Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#3751 by astoness , Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:57 pm

Zitat von phil aus RE: OPEN ALL HOURS
Tell me something do those that get their email hacked take part in this practice of forwarding emails on when you have no idea where they originated in the first place. Any such emails sent to me terminate with me.

phil a lot of the problems start with these jokes that get sent around...if someone receives one what they tend to do then is forward them on to all of their contacts in one go but the thing is when you receive one of these jokes you also get the email addresses showing at the top of the page of everyone else who the sender has sent the joke to therefore giving away email addresses of folk you dont even know..i would never let anyone know someones email address unless they gave me permission to do so...its always best to send emails one at a time for security...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 06.21.2012 | Top

#3752 by astoness , Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:25 pm

evening all..well another wet day again...not done much today...actually ive done nothing at all..[Little LOL]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#3753 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:57 pm

Lyn

The first time I ever received one of these chain letters (because thats what they are) I realised that they were a definite security threat so I have never forwarded one on to any of my contacts. I think to do so would be to court trouble.

phil

#3754 by astoness , Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:04 pm

Lyn

The first time I ever received one of these chain letters (because thats what they are) I realised that they were a definite security threat so I have never forwarded one on to any of my contacts. I think to do so would be to court trouble.

same here phil..

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#3755 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:15 pm

Right I'm off out for another meal tonight, thats one Saturday when I treated the wife. One Sunday for fathers day and another one tonight for fathers day. It's no good telling the kids that once is enough they have got to do it individually.

phil

#3756 by astoness , Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:18 pm

[Laugh Out Loud] phil..enjoy..

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#3757 by Sheldonboy , Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:20 pm

Evening all.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#3758 by astoness , Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:26 pm

here comes trouble...evening SB[Hammer Head Yellow]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#3759 by Sheldonboy , Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:29 pm

Good evening your Majestyness.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#3760 by astoness , Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:27 pm

evening....[Silly Grin]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#3761 by signman ( deleted ) , Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:19 pm

You lot make me laugh,if you get an e-mail from a dubious source. just delete it.you should know where it's coming from,before you even read it.

signman

#3762 by Voltman , Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:30 pm

Zitat von astoness aus RE: OPEN ALL HOURS
Tell me something do those that get their email hacked take part in this practice of forwarding emails on when you have no idea where they originated in the first place. Any such emails sent to me terminate with me.

phil a lot of the problems start with these jokes that get sent around...if someone receives one what they tend to do then is forward them on to all of their contacts in one go but the thing is when you receive one of these jokes you also get the email addresses showing at the top of the page of everyone else who the sender has sent the joke to therefore giving away email addresses of folk you dont even know..i would never let anyone know someones email address unless they gave me permission to do so...its always best to send emails one at a time for security...

Slightly off the topic but may be of interest to those who don't already know how.....

When sending an email (crap or otherwise) to more than one person never put their addresses in either the "TO" box or the "CC" box. Always put their addresses in the "BCC" (Blind Carbon Copy) box and your own address in the "TO" box.
In other words send the email to yourself and secretly include everyone else in on it. Each recipient gets the mail and doesn't know you sent it to anyone else.
Volty

I hate unfinished sente

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#3763 by astoness , Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:35 pm

Zitat von Voltman aus RE: OPEN ALL HOURS
Zitat von astoness aus RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

Slightly off the topic but may be of interest to those who don't already know how.....

When sending an email (crap or otherwise) to more than one person never put their addresses in either the "TO" box or the "CC" box. Always put their addresses in the "BCC" (Blind Carbon Copy) box and your own address in the "TO" box.
In other words send the email to yourself and secretly include everyone else in on it. Each recipient gets the mail and doesn't know you sent it to anyone else.
Volty

so thats the way to do it..thanks volty....

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#3764 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:31 pm

John

The trouble is these emails do not come from dubious sources, they often come from good friends and well know acquaintances who have had their email accounts Hijacked.

Phil

phil

#3765 by mikejee , Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:19 pm

Voltman
If you do the trick of sending the mail to yourself, who will it apparently come from when the recipient receives it ?

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor