Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#5746 by astoness , Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:14 pm

its ok phil..ive just finished the front garden...no rain so far but glad to get that job out of the way..

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#5747 by Sheldonboy , Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:48 pm

A Choo

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#5748 by Sheldonboy , Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:31 pm

Its a bit quiet on here lately.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#5749 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:39 pm

It's got something to do with nobody being on here most of the time, still with only nine or ten regular posters I don't think we do that bad.

phil

#5750 by Sheldonboy , Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:58 pm

Ah good evening Philip, I know this isn't the news thread, but just lately I can't get my head around what a rubbish world this is turning into. We have the story about a national hero who selflessly raised millions over many years accused of being a sex fiend. We have a tiny girl abducted and apparently it's a person connected with the family. We have stories of drug gangs, just a few days ago there was a shooting outside the cafe I use in the Bull Ring. We hear of modern day slavers in this country in this century. The story goes on and on, most people are happily oblivious to most of these things until it affects them.
We even have an election next month for the new Police and Crime Commisioner, most people know sod all about it.
So what do we do in this country to help all this get sorted ? We elect a government who make thousands of Police Redundant. The Mongrels.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#5751 by Deleted User , Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:07 pm

Had a bad day with this cold.Jim bought it in so I am blaming him.

SB .Many crimes against Children are done by a family member so that news is not so shocking.

#5752 by Sheldonboy , Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:16 pm

Quote: denise wrote in post #20033
Had a bad day with this cold.Jim bought it in so I am blaming him.

SB .Many crimes against Children are done by a family member so that news is not so shocking.

Denise sorry to hear You and Jim have colds.
But your second line to me is out of order, news of any crime involving children is distressingly shocking. Maybe not unusual but we can never just accept that this is a regular occurance. We must stop going easy on criminals, espescially with crimes of a violent or sexual nature or involving children- sometimes all three together.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#5753 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:18 pm

SB

What I don't understand about April Jones case is if they have enough evidence to charge Bridger with abduction they must have pretty good evidence. Thewhyht doesn't he admit it and tell them where her body is. I bet you his defence solicitor is telling him to keep quiet because if he tells them where the body is then he is admitting to murder.

phil

#5754 by Sheldonboy , Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:25 pm

I have been thinking about that one Phil, maybe he has told them that she is in the river. The Police couldn't release that information in case loads of other people go looking. They have concentrated their search on the river for days, they said this morning that they had 18 teams searching, also Coast Guard teams on the river. They wouldn't waste resources like that I don't think.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#5755 by astoness , Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:47 pm

SB..i think what denise meant was that its hardly shocking that once again we have another child losing their life to someone who is either related to them or is a family friend..i dont think she meant that the actual crime is hardly shocking...well thats the way i read her post...no wonder i very rarely buy the papers now or watch the news on tv...nowt but doom and gloom...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

Last edited 10.08.2012 | Top

#5756 by lynne webb , Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:04 pm

I read it like Lyn, the accused being known to the family is not shocking anymore but the crime certainly is. Does anyone know when he pleads Guilty or Not Guilty.

lynne webb
Date registered 10.05.2011

#5757 by Deleted User , Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:12 pm

Yes of course the crime is shocking but statistically the crime comes from close to home.

After working many years working for social services SB it is hard to get shocked.Seen and heard too much.

#5758 by Deleted User , Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:17 pm

And just for the record please don't tell me I am out of order.Thankyou.

#5759 by astoness , Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:22 pm

Quote: denise wrote in post #20039
Yes of course the crime is shocking but statistically the crime comes from close to home.

After working many years working for social services SB it is hard to get shocked.Seen and heard too much.

i know denise..look at 12 year old tia sharp in august..turns out it was tias grandmothers boyfiend who murdered her and it took the police 4 searches of the house before they found her in the attic...truely awful..

lynne i dont think he pleads guilty or innocent until the actual trial starts but dont quote me on that..

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

Last edited 10.08.2012 | Top

#5760 by Deleted User , Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:33 pm

I think you are right on that Lyn.

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor