The Brown Lion Hockley Re-opens 7th December

well that makes a change SB...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

RE: FORTHCOMING EVENTS

#3 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:47 am

A pub reopening is always good news, we hear of far too many closing down these days. I don't know a great about Hockley pubs never having used them much, though I did frequent the Woodman on the corner of Well St & Barr St for a while on Sunday mornings in the 70's. Like a lot of gaffers at the time he used to put free snacks on the bar in the Lounge for his customers. Like a tray of roast potatoes. cheese and pickles that sort of thing.

phil

#4 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:59 am

With a name like "Karl Ude-Martinez" it looks like they have found a real Englishman to portray St George. What is he Spanish? Well why not after St George was Greek wasn't he?

phil
Last edited Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:00 am | Top

#5 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:28 am

SB

That is where we differ, I would have thought that with someone that some attach such importance to, that possibly they could have found an out of work British Actors to give the work to. Or even a recently disbanded squadie a calvary officer maybe, though I understand that "Karl" comes with all his own props paraphernalia, and extras. So I suppose it would be a cost cutting exercise.

phil

#6 by Voltman , Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:38 am

Gentlemen,

There is currently, and throughout recent millennia, a severe shortage in the supply of Dragons.
This makes it difficult to practice and rehearse on a regular basis, with dragons only being allowed to work 5 hours per week and tied by many health and safety constraints.
Thus, no matter how many decommissioned service personnel one might gather together for the purpose, the best performance will be from someone with many years experience, even if said person does not have a typically ancient British name.

http://www.gutenberg.org/
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/
Latest Posts

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#7 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:42 am

If they are that desperate for someone with experience in taming dragons, then I'm the man for the job. I've lost count of the years of experience that I have in that field even if it has all been used on the one dragon.

phil

#8 by mikejee , Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:01 am

When he has finished at the display, then perhaps he would take time to slay that collection of irritatring TV dragons who continually clutter up the screens with their rubbish program

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#9 by Sheldonboy , Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:21 pm

I will try again to publicise an event that many work hard to produce at low cost for Birmingham. Nobody gets paid for this and this concert raises money for charity and deserves support. I strongly reccommend this as a wonderful night out in a world class venue.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

Attached pictures:
You do not have the necessary rights to view attached pictures

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#10 by astoness , Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:39 am

Thanks for the invite SB, I keep promising myself I will go to this event but have never got round to it....brushing up the words to land of hope and glory and i've got me flag at the ready and this will be my first visit to the symphony hall..don't know whats excited me more actually....sitting near to you or the lord mayor[Little LOL]..oh and all in a very worthy cause..i know how hard you and the team work all year round to put this together....see you there

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

Last edited 03.18.2013 | Top

#11 by Sheldonboy , Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:34 am

Quote: astoness wrote in post #10
thanks for the invite SB i keep promising myself i will go to this event but have never got round to it....brushing up the words to land of hope and glory and ive got me flag at the ready and this will be my first visit to the symphony hall..dont know whats excited me more actually....sitting near to you or the lord mayor[Little LOL]..oh and all in a very worthy cause..i know how hard you and the team work all year round to put this together....see you there

Thanks Lyn, I'll reserve a seat for your carer

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#12 by astoness , Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:36 am

ha ha SB how very funny...NOT...[Hammers]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor