Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#2281 by astoness , Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:38 am

morning all...definitely a tad colder this morning....heard that Scotland and higher parts of England could have snow the weekend...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 03.30.2012 | Top

#2282 by astwood , Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:21 am

morning all well the heatwave never lasted long a lot cooler today

astwood  
astwood
Date registered 02.28.2012

#2283 by astoness , Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:34 pm

afternoon all....well im freezing today and i wanted to get out and finish tidying the front garden...[Frowning]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#2284 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:50 pm

Well Lyn the suns out now so get on with it.

Phil

phil

#2285 by Deleted User , Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:01 pm

No sun here.

#2286 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:24 pm

Hi Denise

The suns out here and it's about 12 degrees at the moment, so it's still a bit cool but bright. Anyway if Lyn works hard enough she won't feel the cold.

Phil

phil

#2287 by signman ( deleted ) , Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:15 pm

Glorious sunny warm day here,had a wander around Rottingdean,few photos in the gallery.

signman

#2288 by Sheldonboy , Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:38 pm

At last, finished for the weekend. Got a meeting tonight then feet up.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#2289 by astoness , Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:42 pm

evening all...decided againt work in the garden so ive given the kitchen a good old fashioned spring clean..just a bit more to do tomorrow then thats it till next spring...[Big Smile]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#2290 by Sheldonboy , Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:27 pm

I see the Butchers have demolished Island house

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#2291 by astoness , Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:43 pm

Posted by Sheldonboy
I see the Butchers have demolished Island house

yes SB..ive known about it for about the past 4 weeks since they started taking it down...

reason given

they are building a new hotel right next to it and according to the council island house would have spoilt the view of the city from the hotel windows....to say i am fuming is an understatement..

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#2292 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:10 pm

It's nothing unexpected, Birmingham has never had a love or any thought for it's history. Just take a look around you anywhere inside Birmingham boundaries and look at what they have allowed to be demolished and what they have allowed to be erected in replacement.

What has happened to the idea that if you demolish a building then the replacement has to blend in with its surroundings. I think they are allowing all these strange buildings so that they can say the old ones don't blend in with them. thus giving them an excuse to demolish more old buildings, not that they need an excuse.

Phil

phil

#2293 by astoness , Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:19 pm

Posted by phil
It's nothing unexpected, Birmingham has never had a love or any thought for it's history. Just take a look around you anywhere inside Birmingham boundaries and look at what they have allowed to be demolished and what they have allowed to be erected in replacement.

What has happened to the idea that if you demolish a building then the replacement has to blend in with its surroundings. I think they are allowing all these strange buildings so that they can say the old ones don't blend in with them. thus giving them an excuse to demolish more old buildings, not that they need an excuse.

Phil

agreed phil

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#2294 by Sheldonboy , Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:19 pm

Good evening all. I suggest that all buildings with style are demolished. They can all be replaced with Square boxes with dirty windows. they can all have flat roofs. They can be placed in streets with no parking allowance. All style and design can be banned and all means of appeal on planning permission not be allowed.
This may sound stupid but in reality it has been happening for years in Brum.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#2295 by mikejee , Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:33 pm

Posted by phil
What has happened to the idea that if you demolish a building then the replacement has to blend in with its surroundings.
Phil

I think the problem is that the council have twisted this. The present view is obviously that someone constructs a building/box after suitable remuneration to the appropriate people, and then other buildings have to blend with the new building. If they don't then obviously they should be demolished, unless , of course, a very large sum of money can be extracted from central government, or some other source, to not so do.

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor