Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: WHAT DO YOU THINK ?

#76 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue May 18, 2010 10:29 am

The hop on and off rear I understand, Though I'm surprised that the HSE accepted the design. But I don't understand the rear glass panel. Why?

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#77 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue May 18, 2010 11:48 am

It is to be built in Ballymena, Northern Ireland, first one in service expected 2012.
Glass to highlight certain features and to give a spacios feel inside, two stairs and two doors.

signman

#78 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue May 25, 2010 1:50 pm

This is aimed at VM. I have been given this piece of equipment, is it any good, what can I do with it,if anything, or should I just dump it,it is
fully operational

Attached pictures:
You do not have the necessary rights to view attached pictures
signman

#79 by Voltman , Tue May 25, 2010 5:29 pm

Signman,
Mi zapatos vibrar con delicia.

That's a lovely bit of kit, I expect your's is not as smart as the one in the photo but it should definitly not be dumped.
It is a Shortwave receiver with very fine tuning.
It won't give it's best without a properly sited suitable aerial but all you really need is a longish piece of wire and you will be able to hear AM radio stations from all over the world.
As it's name suggests it is for receiving Shortwave Communications, as opposed to just Broadcasts, so it is multimode, ie Sidebands, Carrier (morse code), and AM.
You should be able to hear some amateur stations (Hams) as well as a great number of broadcast radio stations on AM Wide. The internet abounds with frequency charts.
Strangely, headphones will improve the audio and help with weak signals.

If you have the time and interest you could get a circuit and or software that will convert amateur slow scan TV signals, similar to fax or modem chatter, into something that your PC can display.
I have tried it and it does work after a fashion. You can also feed morse code straight into your PC microphone input and get some software that can convert it to text.
I can't remember the exact details of the software or the frequencies but I could learn it all again if you needed any help in that direction.

VM

"Nothing is more dangerous than an idea when it is the only one you have." Emile-Auguste Chartier

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#80 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue May 25, 2010 5:40 pm

You are having us on, it's a foodmixer. It says so on the label "Kenwood"

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#81 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue May 25, 2010 5:53 pm

Thanks for the info VM, it's not really my scene, if you want it it's yours (I don't want anything for it) I shall be coming to Brum June 11th-18th,
I could meet you somewhere and give it to you, like you say it's a shame to dump it when someone could make use of it.

signman

#82 by Voltman , Tue May 25, 2010 6:17 pm

Well Signman,

That's very good of you. I'd love to have it, Thank You.

I was already thinking that those of us who were interested, could get together for a meet up while you were up here.
Perhaps Private Mail is the best medium to arrange anything like that. in the meantime I look forward to meeting you.
VM

"Nothing is more dangerous than an idea when it is the only one you have." Emile-Auguste Chartier

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#83 by Sheldonboy , Wed May 26, 2010 5:02 am

That's very generous of you John and I know it couldn't go to a better home mate.

Arguing with an idiot is like teaching a pig to sing. It's a waste of your time, and it only annoys the pig!

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#84 by signman ( deleted ) , Thu May 27, 2010 6:20 am

I know I've said this before, but we seem to be in this time warp of not getting past the first 6 threads.
I've posted stuff and had no response or any way of knowing if it's been read, if someone was to just put ok or read after a post it would give an indication that you haven't wasted your time.
Unless Phil can come up with a better idea, we won't go anywhere if we just stick to games and puzzles.

signman

#85 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu May 27, 2010 10:14 am

John

There is a simple method of telling if your thread has been read and posted to since you last posted to it. You will have noted the disc on the left of each thread if the thread has been read by someone and then added to since your last post it will have turned from grey to red.

As for being able to tell if it has been read only, I don't think there is a way other than keeping a tally of the number of hits that your post has received. I'll make enquiries from Xobor.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#86 by signman ( deleted ) , Thu May 27, 2010 10:53 am

Thanks Phil, another question, what does it mean when the disc is moving.

signman

#87 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu May 27, 2010 11:06 am

John

If you mean the text on the disc is scrolling and this happens whether it is red or grey then I have to be honest and say that I don't know. But I know a woman who does and I will ask her.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#88 by Voltman , Thu May 27, 2010 4:07 pm

I have noticed the red disc but before that I got into the habit of scrolling down and seeing if the
dates of "Last Post" were recent or, where relevant, if my name wasn't still there.
VM

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#89 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu May 27, 2010 4:23 pm

John

The young lady at Xobor (Pam) tells me that a flashing text disk icon means that it is a hot topic and it is receiving a lot of posts.

She says that the only way of telling if your post has been looked at or read is by the hit counter. But I am going to ask if it is not possible to have a latest post page.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#90 by signman ( deleted ) , Fri May 28, 2010 5:39 am

Thanks Phil, fully in the picture now.

signman

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Useless Information-Just for fun

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor