be drinking in the highlander monday

morning astwood..just hope the beer taps dont freeze...[Little LOL]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#257 by Deleted User , Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:47 am

We are doing a snowman later with our Grandson,he has requested various items that the modern snowman needs.I am deciding which hat and scarf I can part with .

#258 by astoness , Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:03 pm

smashing den...loved making snowmen when i was a kid...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#259 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:13 pm

Denise

I hope you have got a carrot for his nose, my grandson wants a snow car for his snowman.

phil

#260 by tca , Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:18 pm

looking at the snow in oxford reminds why i transfered from british leyland UK for British Leyland melbourne, sadly BL melb shut the week after I arrived LOL thats life,all worked out in the end

tca
Date registered 11.27.2012

#261 by Deleted User , Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:24 pm

Its the spiders that put me off Australia,Ienvy you the sunshine but when it gets hot here I have no energy so you can't win can you LOL

#262 by mollymandysb , Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:19 pm

hi all

dont' know why but the snow is melting here, i v cleared everyone paths here and tried to build a snowman but snow too feathery, it looks quite sorry.

i recommend everyone to get the ice grips they are a god send i never trip or slip these days, there again i was in london just before the jubilee and it was hot and i fell and hurt my wrist. some nice young men picked me up. the things we older women will do, lol.

my cousin lives in perth and at christmas she said it was 40 degrees and too hot to go out i would not like that. my other half thinks i am mad because i love the snow i v been like a kid playing in it. he left work later than usual from elmdon and got back ok no traffic on roads everyone left early and got stuck in traffic, 3/4 hours on motorway.
stay safe everyone

steph

ss

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb
Date registered 08.11.2011

#263 by Deleted User , Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:58 pm

A new one on me from the weather channel........light snow grains

#264 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:24 pm

According to what I read in todays Birmingham Mail, we can expect up to -18 next week. Since they were half right about the snow I'm expecting -9.

phil

#265 by astoness , Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:33 pm

Quote: phil wrote in post #21381
According to what I read in todays Birmingham Mail, we can expect up to -18 next week. Since they were half right about the snow I'm expecting -9.

oh just great phil..just what we need...[Help]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#266 by Sheldonboy , Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:00 pm

Quote: astoness wrote in post #21382
Quote: phil wrote in post #21381

oh just great phil..just what we need...[Help]

Evening Lyn and everyone. Yes -18 next week. It's supposed to be comming from Russia. is this the cold war that we was expecting in the 60s ?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
and I'm not sure about the former.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#267 by Sheldonboy , Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:06 am

Good morning everyone. Snow coming down quite nicely as predicted. Its very fine but lots of it and it's settling.
Had my eyes tested yesterday so I'm looking forward to new specs nexweek (well overdue as usual). Bumped into Volty in Tesco's yesterday (literally, I rammed his trolley). Always a pleasure to see Volty and his lady.
I was hoping to get some pictures of birds in the snow this morning, They must have more sense, none about. The squirrell was out early grabbing my nuts, but even he has discapeared.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#268 by astoness , Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:10 am

Quote: Sheldonboy wrote in post #21384
Good morning everyone. Snow coming down quite nicely as predicted. Its very fine but lots of it and it's settling.
Had my eyes tested yesterday so I'm looking forward to new specs nexweek (well overdue as usual). Bumped into Volty in Tesco's yesterday (literally, I rammed his trolley). Always a pleasure to see Volty and his lady.
I was hoping to get some pictures of birds in the snow this morning, They must have more sense, none about. The squirrell was out early grabbing my nuts, but even he has discapeared.

morning all...snowing over this way too...SB i do hope the grabbing of yer nuts did not cause too much discomfort..

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#269 by Sheldonboy , Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:29 am

Quote: astoness wrote in post #21385
Quote: Sheldonboy wrote in post #21384

morning all...snowing over this way too...SB i do hope the grabbing of yer nuts did not cause too much discomfort..

Eyes stopped watering now

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#270 by astwood , Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:36 am

Morning All
Snowing again up here hope I can get to my pub tomorrow

astwood  
astwood
Date registered 02.28.2012

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor