Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#1321 by signman ( deleted ) , Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:28 am

SB, I'm losing the plot, for some reason I thought it was Saturday.

signman

#1322 by astoness , Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:57 am

morning all....[Big Smile]

john work has just resumed on the road..very lucky that my lads have motorbikes as they can just ride down the pavement a little way to get onto the main road...so no inconveinence to them but different for the car users...that brum book looks interesting...how much are they...

SB i thought jo would have liked dragging you the length of erdington high street shopping...actually i quite like the erdington shops but i guess it depends on what you are shopping for...

just going to make another cuppa..

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 02.17.2012 | Top

#1323 by signman ( deleted ) , Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:17 am

Morning Lyn, it's priced at £19.95, but I'd want to know a bit more about it before buying, if it's just maps,not worth it.

This is a restaurant menu in Chicago, supposedly, the best breakfast on the planet, I reckon any greasy spoon cafe in Brum could do better.
http://www.loumitchellsrestaurant.com/im...ellsABCMenu.pdf

signman
Last edited Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:18 am | Top

#1324 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:27 am

John

I hate this American idea of inclusive gratuity that seems to be creeping in over here now. I'll decide if the service I have been given is worth a tip and if it does I'll hand it to the person who gave me good service and not stick it in some pool so the bad service providers get a share along with the good. Anyway why should I help toward making a poor wage into a living wage for some employer who is raking it in.

Phil

phil

#1325 by signman ( deleted ) , Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:41 am

Fully agree Phil.
My mate was in a tv shop the other day proposing to buy a flat screen tv, and aerial package, approx. £800, the manager approached him and asked what he wanted,because (I assume) he was in working clothes a bit paint splattered he palmed him off to a young sales assistant,
who according to my mate could not have been more helpful,after agreeing the deal my mate asked if there was any discount for cash.I'll have to go and ask the manager said the young lad,who came over and said to the lad I'll deal with it now, after getting £150 knocked off, my mate called the lad over and gave him £20, he said you should have seen the managers face.

signman

#1326 by signman ( deleted ) , Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:54 am

Believe it or not this is Brighton coach station, where all coach visitors first arrive and depart, an absolute digrace for the last 22 years, not even any toilets or cover other than what you see.

Attached pictures:
You do not have the necessary rights to view attached pictures
signman

#1327 by Frothy , Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:55 am

Posted by Sheldonboy
Sorry John can't help with the book mate.

No going to Erdington tomorrow. It'll please the wife its no the most pleasant place in the world. When we have been to the Mothers thing we'll shoot straight into Brum.

Hey! stop knocking Erdington Graham. My place of birth is a wonderful place. Wspaniali ludzie są Polskich. Oops just slipped into a bit of Polish

http://frothblowers.co.uk/

Frothy
Date registered 07.15.2010

#1328 by signman ( deleted ) , Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:09 am

I wonder how long it will be before the objection is overturned.

http://www.birminghammail.net/news/top-s...97319-30346578/

signman

#1329 by erdogladys , Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:10 am

Nothing wrong with Erdo , can think of worse places to be ! !

Life may not be the party we hoped for,but while were here, we might as well dance.

erdogladys  
erdogladys

Founder Member
Date registered 12.27.2009

#1330 by Sheldonboy , Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:12 am

Yes Tanzania can be a bit rough

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#1331 by mikejee , Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:19 am

John
I haven't got it because it doesn't seem to offer anything that I can't get from the old maps site. If I wanted something that i could carry round with me while looking at what's left (possibly nothing in a few years time) thenm it would be useful i suppose. Its by the people who did The history of maps Birmingham book, so will be good quality paper etc.

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#1332 by erdogladys , Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:25 am

Was forgetting sheldon is Really up market

Life may not be the party we hoped for,but while were here, we might as well dance.

erdogladys  
erdogladys

Founder Member
Date registered 12.27.2009

#1333 by Frothy , Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:29 am

Posted by Sheldonboy
Yes Tanzania can be a bit rough

[Let Me Think] ???????????????

http://frothblowers.co.uk/

Frothy
Date registered 07.15.2010

#1334 by astoness , Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:50 am

just picked my way though the mayhem and popped up the shops...very mild out today all we need now is a bit of sun and i can get in the garden and do a bit...just going to have some brekkie now...cheese on toast i think...

oh sorry...morning froth and glad...[Big Smile]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#1335 by astoness , Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:43 pm

evening all...hope you all had a good day...i feel and hope the weather is picking up now...[Big Smile]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor