Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#901 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:47 am

Good morning all,

a nice cold day at -6 and snow forecasted by 6 o clock this evening, but at least it will get a little warmer then.

Phil

phil

#902 by Sheldonboy , Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:03 am

Good morning Phil I am on my way out of town now, well laden and I can say say with confidence it colder than it was an hour ago and that's with a Bully breakfast inside me.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it lef
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#903 by signman ( deleted ) , Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:21 am

Had my porridge,now dusting my wellies off in anticipation of the white stuff and going out with the cameras,not holding my breath.
Chicken in the oven, veg all prepared, whisky decanter at the ready to fill hip flask up.
Brighton Rock film on BBC2 tonight 9 pm, didn't know they had made a remake,will watch and see if it's as good as the original.

signman

#904 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:23 am

SB

According to the temperature readings at Birmingham Airport it is getting warmer. The last reading says that it is now -5. Its probably the chill factor that you are feeling which is supposed feel like -8. I still cant understand how they work that out.

Phil

phil

#905 by Sheldonboy , Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:39 am

Phil my chill factor is reading -18 my toes are getting cold the rest of it I don't mind. I am going into town again later, I think I may have to sample a nice brandy.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#906 by mollymandysb , Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:47 am

morning all

my cold water tap was frozen this morning - took about an hour to de frost.
i am one of those people that thrive in this weather and get very excited when it is dark, and frosty and the moon is out.

i do stock up on winter clothes tho, i have special thermal socks that feel as if you are walking on air, ice grips for my stout walking boots, thermal trousers and a good winter coat, gloves again like my socks, so i never feel the cold, a bit of vaseline on my face so the cold does not get through, i love it and feel healthier,

now when the sun comes out i hate it, i stay in doors and close the curtains just cant stand the heat at all.

steph

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb
Date registered 08.11.2011

#907 by Sheldonboy , Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:02 pm

Hi Steph, is your surname Nosferato by any chance[Little LOL]

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#908 by mollymandysb , Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:08 pm

something like that - some say i am a vampire because i dont like sunlight.

must say it looking chilly out there at moment.

why you not like the perfume counter - you men - your wife must need a medal.

steph

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb

#909 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:36 pm

Molly

are you talking about an outside tap? If you are talking about an inside tap then your water supply must be too high in the ground. It should be at least one metre deep where the frost cant reach it.

Phil

phil
Last edited Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:17 pm | Top

#910 by mollymandysb , Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:54 pm

phil

my inside cold water tap, the one in the kitchen. last year both the cold and hot water taps froze and stayed frozen for a couple of days. luckily the ones upstairs were ok. the unfortunate people who have had combi boilers fitted had all the water freeze. i was looking after a friends house whilst she was away in egypt last christmas and all hers froze over christmas, on boxing day at about 4.00 am i heard a noise as if my boiler was going to burst, it was the cold tap in the kitchen running, so i turned it off and got dressed and went down the road to the other house and hers had de frosted.

my house is a funny design, the kitchen juts out from the house and it is that side wall that gets cold. we have had cavity wall insulation so i was surprised to find the taps frozen. dont think i can lag it myself because when the new kitchen was fitted they put kitchen cupboards across the skirting board, i used to be able to remove it and put a fan heater there.

just seen on news how cold it is in the ukraine, we are so lucky it not like that.

steph

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb

#911 by Deleted User , Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:40 pm

Afternoon all,the white stuff has arived.The midlands today people were doing the weather by the pool,we had to wait for them to finish so we could get
past.

Hope you and your pipes are ok steph.

#912 by astoness , Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:47 pm

[Little LOL]hi den and steph...been snowing heavily here since about 1.30 with no sign of a let up...think i may just stop in now..

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#913 by mollymandysb , Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:49 pm

hi den

yes, they ok at moment and should be tomorrow, snow usually raised the temp, i think. it not too bad when only cold water tap, cus i justleave heating on and open tap and it de frosts within an hour. last year was diff both hot and cold taps froze and took two days before they de frosted and that was when temp rose.

take care everyone. got to go out in it in a min but will be wrapped up like an eskimo

steph

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb

#914 by mollymandysb , Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:50 pm

hi both

it not snowing that fast here, snowing but not heavy snow flakes - fast thinones, if you know what i mean.

steph

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb

#915 by Sheldonboy , Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:53 pm

Just settling down now for the Six Nations Rugby.
England Scotland promises to be a very good game.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Last edited 02.04.2012 | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Open All Hours 2011

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor