Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Sense At Last

#1 by Sheldonboy , Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:51 am

A man walked Free from court Yesterday. After cutting a guys ear off with a Samurai sword.
Two men barged into his house, threatened to rape his wife,Kill his two kids and burn his house down. The jury took just 50 minutes to bring in a not guilty vertdict.
Good on him I say, and well done Jury.

Do not take life too seriously - you are not going to get out of it alive anyway.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

Last edited 05.07.2014 | Top

RE: SENSE AT LAST

#2 by Deleted User , Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:10 am

Yes,hopefully these people will realise that some people will retaliate in a big way,

#3 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:51 am

An ear, is that all he cut off?

Make Love, Not War

phil

#4 by mikejee , Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:35 am

I hope the police don't try to retain the sword. cclaimimg it was an offensive weapon.

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#5 by mikejee , Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:43 am

After i wrote the last post i noticed the advert above :
Criminal Record Checks - CRB Checks and Employee Screening Highly experienced & friendly http://www.verocrb.com
Seems to be a legal firm (just), but was intrigued by the following sentence:
"We offer a completly new method of completing online disclosures and obtaining candidate signatures using the latest technology to increase the turnaround time of the whole process."
I know many firms seem to draw out work as long as possible, particularly if it brings them more money, but i've never seen it admitted before
Mike

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member

#6 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:07 pm

Mike

You know lawyers, they will do anything to get a few extra bucks. They are the only people who charge for the saliva on a stamp when they stock one on an envelope.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#7 by mikejee , Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:03 pm

I know only too well Phil. After my divorce Bettinsons tried to charge VAT on my bill from them, even though all the work was done just before VAT was introduced. When that was pointed out, they invented an extra QC they had had to consult for advice , and that made it more than the original bill with the VAT.
mike

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Brown the Clown

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor