Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Open All Hours

#3256 by Deleted User , Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:16 am

I never normally forget the bins,this week is the general bin,the next week the recycle and garden waste and food so it won't be emptied for a fortnight now.What a palava LOL

Went rushing out with just me coat on and not much else but too late .

Not much fun the run up to Christmas as I have got a dentist appointment nearly every week.Me teeth have decided they are going to give me a load of hassle...the joys of ageing.

#3257 by astoness , Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:20 am

oh dear den..hate the dentists....[Lyn] i get confused as to what week to put the plastic and paper waste boxes out sometimes so i look to see when the neighbours put theirs out...[Little LOL]..very nasty weather here and im keeping an eye on one of me fence panels as it dosnt look to safe to me....

lyn

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#3258 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:37 am

Denise

You should worry, all my teeth began to fall out at the beginning of this year, I'm not surprised since I hadn't seen a dentist since my early 20's. I never had any tooth problems well none worth talking about. Now the dentist has told me that he wants to take them all out, but I have said hang on Doc why should I pay you to take them out when given a little more time they will fall out on their own. So I'm just waiting now.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#3259 by signman ( deleted ) , Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:56 am

Same here Phil, my daughter is a dentist in Harborne, but like you haven't been in years,whilst my top ones are ok and only a couple missing
my bottom ones are nearly all gone, but it don't worry me, not trying to impress any one now.
They quoted me £2000 for one false tooth screw-in, I opted for a plastic one, got outside and threw it in the middle of the road, couldn't stand the taste of the plastic in my mouth, never bothered since.

signman

#3260 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:32 am

John

It's right who have we got to impress now, the funny thing is people have asked me all my life if I was wearing dentures. My teeth were always so even and straight that they looked like dentures.

When stopping at a girlfriends house one night her mother even gave me a glass of water to take to bed with me. I remarked to the girlfriend next morning at breakfast something about being that parched due to the drink the night before that I had emptied the glass. She laughed and said her mom had given me the glass because she thought I wore dentures. Good job she hadn't put sterident in it.

The other thing I find amusing is lots of my friends who have made regular dentist visits through the year and spent a fortune are now wearing dentures and heres me has has never since I was 24 seen a dentist until this year, who at least has some of my own teeth left.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#3261 by mikejee , Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:29 am

Phil
I reckon you should consider yourself lucky you lived in Birmingham (apart from the obvious reasons). I was always having teeth filled till I came to Brum. After about two years to get over other areas water i never had a tooth out (other than 4 wisdom teeth) and the only fillings were refillings, where the old ones needed replacing. It was (I'm sure) the fluoridation that did it.
Mike

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#3262 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:00 pm

Mike

I think you are right, fluoridation would have a lot to do with it. Yet still people complain about it.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#3263 by Deleted User , Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:16 pm

Glad to see I am not alone in my suffering.

Re the windy weather,nearly got taken off my feet earlier,reckon this wind will do a lot of damage.

Hope your fence will be ok Lyn.

#3264 by astoness , Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:06 pm

good eveing all[Skipping Happy]

lyn

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#3265 by Deleted User , Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:17 pm

Sitting in my spare bedroom and it is a tad on the cold side.......

Oh to have a lap top now that winters here [Sob Story]

#3266 by astoness , Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:30 pm

hi den...wouldnt be without my laptop..where i go it goes...[Little LOL] hope you have had a good day...the fence is still intact...just...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#3267 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:36 pm

Oh how things have changed, I must really be old fashioned if I can remember a time when women longed for something other than a laptop in a cold bedroom.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#3268 by astoness , Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:49 pm

right thats it phil...bannish them thoughts from yer head right now...[Hammers][Little LOL]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#3269 by signman ( deleted ) , Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:04 pm

I'm with Phil, laptops in bedrooms, what's wrong with winciette pyjamas.

signman

#3270 by signman ( deleted ) , Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:05 pm

and a cup of cocoa.

signman

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor