Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: PHOTOGRAPHY.

#61 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue May 18, 2010 6:43 am

Not wishing to impose on Phils -where is this -I 'll put this one here, and the question where?

Attached pictures:
You do not have the necessary rights to view attached pictures
signman

#62 by Sheldonboy , Tue May 18, 2010 6:51 am

Just a guess...Aston

Arguing with an idiot is like teaching a pig to sing. It's a waste of your time, and it only annoys the pig!

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#63 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue May 18, 2010 7:11 am

no, afraid not.

signman

#64 by mikejee , Tue May 18, 2010 8:51 am

It is Hyndman Bros on the corner of Jamaica row and Moat row after a big fire in the early 1900s. did have a file which gave the year, but seem to have lost it in a crash
Mike

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#65 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue May 18, 2010 10:12 am

Mike you are correct -1906.

signman

#66 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue May 18, 2010 10:25 am

It was a well reported event, apparently it was even made the subject of a postcard rather bizarrely in my view.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

Attached pictures:
phil

#67 by Voltman , Tue May 18, 2010 6:27 pm

Is that a steel frame that has melted?
There must have been a lot of them about so perhaps it was a big deal at the time

There was a fire in an office block in Madrid a few years ago, that burnt for ages and the steel didn't give way, it was looked at in comparison with the WTC towers.
VM

"Cats are a mysterious kind of folk. There is more passing in their minds than we are aware of." Sir Walter Scott

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#68 by Sheldonboy , Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:00 am

If anyone has the odd special photo that is in need of restoring you can send it to me. Restoring pictures is a hobby of mine and I will be glad to help if I can. SB

Arguing with an idiot is like teaching a pig to sing. It's a waste of your time, and it only annoys the pig!

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Last edited 06.01.2010 | Top

#69 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:08 am

That's odd SB so do I ,what software do you use, it's something I really enjoy doing.

signman

#70 by Sheldonboy , Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:15 am

Good morning John I use several bits of software depending on the state of th picture. For most faults I find the Fx Foto with it's Cloning tools etc can fix most things.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#71 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:08 pm

You just can't believe the way society is going, read this article and wonder.http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/81..._the_beach__Yo/

signman

#72 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:11 pm

And on a happier note this camera has just been sold for £600,000 after being discovered in an attic after a number of years.

Attached pictures:
signman

#73 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:25 pm

John

I too sometimes despair of where this sudden aversion to public photography is taking us. Yes I understand that we have to be careful today where we allow photographs to be taken.

But it now seems that Councils and governments seem to think that they own all the local scenic views and want to charge you or make you pay for a licence to do something we have been doing free for years.

Did you like the old box camera? I knocked it up out of an old orange box and some old brass fittings I had knocking round the garage. Some mugs will pay anything if you tell them the right story.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#74 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:34 pm

I've never been stopped and I've done a lot of photography all over especially London and New York.
The nearest I ever came to getting in trouble was photographing Marilyn Monroes house, a dog started barking (this was at 5.30 on a
summer morning), and I thought I'd better hightail it, when I was driving away around the corner came a black 4x4 with 2 nasty looking guys in with rifles.
I forgot to say, on every front lawn around was a little blue shield which said EXCELSIOR SECURITY-USE OF DEADLY FORCE AUTHORISED.

signman

#75 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:39 pm

If you ever need a manual for a camera you can get a pocket sized book for nearly every camera ever made here, I've used them several times very reasonable about £7 on average.http://www.testreports.co.uk/photography/ap/

signman

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor