Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Please visit it

#2911 by Deleted User , Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:25 pm

Good evening everybody.

#2912 by Frothy , Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:35 pm

Posted by berniew
How was the beer festival Frothy I did go to one a few years ago at Aston Uni ,where was it held this time Bernie

It was very good berniew. It was held at The Second City Suite Sherlock street ( try saying that after a few) First time this year. A really large 2 floor venue. I think it will stop there now.

http://frothblowers.co.uk/

Frothy
Date registered 07.15.2010

#2913 by signman ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:35 pm

Evening all.

signman

#2914 by Frothy , Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:39 pm

Posted by signman
Evening all.

Evening

http://frothblowers.co.uk/

Frothy
Date registered 07.15.2010

#2915 by berniew , Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:45 pm

Posted by Frothy

Posted by berniew
How was the beer festival Frothy I did go to one a few years ago at Aston Uni ,where was it held this time Bernie

It was very good berniew. It was held at The Second City Suite Sherlock street ( try saying that after a few) First time this year. A really large 2 floor venue. I think it will stop there now.

I'm sure I have worked there is it an Asian function place where they hold weddings and the like

berniew  
berniew
Date registered 12.28.2009

#2916 by Voltman , Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:49 am

Good Morning Folks,

Didn't need to put the lights on this morning, just like summer again.
Is that a howling wind I hear blowing through the wasteland of the forum?
VM

“I am a man of simple tastes, only the best will do“
Oscar Wilde 16 October 1854 – 30 November 1900
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#2917 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:13 am

Morning All,

They used to have a beer festival at Solihull Civic Suite every year complete with Oompah band and German foods. I think sausage must be the only food that Germans eat. I went along a couple of years, I'm not saying it wasn't good but it could have been better. There was no special imported beer or anything like that, just M & B and Carling. A lot of singing and jostling and jumping on to tables, not my scene at all. I prefer lying under tables.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#2918 by signman ( deleted ) , Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:20 am

Just another way of selling rubbish, we have food festivals, chilli festivals, french markets, all selling junk at vastly inflated prices, the chilli festival even has the cheek to try and charge you £5 entrance, AND IT'S YOU DOING THE BUYING.
On another note my grandson came home from the Falklands yesterday, his actual comment on his face book is as follows :
"Home, feeling 94 and looking even more hagard, that shitty, smelly island has ruined me ".
Don't think he liked it there.

signman

#2919 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:44 am

I heard them discussing the Falklands on the radio this morning. They reckon due to defence cuts that Argentina might have another go at them. I say come to some sort of a deal after all it's not the islanders they are worried about on either side its the future of the offshore mineral rights. Surely we could do a deal where we share them?

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#2920 by signman ( deleted ) , Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:50 am

That's why Simon has been down there Phil.
The RAF have been building up a base for the Eurofighters there for the last 12 months,due to speculation of what you say.
I say let them have them, only cost us lives and money.

signman

#2921 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:31 am

John

So do I, but like all things today its more to do with money. I can only repeat come to a deal with the Argies, bring all the Brits that want to come home (let the Argies compensate them). Those who want to stay must surrender their British Citizenship and sign a disclaimer. I really can't see why we must pay so much to hang onto a rock in the middle of the Atlantic.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#2922 by berniew , Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:46 pm

At the beer festival at Aston Uni the array of beers was astounding I tried a few but I think you may need to know more about real ale than I do to make semi informed choices as to which beer to try , you certainly could not try them all

berniew  
berniew
Date registered 12.28.2009

Open All Hours

#2923 by Voltman , Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:23 pm

Posted by signman
That's why Simon has been down there Phil.
The RAF have been building up a base for the Eurofighters there for the last 12 months,due to speculation of what you say.
I say let them have them, only cost us lives and money.

I agree, give the Argentines the islands if they ask for them nicely, no questions and no deals, just hand them over.
If they try and take them by force then we really do have to stamp on their poor little heads again, and that is such a waste of life and resources.
The Argentines are very nice people, mostly just like us and not the sort we ought to be going to war against.
VM

“I am a man of simple tastes, only the best will do“
Oscar Wilde 16 October 1854 – 30 November 1900
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 11.02.2010 | Top

#2924 by Deleted User , Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:42 pm

Evening all,well my little veg patch is clear now for winter.I don't do winter veg.

Been a nice sunny but cool afternoon.

The only trouble with ebay is you got to wrap it and post it LOL [Help]

#2925 by Sheldonboy , Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:04 pm

Posted by berniew
At the beer festival at Aston Uni the array of beers was astounding I tried a few but I think you may need to know more about real ale than I do to make semi informed choices as to which beer to try , you certainly could not try them all

My problem with real ales is that these days I prefer my beer chilled. There will be a real ale or two to suit most palates. But most I am afraid are too warm for me. SB

Brummies Talking....... Get the Buzz
Visitors copy this link.. http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Open All Hours 2011

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor