Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#3016 by signman ( deleted ) , Thu May 10, 2012 6:11 am

Morning all, absolutley horrendous night,gale force winds,torrential rain,at least my windows are cleaner than they've ever been.
Still working on whisky sign.

signman

#3017 by astoness , Thu May 10, 2012 6:53 am

morning john..pretty much the same here im afraid...just deciding what i can do today....

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#3018 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu May 10, 2012 10:49 am

Hi all,

I've got a busy day in front of me today, so I won't have much time for the forum though I'll pop in when I can.

phil

#3019 by astwood , Thu May 10, 2012 11:31 am

Morning All
Bit of a dull day but its really warm as well typical english weather

astwood  
astwood
Date registered 02.28.2012

#3020 by astoness , Thu May 10, 2012 5:11 pm

evening all...its been a funny old day weather wise...bit of sun..bit of rain but it is a lot warmer...few dry days forecast...[Big Smile]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#3021 by mollymandysb , Thu May 10, 2012 5:39 pm

hi all just catching up with forum, nothing seems to have changed the weather is still so bad it s the topic of conversation but as you say its quite warm sometimes.
looking after a friends animals whilst they are down in torbay, the dog is ok, but the three cats have played up. first day one of them just scooted back upstairs and hid under the bed and did not come down for three days, the other two went out but when i went to get them in one of them had gone astray. i went back several times even at eleven at night shouting up the woods 'jack' and rattling a box of biscuits but nothing. he showed up at 11 the next day. today the three of them made it out, i thought good - then on trying to get them in, two came in and had a feed, one went in its basket the other ran out and off and the other still is missing, so two of them are out. will be so glad when i can hand the key back and let the cats get back to normal. they are so fickle.

steph

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb
Date registered 08.11.2011

#3022 by Sheldonboy , Thu May 10, 2012 8:07 pm

Other peoples pets are like other peoples kids Steph, it's always nice to hand em back.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#3023 by astoness , Fri May 11, 2012 6:21 am

morning all....looks a better start to the day here in brum...

steph you have reminded that i have to cat sit next doors cat in 2 weeks for the weekend then again in july for a week...mind you hes no trouble...think i will weed the front garden today..all that rain has bought them up again...im now thinking of putting the wood bark down...that will stop the little perishers[Little LOL]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#3024 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri May 11, 2012 9:17 am

Morning all

Cat sitting don't talk to me about it, we are looking after some for the wife's friend who is at a wedding in Israel at the moment. Then they are going straight from there to the south of France for 4 weeks. The thing is these cats are house cats and not allowed outside. Of course their only purpose in life is to get outside. We go to feed them twice a day and its a nightmare. It's a big rambling house and the cats have so many places to hide, of course if the wife can't find one of them she thinks it has got out. It's no good trying to tell her that it can't have got out or the alarms would have gone off. So we usually spend about an hour searching for one or the other.

phil

#3025 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri May 11, 2012 12:20 pm

One of the other things I had to do yesterday was along with the wife we visited a Hospice up SB's way just off Sheldon Heath Rd. Pauline's 91 year old aunt had a fall and she has been spending a couple of weeks there so they can keep an eye on her. She is getting discharged today.

What I was surprised to find out was that they didn't have one vase in the whole unit! Apparently it's not the done thing to take flowers to a hospital or hospice any more. How long has this been the norm, I have to say that it looked a pretty gloomy place without the usual flowers everywhere.

phil

#3026 by mikejee , Fri May 11, 2012 12:36 pm

I think it has been a while Phil. I was wanting to visit a cousin about 4 months ago, and remembered that I had heard something about flowers being banned, rang and asked. Lucky i did, as it seems to be fairly standard now, I think it is a combination between "Hygiene" (nasty dirty unhealthy things) and some people being allergic to flowers and this causinga problem with others in the sam eward who do have this problem

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#3027 by astwood , Fri May 11, 2012 12:38 pm

Afternoon all
why is it every time i start doing the lawns it starts to rain
its enough to drive a man to drink

astwood  
astwood
Date registered 02.28.2012

#3028 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri May 11, 2012 1:38 pm

Mike

Ah yes I understand now, except for (nasty dirty unhealthy things) who would they be the nurses?

phil

#3029 by astoness , Fri May 11, 2012 4:12 pm

well ive not done that much today...been up the shops twice and in between the showers managed to plant me large planter in the back garden..grass will need cutting again soon...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#3030 by Sheldonboy , Fri May 11, 2012 8:22 pm

Posted by astwood
Afternoon all
why is it every time i start doing the lawns it starts to rain
its enough to drive a man to drink

Do me a favour Astwood, replace your lawns with Astro turf.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor