

You keep your hailstorms to yourself Lyn !!

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#2579 by astoness , Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:38 pm

Posted by mikejee
You keep your hailstorms to yourself Lyn !!

well i couldnt believe it mike....dont want anymore of those...im just getting used to the nice weather...[Big Smile]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#2580 by Sheldonboy , Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:08 pm

Good evening, it's me here.
I'm not able to get on here very often at the moment. My Blackberry is in for repair so hopefully I can get back to normal soon. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor