Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Open All Hours

#3691 by signman ( deleted ) , Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:31 am

My mate Barry delivers goods to all the major supermarkets, and tells me that Mr Kipling mincepies are made buy Manor Bakeries of
Stoke and Barnsley,who make all the cakes for most of the big boys, he says the only difference between Mr Kipling and other brands is the shape, it's the same ingredients in them all, so buy own brands.
He also says the Aldi fruit and veg is supplied by the same firm that supply Waitrose.

Attached pictures:
You do not have the necessary rights to view attached pictures
signman

#3692 by Deleted User , Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:03 am

Yes that makes you think.

My daughter is addicted to Marks and Spencer food.

Last year she did Christmas lunch all from Marks,same again this year.Lovely as it was think if I checked the prices I would faint.

I have offered to cook but she only wants me to do the roasties .Said mine are great...arrrr she knows how to get round me LOL

Like the Christmas greeting .

#3693 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:18 am

One year a few years back when my wife was so ill over Christmas and it was the only Christmas I can remember that we had no guests for Christmas dinner. My daughter in law brought us Christmas Dinner down in an insulated food box. I have to say it was very nice, but it wasn't what we were used to. Being as they always dine at our house Christmas Day and Boxing Day she was unused to preparing a festive meal, so she just bought everything in ready cooked or prepared from M & S.

I think as the years pass we will see much more of this sort of things, the young have less care about the traditional things than we have and see them as a waste of time really. I think they only put up with them for us old timers.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#3694 by mikejee , Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:57 am

John
I think you are right about all the mince pies being the same as Mr kipling. That doesn't apply to their other cakes though. Some of the Sainsbury equivalents to Mr kipling cakes/tarts etc are not particularly nice. I think they have gone aver the top trying to make "healthy" pastry, and have ended up with soemthing pretty awful
Mike

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#3695 by astoness , Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:54 pm

hi all...was a bit tied up last night...well not literally tied up but you know what i mean lol...german market was lovely.came back with 3 bags of sweets..some white choccie and a glittery xmas hat for the xmas bash[Little LOL]...had a glass of hot mulled wine...first time ive tried it and i want to go back again for more..[Skipping Happy]

lyn

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#3696 by signman ( deleted ) , Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:02 pm

Afternoon all, finished work for the day, too nice to be stuck inside and because I can.
Lyn, glad you enjoyed the market, I love mulled wine and make it every year,I also like their sweets.
I've just made the Christmas pudding, and am about to ice it, will post a photo when it's finished.

signman

#3697 by astoness , Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:57 pm

wow...a man that can cook...[Silly Grin] look forward to seeing yer xmas pud john..

lyn

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#3698 by berniew , Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:53 pm

Evening all no snow then you just can't trust the older folks corns any more Bernie

berniew  
berniew
Date registered 12.28.2009

#3699 by signman ( deleted ) , Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:02 pm

Here you are Lyn.

Attached pictures:
You do not have the necessary rights to view attached pictures
signman

#3700 by signman ( deleted ) , Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:07 pm

We have a riot situation here about 3,000 students and school children have stormed the town hall, here's a few photos I took about an hour ago.

signman

#3701 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:22 pm

Hi John

It's a bit small isn't it? The Christmas Pud not the demo. I think the demo is only one of many up and down the country and why shouldn't the schoolchildren join in. Its their future that is being messed about with.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#3702 by berniew , Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:03 pm

How many sixpences are in that one John

berniew  
berniew
Date registered 12.28.2009

#3703 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:24 pm

John

I hope you have got your tin hat ready for when Lyn comes on, she was expecting to taste your Christmas Pud.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#3704 by Deleted User , Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:47 pm

Interesting pics John.

I love christmas pud me.

#3705 by signman ( deleted ) , Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:07 pm

Phil, I'm going to watch Grand Designs, then I'm off to bed, she can't get at me there.

signman

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor