Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#421 by tca , Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:51 am

good evening all - dispite a dreary start to the day it turned out quiet nice, friday being my weekly rest day not a lot was acheived, so back to the grind in the morning

tca
Date registered 11.27.2012

#422 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:59 pm

Well it's nearly 2 p.m. here and it looks like it's going to rain any moment.

phil

#423 by Sheldonboy , Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:01 pm

Yes Phil, its as black as a Badgers armpit over Tyseley

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
and I'm not sure about the former.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#424 by mollymandysb , Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:43 pm

hi everyone

firstly sorry to hear your sad news sb.

phil whats the 's' word.

i dont know about nan of the year it is now friday and i v only just surfaced, thursday is my day of just lying there in my pjs
trying to get some energy back.

tried to get my teeth into having a go at our local council, they have decided to close the community centre that houses the soft play area that i take my grand children to. the session i go to is run by the n.c.t the council have systematically over the years been turning bookings away, it was once a thriving community centre. they have now decided to give it another organisation which caters for young people with difficulties. i think they do a marvellous job but when i am told they are community based organisation i said dont you think babies and toddlers are part of the community.
is it just me, what s everyone else s thoughts, their present centre has graffiti style murals on the wall in orange and black and resembles an inner city youth club. whatever happened to just normal halls with football tables, table tennis and snooker and a disco, why is so in to be aggressive.

here in redditch we have the bus shelters painted in again graffiti like murals, the council say it stops the young people from damaging the bus shelters if they are allowed and managed to do their graffiti, what ever happened to a bit of respect and discipline.

steph

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb
Date registered 08.11.2011

#425 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:51 pm

Steph

The "S" word is "snow", as far as your community centre is concerned wherever did you get the idea that a community centre purpose was to serve the community. It's purpose is to serve whatever part of the community that is on the councils list of pet projects, that they think will get them more votes at the next election.

phil

#426 by Sheldonboy , Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:04 pm

Quote: mollymandysb wrote in post #21541
hi everyone

firstly sorry to hear your sad news sb.

phil whats the 's' word.

i dont know about nan of the year it is now friday and i v only just surfaced, thursday is my day of just lying there in my pjs
trying to get some energy back.

tried to get my teeth into having a go at our local council, they have decided to close the community centre that houses the soft play area that i take my grand children to. the session i go to is run by the n.c.t the council have systematically over the years been turning bookings away, it was once a thriving community centre. they have now decided to give it another organisation which caters for young people with difficulties. i think they do a marvellous job but when i am told they are community based organisation i said dont you think babies and toddlers are part of the community.
is it just me, what s everyone else s thoughts, their present centre has graffiti style murals on the wall in orange and black and resembles an inner city youth club. whatever happened to just normal halls with football tables, table tennis and snooker and a disco, why is so in to be aggressive.

here in redditch we have the bus shelters painted in again graffiti like murals, the council say it stops the young people from damaging the bus shelters if they are allowed and managed to do their graffiti, what ever happened to a bit of respect and discipline.

steph

Thanks Steph and everyone for your thoughts
Steph the S wors is Snow, it brings Phil out in an attack of the vapours.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#427 by Sheldonboy , Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:05 pm

Sorry Steph Phil had already answered you.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#428 by mollymandysb , Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:09 pm

hi phil

you are so right about the council and their pet projects. i know the answer is to stand for council but on your own without party backing you are on a way to nowhere, if that makes sense. neither of the parties are any good, they all look after themselves. i spoke to one of my local councillors, a labour person to find out what was going on with the community centre, and her reply was you might not like the outcome, she was not prepared to join me and put up a fight, although she did say her views were more communist. hang on, she went on about people earning over £50,000 and that it was not right that some people had nothing, that was her communist view, but she was a royalist.!!!! look away sb, what could be worse than this family who are born to it and not done a days work to achieve it.

i do agree that wealth is not distributed evenly but when a young person has stayed in during their teens and worked hard at their school work and then gone to uni then get a job they deserve a better wage. my own son has never claimed any benefits and works very hard. he is working for an indian company at the moment so he is working banglahore hours, which is 03.oo until 12.oo then he starts work on his own company that he is trying to get off the ground. he spends some of his time with the two boys and his partner. they have to pay for pre school. the benefit system should be there as a stop gap to help people. we have unfortunately got into the swing of companies only offering part time work so the worker can claim working tax credit without themselves having to pay any contributions and then there are those who claim all sorts of benefits and work on the side pulling in vast amounts of money and lead a good life style without having to earn any of it but getting free nursery care, cold wether payments etc. it makes me so mad.

rant over

steph

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb
Date registered 08.11.2011

#429 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:20 pm

Steph

I knew a couple of people that stood for the Council as independents and won seats. It's not that hard on smaller Councils that are not fought that vigorously. Oddly enough they both didn't stand again at the following election they said too much was expected of them.

phil

#430 by astoness , Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:12 pm

good evening all..i was going to give you a weather forecast but phil dont like the S word so i wont bother

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#431 by Sheldonboy , Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:15 pm

Quote: astoness wrote in post #21547
good evening all..i was going to give you a weather forecast but phil dont like the S word so i wont bother

Good evening. NO LYN YOU MUST NOT SAY SNOW, Phil gets mad.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#432 by astoness , Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:51 am

morning all...[Big Smile]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#433 by Sheldonboy , Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:06 am

Good morning Lyn and everyone. Flippin cold this morning wouldn't be surprised to see some snow

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#434 by astoness , Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:12 am

think the sky is too clear for any of the white stuff today ..she says hoping..[Little LOL]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#435 by Sheldonboy , Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:38 am

Yes not a cloud in the sky Lyn, that can all change by the time Phil gets up

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor